|Screen Size||17.3 inches|
|Processor||2.53 GHz Intel Core i3|
|RAM||4 GB ddr3|
|Hard Drive||640 GB|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Intel HD Graphics|
Gateway NV79C54u 17.3-Inch Laptop (Satin Black)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- The Gateway NV79C54u notebook blends premium performance and trendsetting style for stellar HD entertainment and seamless social networking.
- Stunning 17.3" HD+ Ultrabright LCD Display with16:9 widescreen aspect ratio delivers a true cinematic view of the latest high-definition movies
- Smart performance and a seamless visual experience start here with the Intel Core i3 processor.
- Windows 7 Home Premium makes the things you do every day easier and with Office Starter 2010
- Gateway's Social Networking Key makes connecting to today's most popular sites
Customers Also Shopped For
Top Customer Reviews
Display: Great, plenty big enough, which was a deciding factor in buying this laptop. The image is sharp and crisp. No issues with High Def movies. 5 stars here.
Keyboard: Finally a gateway laptop with something other than smooth keys, a little more tactile IMHO. This will make a difference a few years down the road where I would normally encounter heafily "polished" keys from thousands of keystrokes. Polishing will be further delayed with such a texture.
Memory: It comes with 4 GB of ram and it **IS** upgradable to 8. I have yet to NEED 8 GB of RAM and 4 GB is PLENTY, upgrades are relative inexpensive as to memory. After ripping out much of Windows bloatware products and loading up Open Source stuff, such as GIMP (think photo-shop), there was plenty of memory to handle heavy image processing.
Sound: This is a PROBLEM. Windows 7 comes on this little gem with a few issues deliberately put into play to "help" prevent you from blowing your speakers. However, when you have volume up to 100%, you're still only getting 20% or LESS of the speaker's capabilities. Google the fixes, they are arduous for the non-tech savvy types, EASY of you are tech savvy. Of course, replacing Windows with LINUX makes the sound a NON-ISSUE. Blast away!
Battery Life: This could be MUCH better, it's short, if you fly with this machine, pray it is a short flight, about 3 hours is being generous in description. However, if you have your power cord handy and are in a facility that has a place to plug in, same as being home. 'nuff said on that.Read more ›
1) Design: The keyboard itself appears fragile but so far has been without fault. The keys themselves are elevated pads that make me worry that there may be broken or missing keys down the line; I'll update my review should that happen.
2) Specs: 4 gigs of RAM, a 640gb hard drive, a nice and bright 17" display ... so far I am very happy with the mechanics of the laptop. It effortlessly allows me to run multiple windows of Firefox, CorelDraw x5, Corel PhotoPaint and still have the ability to play iTunes in the background. The integrated mousepad is competent but I prefer my wireless mouse for most work. It is not designed to be a gaming system (no dedicated graphics card and sound is a bit spotty) but it more than robust enough for the average work, student or home user. A bit more on the audio: it isn't great as it seems that Windows 7 refuses to allow me to use the speakers to their fullest capability. All in all, this is a minor setback as I've got it patched through a set of Boston Acoustics computer speakers that more than compensate. Moreover, if you know a bit about Windows 7 environments you can boost the audio a wee bit to compensate for the relatively weak speaker output if you'd prefer not to use external speakers.
3) Value: For less than $600.00, I was able to get a true desktop replacement that allows me to watch movies (whether dvd, streaming Netflix, or Hulu) and feel like I can actually see the detail. Most importantly, it handles user-grade software (MS Office 2010, Adobe products, etc.) like a champ.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Gateway NV79C54u 17.3-Inch Laptop is a excellant product for price & function would buy from this vendor again, I don't have any more wordsPublished on September 17, 2011 by jim evans
Overall: For the price, this Gateway NV79C54u is a pretty good desktop replacement.
1. 17" widescreen: Especially convenient to have when running 'wide' applications... Read more
I purchased the NV79 series laptop last year, and have had several problems. The largest problem is that the computer overheats, and powers down when using CPU intensive programs,... Read morePublished on June 21, 2011 by T. Schultz
A very good value product. If you are looking for a no nonsense laptop without all the fancy bells and whistles then it's a good buy. Read morePublished on June 16, 2011 by Robert S. Joy
See the Top Rated Laptops in our Laptop Reviews.