Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 47 reviews
on May 24, 2013
WORD OF WARNING: 39 days after I received my PC, I got a BSOD (error code 0xc0000034) and I made the mistake of not making a recovery disc/usb. SO BE SURE TO MAKE A RECOVERY DISC OR YOU WILL LOSE ALL OF YOUR DATA LIKE I DID!!!

Got this today. Runs very fast (more than twice as fast as my old pc). Only things that I've had problems with so far are: there's a CPU activity LED on the front panel that can be distracting; the complimentary keyboard is made of weak plastic and is prone to warping (I had to set a business card underneath one side to prevent it from wobbling when I type); the CPU likes to get hot (+165F), Otherwise, it runs great!

Also, I noticed that my HDD wasn't 5400RPM, but actually 7200RPM (Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD SATA 6 Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST1000DM003). Not sure if that was a typo or not, but I'm not complaining!

Temps during regular usage (web browser open, listening to music, etc.):
- CPU: ~138 °F / ~59°C

- CPU: ~171 °F / ~77°C
- GPU: ~61 °F / ~16 °C
- Motherboard: 114 °F / ~46 °C
- Hard Drive: 121 °F / ~49 °C

Also, I would like to provide extensive information for those that want to know more about the hardware:

Power Supply:

- RAS# Precharge (tRP): 12 clocks
- Cycle Time (tRAS): 28 clocks
- Bank Cycle Time (tRC): 39 clocks
on June 12, 2013
Here's what I liked about this little desktop:
HDMI port: connect it to your TV!
PS/2 ports: use PS/2 mouse/keyboard and save 2 USB ports for other uses
Media reader in the front: directly insert memory cards
Two USB 3.0 ports on the back: allow you to use faster USB
For the price, makes a great entertainment center: comes pre-loaded with everything a teenager would want: apps for XBox Live, Netflix, iTunes etc etc...
Mini Tower case small, system is whisper quiet. I have it running 24x7 and it stays cool.
Here's what I disliked:
Windows 8.... Arrrrrghhh... learn a new interface... I am too old for that.
No Wi-Fi: only an ethernet port, I thought that model came with a WiFi card in the PCIx1 slot
I intend to replace the video card. According to online doc from Gateway, the video card is in the only PCI-e slot on the motherboard, I hope it can be replaced with a 7970.
on August 2, 2013
To start, this is a very nice, budget computer. I was looking for something to replace a 7 year old desktop computer, which I had running as a media server.

This computer fit the bill perfectly. I needed something that was relatively cheap, but had space for more RAM, and a good base processor. The size also makes this an ideal media server computer. It fits just about anywhere and is pretty quiet. The lights on the front of the desktop (HDD light, and power status light) are pretty bright though. I put a cloth over the lights, because at night it is a beam of light practically.

I also have a 4 TB external HDD, for most of the storage of movies, music, etc. The 1 TB HDD that is in the computer is a huge plus though, so now I have around 5 TB of space. When I first started using this computer though, I couldn't get the external HDD to play nicely with the computer. The computer would get stuck on the boot screen whenever I restarted it. That issue seems to have gone away now though.

I also ordered 8 extra GB of RAM, since this handles all of my files, processing, databases, etc. I recommend Crucial 4GB Single DDR3 1333 MT/s (PC3-10600) CL9 Unbuffered UDIMM 240-Pin Desktop Memory Module CT51264BA1339. Installing the extra RAM was easy, but if you want the full 16 GB of RAM, the third stick my be a hassle, since it's underneath the computer's hard drive, and the hard drive would need to be taken out.

Overall it works great as a media center (XBMC, using SQL as a shared database), and as a host for all my files, for wireless access.
on September 28, 2013
I have owned this computer for about three months, during that time I have done at least four remote sessions with Geek Squad technicians, it has been serviced twice at the local Geeks Squad ER, the first time to reinstall the OS then back to determine the problem was hardware related ( bad CMOS contoller) then off to the Gateway repair facility for two weeks then returned with at cryptic note indicating that the BIOS had been reflashed( something i could have easily done in the comfort of my own home) and now ultimately appears to have a failing mother board so back to GATEWAY for ????
on March 5, 2015
I wish zero stars was an option. I purchased this desktop one year and four months ago and the processor has already broken. It is now a useless paperweight. Gateway customer service (which is virtually impossible to reach) pushed me through to a second party company who basically made excuses and told me their warranty is 1 year. For KEY COMPONENTS??? Save your money, get a different brand. I will never buy a gateway product again.
on January 3, 2014
Received this for a Christmas gift for my son, he loves it. Arrived very quickly, excellent condition, no problems hooking up or turning on. Compact little tower and looks good, haven't had any problems running anything at all. Came with a keyboard and mouse too, which was nice to discover because I guess I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize those would be included. The only problem, which is NOT with the hardware itself, is the god-awful pre-installed Windows 8. Words cannot express how much I hate it.
on March 26, 2014
I have had this computer just over a year now and couldn't be happier with it. We purchased two gateway computers this one, meant mainly for office type work and the UR318 with a bit better graphics and faster processing to use as a home theater computer. We have had zero problems with either of the computers. Both have worked as expected. They are compact in size, have a good number of usb ports, networked easily, fast and good video.
on January 4, 2014
I had an old HP slimline with windows XP, so this PC was a major upgrade. I mainly use the computer for photo editing using Lightroom 5 and it seems to work great for the most part. I do notice a slowdown sometimes when I am intensely editing an image (several spot removals in combination with adjustment brush and other special edits), but this is very rare. The computer boots up almost instantly and is very quiet. I am quite happy with my purchase.
on January 15, 2014
I have always had Gateway computers and this one doesn't disappoint. Both the guy who transferred all my files and the guy who installed my new Google fiber commented on its speed.....very quick machine. It has all the bells and whistles that I need....not many. Small footprint is really great. Have been using it for thirty days and really like it. Also very pleased with the price......
on May 17, 2014
Not sure what is happening with this computer, but when on the Internet, I am being redirected to other pages where I have to take a survey, constantly get pop ups and being told I have to download things I have never heard of.
Not happy with this product despite the fact that I have windows 8 and windows defender, which is supposed to protect my hardware.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.