Other Sellers on Amazon
Gathering Prey (A Prey Novel) Mass Market Paperback – April 5, 2016
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
“Relentlessly swift...genuinely suspenseful...excellent.”—Los Angeles Times
“Sandford is a writer in control of his craft.”—Chicago Sun-Times
“Excellent...compelling...everything works.”—USA Today
“Grip-you-by-the-throat thrills...a hell of a ride.”—Houston Chronicle
“Crackling, page-turning tension...great scary fun.”—The New York Daily News
“Enough pulse-pounding, page-turning excitement to keep you up way past bedtime.”—Minneapolis Star Tribune
“One of the most engaging characters in contemporary fiction.”—Detroit News
“Positively chilling.”—St. Petersburg Times
“Just right for fans of The Silence of the Lambs.”—Booklist
“One of the most horrible villains this side of Hannibal.”—Richmond Times-Dispatch
“Ice-pick chills...excruciatingly tense...a double-pumped roundhouse of a thriller.”—Kirkus Reviews
About the Author
- Publisher : G.P. Putnam's Sons; First PB Edition, First Printing (April 5, 2016)
- Language : English
- Mass Market Paperback : 448 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0425278859
- ISBN-13 : 978-0425278857
- Item Weight : 8 ounces
- Dimensions : 4.19 x 1.15 x 7.56 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #42,758 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
2. one minute shes to young to know whats going on 3. the next Lucas has her working the case 4. the only reason she gets away with stuff is because she acts like him and he approves. In this book this is the first mention of his biological daughter who he never speaks of. He makes liars out of other cops when going after the bad guys. I like the Virgil Flowers character much better, series #20, to #24 were better than this one.
The novel has violence ranging from gun fights to physical attacks. Expect some people to die. There are some unlikely heroes and heroines. In the Upper Peninsula, everyone has access to at least a rifle, and many have military training. You will get a lot of details about tracking and containing dangerous criminals. There is sexual content, mainly by discussion. I would give the novel an R rating, with motion picture potential. It has a surprise ending. I am not sure where the author intends to take the characters. Virgil Flowers makes a brief cameo appearance, but Lucas takes the lead on the law inforcement side, aided by various other people.
Top reviews from other countries
Don't get me wrong, it's readable, rattling along at a good luck, but you need to remember that you're going to alternate between between thinking "Eww gross too much information" and "Oh my God could these guys be any luckier?"
I recommend this to buy and keep to read again..
Don’t retire Davenport....next one please!
Would have given this one 4.9/5.....