Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 362 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 382 reviews
on December 8, 2013
I didn't want to carry around an extra AC adapter when traveling. I figured if I could charge my 3DS XL from my laptop, then I would be set.

This thing is great. The cable does not feel cheap and the connections are not flimsy.

My biggest worry was that it wouldn't pull enough power from the USB port to allow the 3DS XL to be played and charged at the same time if the battery was low. Well, I am pleased to report it can do both at the same time! I have found myself in the middle of marathon Pokemon Y sessions where that stupid red light comes on. I just reach over for this cable, plug it directly into my laptop or front ports of my computer- and that red light turns orange- problem solved!

For the price, you can't go wrong.
on August 12, 2015
While the cord does work to charge the 3DS XL, the USB plug is quite loose in my computer (see photo). Because of this, it tends to get unplugged without me even noticing which can be annoying.

Update March 2016: The cord's coating has begun to pull away from the USB plug, leaving the wires exposed (see photo 2). With the issues I have had, I would not recommend this cord. I have recently purchased YUYIKES Charging Cable For Nintendo 3DS / 3DS XL / DSi / DSi XL and, while it is more expensive than this cord, it has a much higher build quality and works perfectly.
on December 3, 2015
I ordered two of these chargers 5 months ago and probably used them once a week since then. They were adequate in the beginning, although the charge was very slow so it made sense for my kids to plug their 3DS XL's in well before the flashing red light came on.

My problem is that both chargers fell apart in the last week when gently pulling the USB portion out of the vehicle port. I was the one to do it so I know it came right apart with minimal force. There is no information on how to make a claim on the lifetime warranty, and the number I found for the company was not a working number.
review image
on June 3, 2016
Like a lot of other reviews have mentioned, the charge cable causes the 3ds charge light to flicker on/off. I believe there is something wrong with the connector used that causes this issue. This cable will not charge my New 3DS XL to more than a 75% (indicated) battery level. I believe this is because of a poorly constructed connector. When it reaches 75%, the battery light will start to flicker on and off. I'm actually concerned now about the health of my battery (which is brand new). Anyways, I don't recommend, buyer beware on this cable.
on August 17, 2015
went on a long trip and this thing save me from hours of boredom. I love my 3ds xl but its battery life is atrocious but this combo-ed with a large capacity battery bank such as the cheero Energy Plus 12000mAh i own made it amazing. when ever i got low I just plugged it right in and kept playing. The only thing you must keep in mind is that to keep playing and have it charge it needs to be plugged into a 2.1amp output plug. (like what you would use to charge a tablet). Plugging into a 1amp usb charging port will cause it to charge slower and not charge at all when playing.

TLDR: great USB cord be sure to sue 2.1amp/tablet charging port/usb. every 3DS owner should have a few.
on January 4, 2017
This may be sold by different suppliers, but the unit I got was junk. The plugs fit, but the charging light on 3DS would only blink. I have another similar cable to compare this to and it has no problem keeping the charging light on steady.
But for less than $5 I wasn't going to hassle asking for a refund. Instead I chopped the cable in half and then shortened the length down to about 8". The gage of wire used is very small, maybe around 30 gage. The wire is not copper. I could not twist the ends together. I had to solder it. It now works ok at the shorter length. I think the wire had too much resistance to supply the current needed for charging.
Don't buy unless you plan to chop it apart like I did.
on January 15, 2015
When ever I go to use it the charging indicator light flickers, and I first I thought it was because the connection was loose, but the connection from the charger that comes with the 3DS XL is even more loose. After determining that it was not the connection that was the problem I moved to putting it into various usb ports on my computer, laptop, other family member's laptops and computers, and then finally my external battery pack (the reason why I bought the cable in the first place), and the charging light flickered with every single one of them; however, if you're not planning on playing your 3DS while charging it and don't mind that it will take a minimum of twice as long to charge the product does serve it's purpose. I, however am going to purchase another cable from a different seller and keep this one as a back up as it's price is not that much and not worth sending it back.
on June 17, 2016
Works as intended! I use this with my Anker battery packs when I forget to charge my 3DS and have no access to an outlet. Plus it saves space when I don't have to carry around my AC adapter. This will not work as a USB data transfer, so you cannot plug this into your computer and transfer files. Charging only!

I don't use it often, so I don't know how it will hold up to regular use.
on April 23, 2017
With this, you dont need to carry around that bulky charger that the system comes with. Took this for a trip and less wires equals more freedom.
on December 14, 2015
I bought two of these and when I started to use them in the first FIVE minutes my expectations were nowhere met.
After turning on my 3ds either cord would not provide enough power to charge it and the charging light would turn off, and after close inspection the cable comparison of a REAL charger was notably different to the naked eye, even the two chargers I bought were different, and upon further inspection the cables looked as if they were used even though I bought them NEW as the wires had small damage and food on them.

Don't buy these unless you have too much money.