Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Customer reviews

Color: Orange|Size: Large|Change

Showing 1-10 of 67 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 72 reviews
on August 23, 2015
The Gator GPB-LAK-1 Pedal Board is a nice simple heavy duty aluminum mounting
area for your stomp boxes and includes a power supply bracket on the underside. I
have easily installed, with the included Velcro, four 2-1/2" wide pedals without a
problem. If you had one more mini pedal you could easily install another pedal on the
board.

-- Pedal Board Stats ----------------------------------------------------------------
> Aluminum Thickness: 1/4 inch
> Total Footprint Width: 15-1/2 inches
> Total Footprint Depth: 8-1/4 inches
> Pedal Surface Area Depth: 7-1/2 inches
> Front Height: 1-1/2 inches
> Rear Height: 3 inches
> Rear Access Opening: 1-1/4 inch diameter
> Power Supply Bracket Size: 6-1/2 in (L) x 2 in (H) x 3-1/2 in (W)
> Board Weight, w/o pedals: 3.5 pounds [Manufacturer pub. board wt. = 5 lbs.]
> Board Weight w/ 4 pedals (2-1/2 in. x 4-1/2 in.): 5.88 pounds

The pedal board has a nice rake on it so accessing the buttons on your pedals is easy.
There are plenty of access holes for running your connectors and power lines. Also a
very nice mount under the board for a power box if you so choose.

The Gator comes with plenty of 1-1/2 inch wide Velcro and it work very well keeping the
pedals on the board. I've had no problems with any pedals dislodging or moving on
around even one millimeter.

You need to remember that the connecting cables between the boxes will take up some
room. My equalizer has the power outlet on the side of the box. Most box power outlets
seem to be on the top end of the pedal. So, plan carefully by first doing a mock up with
all your connectors and power cables installed before you finally Velcro them down.

The padded case is well made with 2 heavy zippers on the top. There is a zippered
mesh compartment inside the lid to hold extra equipment. I am able to easily place a 10
foot connecting cable in the bag with the board and pedals installed. Whether it would
withstand a world tour I can not comment on. I would not call it 'Heavy Duty', but it may
hold up under concert conditions. The board is definitely long term durable.

The pedal board case has a 1-1/2 inch wide padded handle as well as a shoulder strap
with a shoulder pad. The bag has two plastic feet, each 2 inch by 3 inch, on the "bottom
side" so you can store your bag upright like a suitcase.

Overall, a nice pedal board and case and I give it a 5 Star recommendation. They will
hold up for multiple gigs and make it easier for you to share your music as you hear it.
44 comments| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2014
Well constructed, typical gator quality. Don't let the "aluminum" construction fool you, this thing has some weight to it. Heavy enough to stay put on a stage. The power cord hole in the front could have been offset from the mounting area for the power supply to allow better routing of the power cord but this is a minor thing. I also added my own strip of velcro on the underside to keep the power supply from slipping around. Not sure if it would or not but this way I don't have to crank down the mounting bracket.
review image review image
on August 25, 2015
Solid, well made, and no movement if you install your pedals right. It's more than just a bunch of rails, like the Pedaltrain. Case isn't bad either supports weight well. Throw some type of semi solid case in there and youve got a 5!
review image review image
on January 20, 2015
Might seem pricey, but I'm giving this a 5 because as far as small, out-of-the-box pedalboards go, I think this is the best available. I originally got my hands on a Pedaltrain Nano, but quickly exchanged it for this. While the Nano is lighter and smaller, this board has some serious advantages. The construction is beefier, so it will be less likely to be dragged around on stage. It's nicely angled, where as the Nano lies flat. Also, the Nano didn't offer enough space under the board for my small power supply (the T-Rex Fueltank Jr.). Big oversight on Pedaltrain's part, I think.

So ... the Gator offers far better construction, more room to move both aboveboard and below. The case is much nicer (this is what they do, after all) and easier to get the whole works in and out of. Nice to see it's made in the USA. It's a bigger package overall to cart around than the Pedaltrain Nano, but unless light and small are your primary requirements, this board is worth the extra expense.
on December 12, 2015
I have an odd combination of pedals including a large volume pedal and and oversized compressor. This fits everything comfortably and feels really rugged. The case is strong and solid too. Overall, this has made my setup way easier. The only reason I gave it four stars was because Gator includes what they call a "universal power supply bracket" that turns out to be too small (are you reading this, Gator) for the larger 1Spot power unit. The first thing I had to do when it arrived was put it on the drill press and make four new holes in it - about the last thing I wanted to do. Overall, I'm quite happy with it, though.
Perfect for my needs, I play acoustic guitars, I don't need much in the way of effect, reverb and occasionally chorus, nothing else. The reverb and chorus on my Fishman amp sound great. I use 2 large and one standard sized pedal and this board is the perfect size.

The design is smart, the number of holes, the shape and size of the holes is really nice when setting up a pedal board.

The angled deck is perfect when you step on the buttons of your pedals. The space below the deck allows you to coil up excess cabling neatly.

The board is like a tank, sturdy, durable. The four rubber feet keep it in place on a carpeted floor and I imagine would do the same or better on hardwood or tile.

The quality of the carry case is surprisingly good. Highly recommended, 5 stars.
review image
This is a very sturdy metal board that slants at a great angle. It gives you plenty of room underneath to mount all of your power supplies so that you only have one electric cord coming out of the top of the unit. I used a combination of zip ties and the included velcro to secure my board. I can turn it upside down without anything coming loose. I used T-Rex vinyl tape underneath. It is strong and doesn't hurt the paint if you need to pull it up. Gorilla Tape would work well, too. Obviously the board is heavy when full. While the soft case is very nice, I will probably invest in a hard case eventually. Also, the white color is a nice contrast behind the pedals. I didn't want black as typically the floor is black and the pedals are mostly black. The white/orange/green allows you to quickly locate your pedals.
review image review image review image
on February 20, 2016
This pedal board works perfect for me. I considered the Pedaltrain Classic Jr. but I am glad I went with this one because the dimensions worked perfect for my layout. My volume pedal fits just right with not a lot of extra room above or below, which is what I wanted. Two rows of normal size pedals fits just right also. I placed at Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus underneath with no problems. Please see photo.
review image
on April 12, 2017
I own one of these in every size. The middle (or large) size GPB-BAK-1 is perfect for a moderate amount of pedals including a wah and maybe a volume depending on how many pedals you have in your fx chain. The Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus fits perfectly in the included bracket, and has a courtesy outlet for powering one additional pedal or item, however this board will fit more than 9 pedals. I've included images showing it comfortably holding between 11 and 13 pedals (forgive the sloppy wiring, i was only testing the chain).

Most people dont run that many pedals (at least not at the same time, nor should you unless everyone of them has true bypass or a buffer), but for those of you like myself who own a rediculous amount of pedals or complex signal chains, constantly experimenting with MORE than 14 peddals at a time or with large fx looper blocks, etc... the extra large board is top notch. There are brackets for two pedal power supplies enough for 16 pedals easy, i've augmented mine to hold an aditional ISO5, for 21 channels of power included the 18v needed for the mxr EQ. The photo included shows just how many will fit on this board with a wah, volume, blackstar ht aaib, and other random stomp boxes layed out for visual representation only. Im still working on a semi permanent solution so i can toggle between boards with what i need for when i need it - as the extra large XBAK-1 is VERY heavy with pedals onboard, and really not very practical for portability, but its PERFECT for guys like me who need a large board as a more of a "laboratory", which can also be portable.

Hope this helps someone, the quality is amazing and included bag/hook and loop is a huge plus. Best pre-built boards on the market.
review image review image review image
on May 12, 2015
Solid. Great color. Took a while to figure out setting it up with my power supply and cables, but works. A bit pricey for a low-tech hunk of metal, but that's the story for most pedalboards. The case is a nice addition.