Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 178 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 232 reviews
on March 15, 2013
This is my third book by Ms. Bergren, and it did not disappoint. Through a family of polar bears, she gives us the story of Easter. She explains each of the secular parts of celebrating the holiday, and how it relates to the real meaning of the holiday - the resurrection of Christ and why that happened.Her illustrations are as lovely as they have been in her other books, and the polar bear parents explain love with great gentleness to their child.

I would recommend this book as well as God Gave Us Christmas, and God Gave Us You, for every family who wants to offer Christ based answers to very small children, using language that they will understand.
on April 24, 2017
I got this for my grandchildren after reading all the rave reviews, wanting something that would tell the religious story of Easter in a way they could understand. I don't know why this book has so many 5 star reviews. I found the story to be disjointed and didn't seem like it was even about Jesus' Resurrection half the time. Some of it seemed pretty dark, too, which I didn't want for my 1 and 3 year old grandsons. My daughter-in-law also was disappointed in the book, as she wanted a toddlers' story of Easter. I wish now I had gotten the Berenstain Bears Easter book instead. Next year...
on April 9, 2017
Incredible! We bought the Christmas version last year and loved it so much, we had to try the Easter version. What a beautiful, God-inspired book. The authors so beautifully explain the gift of Easter in a way that touches both children and adults. This is a book to treasure year after year!
on April 12, 2017
What a beautifully written book about the Easter story! We bought for our baby's first Easter but can see this being read year after year. Would be a great buy for all ages 0-10+... Would definitely recommend!
on April 29, 2017
The illustrations were cute, but I thought this was going to be a children's version of Jesus's resurrection. The storyline was all over the place and at times I forgot that it was even about Easter at all. I would not recommend this book if you're looking for a good biblical based Easter explanation.
on June 8, 2016
Gift for grandchild who enjoyed the true story of Easter, a nice balance to all the candy and easter bunny stuff.
on March 7, 2017
This book is a great way to help teach your children the real reason why we celebrate Easter. We really enjoy this book!
on May 7, 2017
Cute book with good story line and nice picture. I ordered this for my 1.5 year old to be able to start teaching the easter story to and it is too advanced of a story line of course for him but hope he will enjoy it as he grows.
on April 18, 2017
I am definitely in the minority, but I did not love this book. I bought it for my boys, ages 4.5 and 2. It is a long story, but they love being read to. My biggest problem was NO mention of Jesus dying on the cross, why he died for us, and then his resurrection. It was disappointing. I would have returned it, but I would have gotten only a small refund after paying to send it back.
on May 2, 2017
this is one of my favorite easter books. I own one and purchased one for my 2 year old grandson. This year I noticed the price and it was on prime so I purchased it for my 4 yr grandsons easter basket.