Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 103 reviews
on August 16, 2017
Perfect for our school needs. Price was good for not having to run all over the major metro finding everything we needed.
on May 26, 2014
What's better than Sir Gawain? Sir Gawain translated Tolkien you say? What's better than Sir Gawain translated by Tolkien? Sir Gawain translated Tolkien read Terry Jones of Monty Python's Flying Circus you say!!!! This is beyond brilliant and quite possibly the most fun I've had with an audio book since I found C. S. Lewis' Screwtape Letters read Sir John Cleese. Terry Jones' littl lispe, Tolkien's maintainment of the alliteration to fault, and the Pearl Poet's insane plot is a perfect combination. I have to admit though, I find myself picturing the Green Knight as Sean Connery when I listen to this copy... It's just too fun. I highly recommend this!
on March 24, 2017
great read
It's a classic.
on June 22, 2011
This is a really fascinating subversion of the tropes of courtly love. Roles generally given to women are given to religion, and quests that in earlier literature are completely external are internalized. I read this for a college course on Arthurian romances and it was definitely one of my favorite books we read. This version has the Middle English (which is difficult Middle English, by the way -- more difficult than Chaucer) on one page and a modern English translation on the facing page.
on September 1, 2017
Excellent book. Highly entertaining!
on July 12, 2015
Great addition to a JRR Tolkien fanatic, however it is not a novel but more of a remake of old poem. Is hard to understand at times but overal a great collection of work.
on September 20, 2016
Tolkien is such a master of language, imagery, and just writing a whopping good tale.
on July 17, 2016
Reading this book made me feel like I had been let in on the secret known to every little boy.
on June 23, 2016
Very reasonable well-priced work of medieval literature translated by JRR Tolkien (with others).