Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,246 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,536 reviews
on September 22, 2009
Like everyone else, I was disappointed at the lack of resistance so I simply added a couple of bungee cords to the handles--you can slide them up for less resistance or down for more. SEE CUSTOMER IMAGE for a picture.
review image
1313 comments| 797 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 19, 2016
The machine is great however this model has an instructional DVD included which is defective and will not play. Imagine our dismay once the machine was assembled and we discovered the DVD was no good and then to learn that Amazon cannot replace the DVD because it is "part of a set". The customer service rep. wanted to ship us a whole new machine, we dig the DVD out, and then go through the hassle of returning the gigantic box to Amazon or risk being charged for 2 machines. Blah!! Check your DVD before assembly!!!!
on August 4, 2016
I've been using for past 2 weeks and just got my best workout thus far. Had a little stamina curve for me at first but now the work out is smooth and up tempo. You control the speed so you can get up to the speed of a really good jog to raise your heart rate with no jolting of your knees. By adjusting the angle of your body, you can isolate you workout between upper & lower extremities. This model needs additional resistance with bands but that's an easy improvement. It was easy to assemble and fits in my semi-compact space-its about the size of my comfy chair. Since getting the device, my joints feel better, lost a little weight, and improved my muscle tone. This is a super buy for the low low price.
on March 13, 2013
Love this exercise machine. Have worked out on the typical elliptical equipment as well as treadmills. This machine does not limit your motions as much as other pieces of equipment. What surprised me the most is how the user can design the intensity not only by speed but also simply by adjusting body positions. I discover during each use different positions of hands, legs, feet that change the workout entirely and the user can easily distinguish which exact muscle group is worked.

One word of caution: You may experience discomfort during the first times of use because it is easy to over extend joints and ligaments. I would suggest that the first time a user starts with small time increments on the machine to pin point possible ways of easing into the new exercise routine. I discovered that this machine tends to not only work all major muscle groups but it also has a great effect on ligaments.

Due to weak joints in my ankles and knees I am hoping that this machine will help strengthen the trouble spots.

All in all a great workout for the price. Effortless to assemble, quiet (perfect for apartment dwellers), the fold up option is wonderful and you will certainly get a great workout. This machine resembles a power walk exercise routine the closest in my opinion. Treadmills and elliptical machines can not simulate power walking as effectively as this little machine.

Was not impressed by the workout video that was delivered with it. It showed merely some chopped up routines. But every user has limitless possibilities with this machine to design the exact workout they need.

Glad I invested in this piece of equipment. Now I can "power walk" no matter the weather, no matter how late or early. Love it.
on January 5, 2015
I wanted to enjoy this so much. I'd read a lot of reviews and I needed something simple and effective. It was well within my price range, which I thought was important, and also an easy fit for my small apartment. However, on day 3, it started making funny noises. They went away day 4, and were back day 5. On day 6, I stepped onto the machine and the left pedal snapped off. Luckily I had only mounted the machine and wasn't in motion. That could have been a real disaster. I called Gazelle who is sending replacement parts. Perhaps it was a manufacturing issue that will be resolved by the replacement parts. In the meantime, I had intended to be working out with the machine over my vacation. That was totally blown. We'll see what happens next. I would not purchase this machine again. And if the replacement parts don't solve the issue, Amazon's going to be getting this one back.
on September 18, 2016
The Gazelle Edge is awesome. I put this together in about 30 minutes (I'm assembly challenged). I suffered a severe leg injury a few years ago and as a result have many plates, pins, screws, in my lower leg. When using a treadmill or simply walking at an aerobic activity speed my leg will hurt, I experience sharp pain with every step. I can use this equipment for over an hour straight with absolutely no pain!
on April 2, 2017
This is an easy way to keep moving when watching the tv. It's fairly quiet, and you can move it as fast or slow as you want. I haven't lost weight from using it, but it is sure better than just sitting. It has started making a few clicking noises, but I don't think it's anything serious.
on August 18, 2016
The Gazelle is perfect for me. I have problems with my knees and ankles, so many other types of excercise machines are not right for me. There
are no issues with impact or knee strain and I can walk as rapidly as I wish. The Gazelle frame is sturdy, no alarming wobbles or movement across
the floor even though it is light enough for me to pick up and move alone. I'm really happy with this piece of equipment.
on May 29, 2017
Both my husband and I love this Gazelle Edge! It was easy to put together. We are in our early 60's and this is the low impact machine we were looking for. We have it in a spare bedroom and have had to move it several times for company. It folds up easy. I've moved it by myself twice in a pinch and it was a bit heavy for me. Overall we are very pleased with our purchase.
on January 5, 2016
Great, simple, lightweight and easy to store piece of equipment. Purchased for my husband to use in the garage when he watches TV. He loves that its easy to fold out and use. Also loves that it is quiet and not overly difficult. He's not real into working out, just wanted something convenient to keep him moving in the winter months, and this is perfect for him. He's lost about 6 lbs just using it for about 30 mins a day. He's around 240 lbs so I was a little concerned it wouldn't be sturdy enough but it is. I actually enjoy using it as well, though a bit too easy for a runner. I did see a hack where you can use bungee cords for resistance, so I may try that. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for a light workout that is super kind to the knees.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.