& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Set years prior to the events of the previous "Gears of War" trilogy, "Judgment" centers on Kilo Squad, a troop of soldiers led by Damon Baird and Augustus "The Cole Train" Cole.
- "Gears of War: Judgment" introduces brand-new multiplayer experiences, including OverRun, a thrilling new class-based competitive mode that pits Locust and COG soldiers in a head-to-head battle unlike anything "Gears" fans have experienced yet.
- "Gears of War: Judgment" introduces a new Smart Spawn System [S3] for both campaign and multiplayer action.
- Marking a first for the "Gears" franchise, "Gears of War: Judgment" features a "Misson Declassification" system that lets players experience more challenging gameplay scenarios and achievements by uncovering critical information during the course of the campaign.
- Playable cooperatively with up to three friends on Xbox LIVE (four players total), "Gears of War: Judgment" depicts the planet Sera on the brink of annihilation by an unstoppable new Locust menace, giving you a new vantage point into one of the richest and most acclaimed sagas in gaming.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Then I played it.
Epic, what in God's name happened? Cover system? Pointless. Weapon re-spawns? Endless. Down but not out? Gone. Graphics? Subjective, but for me not as crisp as Gears 3 (for example the Hammer of Dawn, absolutely does not carry the punch and melty flavor it had in previous games, you may even argue that it was better in Gears 2) Fun? Subjective, but for me palpably absent.
The decision to take away down but not out, you may think would encourage people to use cover more, team work more. I've played about 35 hours of multiplayer so far, and this thought process couldn't be more wrong. They turned the game into what is essentially Gears version of an arcade shooter. You pick your primary weapon to start with, Lancer, Gnasher, Hammerburst, Retro Lancer, Sawed off, or the new Marzka, and your choice of one grenade (Wall tagging is gone by the way, another disappointing decision to me). From there you are put in a 5v5 match like the previous game. FROM that point, you will likely come to the same conclusion as most, just take the gnasher, run in, shoot once, and melee. Congratulations, you have mastered Gears of War Judgement. Now that alone isn't necessarily a deal breaker. Some could argue that it's faster now, but I for one don't remember ever playing the previous games complaining about the speed.Read more ›
But after playing this game for about 8 hours it just felt different and odd. I know the developers were going for the game to be different and of course it's always good for a game franchise to change it's ways. That's if it's in a good direction of course. Now don't get me wrong, this is still a pretty solid game but it just has something missing to it.
Campaign: Haven't played too much of it but it seems promising. People on here say it's about 5-8 hours but I don't really mind that. Knowing that you should just not rush through it and then complain about it being short. Play it little by little and it will last. There really wasn't anything I found wrong with the campaign. I've actually enjoyed the Declassified Missions option to it. It adds a little more fun to it since it allows to to gain stars to unlock stuff.
Multiplayer: This is where I was mostly disappointed as follows:
Pro's: -Most of how it runs feels the same aside from the new controller scheme (Y button to switch weapons instead of the d-pad and LB for grenades)I'm not making a huge deal out of it because it only takes a little while to get used to.
-Lot's of skins for your character and weapons to unlock.
-When you're waiting to respawn you don't need to wait the full amount of time, you can just press A to respawn immediatly.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This game is still not even worth 10 dollars it is just not gears of war any more it's a awful game that tried to be like halo. it just doesn't have the gears of war feelPublished 26 days ago by Amazon Customer
Great game, love the multiplayer. Arrived on time and in perfect condition.Published 28 days ago by Amazoner22
good game but not great. the problem is that the story gets cut up into pieces by you having to stop and decide if you want to do paticipate in the ful story thing. Read morePublished 1 month ago by RPG fan
I got this most of all for Team Death Match, which it has, and some really nice maps, too. Just wish I could play as a Locust instead of a COG. Read morePublished 2 months ago by J.M. Romero