Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 14, 2013 5:07:40 PM PST
Do I have to play the other games to understand the story line?

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 7:13:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 7:13:41 PM PST
Brandon says:
you dont have to but i recommend you to get the games before this game release so you understand the story :)

Posted on Jan 19, 2013 10:26:50 AM PST
HUNTER10 says:
it's a prequal so no .

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 2:29:55 PM PST
Civilknight says:
They are amazing, the character and story are really profund and interesting. You can get them for cheap and if you preorder the game gears 1 comes for free

Posted on Feb 6, 2013 2:51:17 AM PST
right now walmart is offering with there pre order of gears, gears 1 download and your choice of gears 2 or 3, so that will get you almost all the games at the same price for 1, all you will have to do is go to game stop and pick up a used copy of gears 2 as it will be slightly cheaper then gears 3

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 3:27:10 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Feb 26, 2013 3:27:49 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 26, 2013 3:28:14 PM PST
MKH says:
Ummm, how about chronologically this is the first in the series? This happens over a decade before Gears 1 so maybe if you could go back and play the games, and do your research properly, so you don't confuse anyone when they play Judgment and wonder where Marcus is? He's the main character in the original trilogy, in case you forgot.

Posted on Mar 8, 2013 2:05:37 PM PST
J. Giron says:
The game starts off right after the events of gears 3.. but then Baird tells the story of his past..
so for the most part its a stand alone game but if you want more background knowledge of the games story then i would recommend picking the others up.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2013 2:36:31 PM PST
MKH says:
^ Wrong. The game starts at the END of Judgment and Baird tells the narrative of what happened. Depending on how well you play the campaign, your testimony changes at the end. The only relation this has to Gears 3 is when you unlock Aftermath, which is a separate side campaign and shows you what happened to Baird and Cole when Marcus left to find Azura.

Posted on Mar 9, 2013 10:57:46 PM PST
This happens before the first Gears of War, so technically no you don't have to play the others first.

Posted on Mar 30, 2013 11:04:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 30, 2013 11:08:00 AM PDT
I bet gears of war 1 code for 15$. Interest? Mail on: andre-seifferth@live.de

Payment via Credit card or Paypal...or you could give me another game code/points???
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 30, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Gears of War: Judgment
Gears of War: Judgment by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
3.3 out of 5 stars (597)