Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 806 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 909 reviews
on March 3, 2014
So I've went through quite a few thumb grip products for the DualShock 3 controller, since Sony saw fit to ship a controller with a piece of plastic that gets slicker than black ice on a cold night when your hand is remotely wet. Most grips feel weird or don't fit the controller well, making playing with them a terrible experience. I wasn't expecting much from these GelTabz, but I have to say these are the most impressive thumb grips I've ever bought.

I put these on both the DualShock 3 and the DualShock 4 and it improves both of them. They don't add a lot of bulk so your finger doesn't feel out of place and the gel material actually grips your finger instead of feeling like you're playing with patterned plastic. The downside to that grippyness is that they attract dust and pet hair if you have pets. They wipe clean quickly, but I noticed quickly after putting them on and the cat jumping up to sit in my lap, hair had stuck to the pads.

That's not really a mark against them, just goes to show what grip they provide is real instead of imagined. Despite these being marketed for the PlayStation family, the back of the package says they'll fit any other console you might have and I can confirm they do work on Xbox 360 and Wii U thumb sticks.
review image
on January 28, 2017
I Bought these for PS4 Controller because I heard that the thumbsticks fall apart after a while, so I wanted to be prevent that from happening.

They are Not a Hassle to Put On.
The way I put them on is by flipping them inside out and then put the base of grip onto thumbstick then roll it downwards so that it comes out evenly onto the thumbstick.

I Have to say these do Exactly what they Claim. They are Smooth and Grip Very well to your Fingers.

I like how this comes with 4 grips so you can put them onto 2 controllers.
I also really like Using These Grips for my Xbox One Elite Controller

However I've had these 2 weeks and the grooves on top of them are wearing away I also see these falling apart because the material is primarily 2 part plastic. Also these attract a lot of dust to them.
I Don't See Me Buying This Again.
review image review image
on September 29, 2016
Fit perfectly on my PS4 controller. Too make them stay on better/longer. Get a dry paper towel or cloth and wash your hands of any oily residue. Wipe your thumb sticks throughly so that the rubber from the grips really hold on tight. Flip the tabs inside out where it is rolled over the tip of your thumb. Then roll the edges down so they will better stay in place. Also putting these on really worn or smooth Ps4 controller sticks will keep these from really staying on well.
on May 3, 2017
My thumbs always slid when using the thumb sticks without grips. I've always had this issue and would have to try to reposition my thumbs at the worst times. My hands also sweat when I'm playing a game and get anxious or scared. I've been playing Outlast 2 which scares he heck out of me, so my hands are a mess lol. After putting these grips on, I've had zero issues with my thumbs slipping. My husband loves them as well. I no longer have to worry about slipping while running from imminent death.
on September 4, 2017
If you play a game at which you hold the left analog stick for long periods of time PLEASE get this. I went to gamestop because I needed a new controller and he recommended me these when I brought my new one and I'm forever grateful. These will save your controller and they feel great. It's going to feel a little strange when you first put them on but now it feels strange to play without them. (They say universal but I think the blue is for PlayStation and the black is for xbox. I tried putting the black on my second controller but it never stays on)
on March 4, 2015
First, I learned the trick to applying these "tactile wonders." Turn them inside-out, place the "belly onto the control button of your choice, and pull the skirts or shoulders down over the sides of the button being covered. They provide me with a non-slip grip on my control sticks. Comfortable to use for hours on end. My daughter, who now lives out of town and who has years of near-pro gaming experience, came home this past weekend for a brief visit. As soon as she handled my PS4 and XBOX360 controllers, she noticed and liked the new GelTabz button caps. They really do make a difference.
on August 10, 2016
One of the thumb-sticks on my PS4 controller started tearing, as is a common defect of the launch batch of PS4 controllers. After a little looking around I decided that instead of buying a replacement controller, or disassembling my current controller and replacing the sticks; I would buy some thumb grips. The soft rubber design of the GelTabz intrigued me so I bought one.
After putting them on, I initially enjoyed the tacky softness of them, but quickly noticed that the Gel Tab on the left thumb stick (the worn down one) was hitting the sides of the controller every time I moved the stick. This felt vaguely like the entire thumb-stick was encased in Jello. After taking off and reapplying the Tab numerous times I eventually figured out that if I put a wadded up paper towel piece under it then it kinda sorta fit. This is not ideal.
I initially thought that this was probably due to the fact that my thumb-stick was worn down (even though it was worn by less than a millimeter), which surely the GelTabz people shouldn't be held accountable for because the problem was on my end. Then the Gel Tab on the right stick started hitting the sides. This was less common than the problem with the other side, it would happen about every hour, and I would have to reapply the tab to fix it. It was still super annoying though.
In summary I would not recommend this product. In theory having soft, flexible thumb grips is a nice, comfortable idea. In practice it's an imprecise, jello-ey chore. I would recommend normal hard thumb grips.
on August 30, 2015
If you're looking at these, chances are you would benefit from buying them. Are you a gamer with sweaty hands? Do you play seriously/competitively and need more granular control so you can pwn n00bz and howl "HEADSHOT!" loud enough to wake the baby? If the answer to either or both questions is "yes," buy these and game on. If you only play occasionally, these still improve feel and control enough to be noticeable and well worth the price of admission. They may not make you a better gamer, but they'll make you a more comfortable one.

I've been using them for nearly a year now and they completely solved the hand and wrist pain I used to get from my thumbs slipping around on the analog sticks during extended sessions (4+ hours). Compared to the cost of treating a repetitive strain injury, these things are basically free. As others have mentioned, the stock rubber covering on the PS4's analog sticks is also somewhat notorious for disintegrating, so these are a nice bit of insurance for your controllers and your body.
on March 7, 2017
Love this item, and use it daily. As a matter of fact, I can no longer play with just the regular ps4 controller without it. I have tried the standard thumb grips that you can buy at Target, but those leave my thumbs very sore, especially after a good session of fifa, which has a lot of thumb action. This is very smooth on the thumb and they do wear down, but it has taken several months of use. I'll definitely buy again and again.
on May 4, 2015
Bought these based on a video comparing them to some other generic brand. in that review they were superior to the other brand based on tackiness of the slip-ons. Upon getting them and installing them the tacikiness is definitely there initially, but after a short time using them it begins to wear off. After only week they were nearly as slippery when using them as the stock thumb sticks had become. If it wasnt for the small nubs on the top of the tabz there would be no improvement over the default coating on the sticks whatsoever.

Imho I would go with kontrol freakz as i've used those on my xbox one controller and they have held up for well over a year ESPECIALLY during intense gaming moments where my hands and fingers tend to perspirate and makes things difficult. Some people may not have this problem however and the tabz may work for them.

Bottom line: if you're looking for a more cost effective solution this may work for you. If you have a little extra money to spend treat yourself to the k ontrol Freakz. You wont be disappointed.