MALOUF Z Gelled Microfiber Bed Pillow - Queen
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Fill Material||Gel Memory Foam|
|Pillow Type||Bed Pillow|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- 250 TC pure cotton percale cover
Customer ratings by feature
Customers also search
Filled with gel-coated microfibers, the soft, consistent filling of the Gelled Microfiber pillow can be molded to your ideal comfort level. Its soft, consistent filling does not shift or clump. The luxurious down feel of this pillow offers the versatility of down without odors, allergens, and sharp quills. A 250 thread count pure cotton percale cover accompanies this pillow.
Reviewed in the United States on April 8, 2016
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Some reviewers have complained that the pillow does not fit their pillow cases; others say it fits fine. To me, the pillow's length to width ratio seems off. It just seems longer and skinnier than most other pillows. My queen size Z pillow measures approximately 28 inches long by 15 inches wide. In my queen size pillow cases, the pillow tends to protrude out of the case (slightly) because of the length. Also, it didn't quite fill the case up width-wise. You can measure your own cases to determine what will happen before ordering this particular pillow.
The pillow comes in a black and clear plastic travel case. This provides the consumer with a nice presentation of the pillow, but I never used the travel case and eventually got rid of it. The pillow is well constructed with good seams. I hope this review helps.
With that said, I do have some personal observations which may be useful to others but for which I did not score down the pillow:
1) This is a SOFT pillow, no way around it. I'm a side sleeper so this is not going to be a primary pillow but it works very nice to cuddle with or to sleep on my stomach or back with. I did put it into a standard pillow cover which, due to the length, made it thicken a little.
2) Note to the manufacturer: How about making your pillows in standard widths. The length corresponded to a queen size pillow but the 16" width is 4" less than a standard/queen pillow's 20-inch width. This really does create problems if you like your pillow enclosures/pillow cases to fit nicely. Again, the size is great for cuddling and wasn't really that bad for sleeping on but I have a lot of loose pillow case on each side of the pillow. Just a suggestion. This is, to me, what keeps this from being THE Perfect pillow.
3) The microfiber gel pillow is wonderful! Can it be produced in medium and firm? Does the type of microfiber allow for medium/firm/extra firm pillows?
Overall, if you like a soft pillow, this one is heaven for the price of a Happy Meal!
I've yet to discover this 'smell issue', as my pillow seems right in line with any other brand new fabric that I've purchased. The case itself is soft enough to think it already has a cover on it, and over all the quality seems above average, but unfortunately it can only be spot cleaned as opposed to machine or dry cleaned. I think that for the price it's simply unbeatable and I highly recommend it as a secondary pillow. Primary pillow however I should shop around for something more supportive, but the support issue may just my own preference. I didn't notice until today that there is a version of this pillow that has this same filling wrapped in a layer of memory foam... I suspect it would probably be a little better in regards to support.
Top reviews from other countries
The pillow that I received was about 1/4 the height of what you see in the pictures.
There was almost no filling inside, and what little filling was inside had two long hard lumps near the middle.
I bought the body pillow version of this and it was incredible. It was the reason why I tried to buy a queen sized, hoping for the same fluffiness, and cool temperatures.
What I got instead of some hard under filled lumpy piece of crap.