General Hospital: Night Shift: Season 1
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Whether you were a previous GH watcher or a new watcher all together, this series will leave you confused with its inconsistencies, bad editing, and lame writing. To be fair there were some highlights, but they didn't outweigh the bad.
- The non-chemistry filled "relationship" between Patrick and nurse Leyla, played by an actress with the screen presence and acting ability of a paper bag.
- The lack of screen time of the vixen you can't help but love, Maxie Jones (played brilliantly by Kristin Storms)
- The writing and editing.
- The lack of relationship development between Patrick and Robin.
- The confusing ending. Not worth it.
- The character destruction of Patrick Drake.
- Actresses like Minae Noji and Kent King who were given the chance to show what they were capable of.
- New finds like the charismatic and talented Dominic Rains.
- When they highlighted Billy Dee Williams in more than just mopping the floor.
- The acting from Kimberly McCullough. There is a reason this woman is a two time Emmy award winner.Read more ›
Too bad he and everyone else lied.
Instead, what the viewers got was complete character destruction and the assassination of the very couple used in the ads to draw the suckers...er, viewers...in. We had thirteen weeks of a show used to glorify the non-existent charisma of character Student Nurse Leyla Mir - a nurse whose only redeeming characteristic was looking as if she stepped out of an '80s beauty pageant - all while either killing pregnant women by neglect and managing to be rewarded for her screw ups, but I digress.
The viewers who were promised focus on the "Scrubs" (Patrick/Robin) relationship instead saw Patrick stripped of any tenderness, humor, and empathy - most especially apparent with the character of Robin - and turned into a jackass of monumental proportions. It is a testament of Jason Thompson's skill that Patrick and Robin are still root-for on GH, the main show, as had everyone seen this, I'm not so sure that would be the case. Thank God for his chemistry with Kimberly McCullough, which, naturally, made the lack of chemistry with Leyla that much more appalling. So, naturally, we had "Scrubs" break up and had the chemistry-free pairing of Patrick/Leyla dominate for about eight of the thirteen weeks. Never mind the pesky commercials promoting "Scrubs" up to the very end. Force feeding was the name of the game.Read more ›
The only bright spot in this horrible series is the ability of underused GH regulars Kimberly McCullough (Robin), Jason Thompson (Patrick), Kent King (Lainey) and newcomer Dominic Raines (Leo) to continue to deliver top notch acting despite the awful writing/scripts they are forced to draw from.
If you are thinking of buying this series to see Scrubs love scenes and growth of their relationship then save your money and watch the first 30 seconds of the first episode on You Tube because it's all downhill after that. If it were possible to give zero or negative stars on this review I would.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I loved it , this is a great show. I never ever watched GH, I was a Guiding Light fan.Published 14 months ago by Hayes Thomas
We haven't watched much of it but it wasn't quite what I was expecting.Published 14 months ago by J Jones
I loved it, its so funny and I am happy that I bought it makes me want to buy season 2.Published 17 months ago by shampreehilliard