|Item Weight||144 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||36 x 19.5 x 17 inches|
|Item model number||25200M1|
|Warranty Description||All products not covered by our lifetime warranty including products used in commercial, industrial and educational applications are warranted for a period of 2 years (24 months) from the date of purchase.|
General International 25-200M1 Variable Speed Maxi-Lathe VS +
|Price:||$890.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Stable cast-iron frame, head and tailstock for smooth vibration-free turning
- 3 variable speed ranges with quick change belt tension lever - 300-900, 600-1800 and 1200-3600-RPM
- Headstock pivots 360-degree with 180-degree positive stop for outboard turning
- Spindle thread 1-inch by 8 TPI
- Digital spindle speed display
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
General does not throw in a bunch of extras which would help some of us swallow the big price tag for a midi lathe but its got 2 great features, one that simply is not found in this class.
1.) Swivel head stock. If all you plan to do is turn small diameter objects (< 10") this is a waste. But if you want to go bigger, you can pull a spring-loaded pin on the front of the headstock and rotate it 90 or 180 degrees. Notice the motor is mounted to the headstock to allow for this and keeps the drive belt very short. In the 180 position, you can now go much bigger with whatever you want to turn. I didn't see this in any other lathes around same price point.
2.) The electronic display for variable speed is great. You still have to move the belt (which is pretty easy) to get into the desired speed "bin" but once there, the front knob works great to dial in exact RPM. Its great when applying a finish to pens as you can start at a low speed and then ramp up as the CA is setting to get more friction.
Should come with a work lamp or tool holder, nicer safety glasses, a face shield ...throw me a bone here. Something to make the ~ $700 easier to part with.Read more ›
- Live center tip was bent
- I can't get the hand wheel on the headstock centered
- The packaging was destroyed by the time it arrived, and it cracked the plastic electrical box on the back.
- Toolrest is too short, can be hard to slide to the side.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
A very nice lathe... I upgraded from a Jet Mini (1/2 hp) and this is more than one step up!! Love the variable speed, as it allows one to change on the fly for variations in the... Read morePublished 4 months ago by Dave Kolars
Bought used with 2 bed extensions and metal stand. Have had no issues. Love the thing! As far the banjo not tightening enough, there is a nut underneath that can be adjusted.Published 6 months ago by Michael A. Remillard