- Get free shipping on this itemFree Domestic Shipping All Orders also to APO/FPO offered by Action Gear. Here's how (restrictions apply). Here's how (restrictions apply)
General Imaging PJ205 ipico Handheld LED Personal Projector for Apple iPhone/iPod Touch - Retail Packaging - White
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Want this professionally installed?
- Have an expert setup your product at a time that works for you
- No hassles; No heavy lifting; No fumbling with tiny parts or complex instructions
- Your expert will ensure that your product is carefully inspected for safety
- Quality service by a handpicked local expert; Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Project images on to nearly any surface up to 50 feet
- Connect ipico to your Apple iPhone or iPod (Compatible Models: iPod Touch 4th Gen 8GB, 32GB, 64GB, iPod Touch 3rd Gen 32GB, 64GB, iPhone 4S 16GB, 32GB, iPhone 4 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, iPhone 3GS 8GB, 16GB, 32GB)
- 960 x 540 pixel resolution with 100:1 contrast ratio and 16:9 aspect ratio
- Operates for up to 90 minutes on a single charge
- 'Aiptek Viewer' This App should work with this device. By Aiptek International Inc.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Size (LWH): 4.44 inches, 1.89 inches, 0.67 inches
- Weight: 4.8 ounces
Compare to similar items
This item General Imaging PJ205 ipico Handheld LED Personal Projector for Apple iPhone/iPod Touch - Retail Packaging - White
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Action Gear||WEILIANTE Co.,Ltd.||DAEONgear||Amazon.com|
|Connectivity Technology||Smartphone & tablet||usb, hdmi||HDMI (Male x 1, Female x 1)||HDMI|
|Brightness||2,200||—||100 lumen||25 lumens|
|Item Dimensions||1.89 x 4.44 x 0.67 in||7.1 x 3.3 x 7.8 in||4.9 x 2.8 x 8.4 in||2.36 x 4.25 x 0.7 in|
|Item Weight||4.8 ounces||1.25 lbs||—||0.6 lb|
|Resolution||—||1080p Supported||480i||Maximum 1080p|
Project your world to the world. Say Hello to ipico, the revolutionary portable, hand-held projector that turns your iPhone or iPod Touch into a genuinely social media tool. Project larger than life images on nearly any surface up to 50-Inch. Go ahead, be a big show off, it's never been easier to share! Simply easy and fun to use: connect your device to the slide-out ipico connector, point and focus on virtually any surface and start sharing your photos and videos with everyone. Specifications include: FLCOS (Ferroelectric Liquid Crystal on Silicon) Projector type, LED Lamp, RGB Color, 5-Inch to 50-Inch image size (diagonally measured), approximately 6.5-Inch-5.5 feet throw distance, 960 x 540 pixel resolution, 100:1 contrast ratio, 16:9 aspect ratio, manual focus, Apple device playback (analog) audo compatibility, two connectors: Apple (30 pin) and Micro-USB (5 pin), built-in rechargeable Li-polymer battery, up to 90 mins playback time per charge. Package contents: ipico personal projector, micro-USB cable, user's manual. Compatible with the following Apple models: iPod Touch 4th Gen (8GB, 32GB, 64GB), iPod Touch 3rd Gen (32GB, 64GB), iPhone 4S (16GB, 32GB), iPhone 4 (8GB, 16GB, 32GB), iPhone 3GS (8GB, 16GB, 32GB). Download the iPico App from the Apple App Store to view and project your photos, use your camera to magnify and project what you focus on, and access your favorite websites, YouTube Videos and Facebook.
Say hello to ipico--a sleek hand-held projector that turns your iPod touch or iPhone into a genuinely social media tool. The affordably-priced ipico allows you to easily share videos, photos, and movies in real-time and project them larger than life on virtually any surface.
Portable enough to take anywhere, ipico weighs only 3.6 ounces. At just over half an inch thick, the ipico's pop-up connector fits flush into the unit when not in use, and easily fits inside a pocket or bag. The ipico hand-held projector delivers bright, colorful images in qHD resolution and in most cases does not require removing the protective case from your device.
It's Easy to Share Your Digital Life
ipico makes it incredibly easy to share favorite moments, from photos and videos, to movies and YouTube while on the go. No cables are needed--simply pop up the built-in connector on the ipico, slide your device into it and focus on virtually any surface. Instantly project your world to the world. Gone are the days of friends and family crowding around a small 3" screen--the ipico was designed to let you share your favorite moments anywhere you go and projects an image up to 50" diagonal, optimally in a dimly lit room.
The ipico's built-in connector allows for easy connection to your iPod touch or iPhone without any cables or additional accessories.
iPhone 3GS Support
ipico will work with older 3GS iPhones as well as new 4G and 4GS iPhones. Compatible models are: iPod touch 4G: 8GB, 32GB, 64GB, iPod touch 3G: 32GB, 64GB, iPhone 4S: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, iPhone 4: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB, iPhone 3GS: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB.
In a dimly lit or dark room, the ipico screen can project up to 50" diagonal. Pair it with wireless, Bluetooth speakers and you have your own home theater practically anywhere.
The ipico hand-held projector is air-cooled for the best user experience. No noisy fans to distract from watching videos and movies at your leisure.
Ambient Light Sensor
An auto adjusting sensor allows for the best color settings in all environments.
The ipico's FLCoS display technology shows your movies and photos in 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratios, with a qHD resolution of 960x540. This gives you clear, crisp images to share your memories on the go.
Start Using in 3 Easy Steps
The ipico is very easy to use to share your device's screen with friends, family, or coworkers. First, connect your device to the slide-out ipico connector. Next, point and focus the ipico towards any surface. Then simply start sharing your photos and videos with everyone, with an image of up to 50". It's that easy.
About General Imaging
Combining technology and unmatched value, General Imaging brings innovative, quality products to market that are highly affordable and easy to use. General Imaging is the worldwide exclusive licensee for GE digital cameras, the fastest growing mid-tier camera brand according to GAP Intelligence 2011. Since unveiling its first cameras in 2007, the company has extended its expertise to additional digital imaging markets, including the ipico hand-held projector. General Imaging is headquartered in Los Angeles with offices in Tokyo, Hong Kong, London, Germany and Latin America. For more information about General Imaging products, please visit www.beabigshowoff.com.
iPod and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Read about our customers' top-rated projectors on our Projector Reviews page.
Top Customer Reviews
i am trying to request support with out answer so far.
if is not a possible solution to use this device i demand return my money back.
-Small and sleek, fits in your hand or pocket and can be taken anywhere
-Projects upto 40-50 inches on any surface like walls, ceilings, or just about any light smooth surface
-Watch slideshows of your Photos from the Photo app by just starting the slideshow (tap on any picture and then on the slide show option that comes up in the bottom band. Or you can watch videos stored in Photo app or your video app.
-Easy simple controls, just switch on, plug into your iPhone 4 or 4S - a home screen pops up which changes to your slideshow/video as soon as you start it on your phone
-Easy to make videos of events on your iPhone and then plug phone into the Ipico and start watching - fun to take to parties, camping (project on a white bed sheet), or vacations.
- Supposed to work with some YouTube content but takes a workaround to get going. I could never start YouTube videos with the new iOS6 update. Called customer service, made me hold for over an hour and then told me it should work. Well it did not. But I found if I go to Facebook and then click on any video that links to Youtube it worked and then I could maximize it and then keep running it through Facebook by searching or using my favorites within that window. If anyone has a better solution please leave a comment.
-Does not work with new iPhone 5, may be possible with forthcoming 30 pin to lightning adapter
-Does NOT work with copyrighted content apps like Netflix, HBO to Go, VEVO, Crackle, Hulu or similar apps. It is supposed to work with Youtube non-copyrighted content as per their customer service but that's not always the case.
-Skimpy one sheet manual does not offer any help on how to troubleshoot videos that won't start, customer service is very unhelpful if you can get through to them
-No cooling fan in the unit, can get really hot if run for longer than 1 hour. Also heats up your phone, which may be bad for the phone over the longer term.
- Projected image - Clarity is good not great - you will have to fiddle with the slider to sharpen the image.
-Brightness is just medium so you will need a pretty dark "all lights off" room to view videos or slideshows.
-Battery charge lasts 1-1.5 hours, not really made for heavy movie watching
Overall a fun product for the price with some fun possibilities but frustrating to use as it plays limited content and is meant for mostly home videos and your pictures.
1. Charge the device right out of the box.
2. Connect it to an iPhone or iPod Touch.
3. Slide the left button to focus on a nearby wall.
4. Open the Photos App, tap on any photo and start the slideshow.
5. Slideshow will be projected on the wall.
This device CANNOT do any of the following things, which one needs on a more frequent basis in real life:
1. Project images/videos directly on wall, while allowing a person to swipe manually.
2. Project images/videos from any photo app other than the native Photos.
3. Show the iPhone screen or any other on wall.
4. Project documents or PowerPoint slides.
5. Project anything else except photos/videos.
So, the company expects customers to spend around one hundred twenty to one hundred thirty dollars for just one feature?
What were their product managers thinking when they decided to make such a device?
It seems like none of the involved people have ever used an iPhone!
To summarize, this product provides a very low value for the money you will spend and will not give you an ability to project anything from your iPhone except images/videos in the Photos App. For such a limited functionality this device must be priced around a third of what it is now.
Here's the email that I got from GIC:
Thank you for choosing to purchase a General Imaging product.
In reference to your e-mail, we have been experiencing technical difficulties with the Ipico App. As soon as our technicians have resolved the problem I will email you when the App is back online. Otherwise, you can still use your projector to view the pictures but you can only do as a slide show and you can also view the videos that you have captured with the Iphone or Ipod.
My apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.
Customer satisfaction is of the utmost importance at General Imaging. Coupled with our line of quality products, we intend on making our customers' experience with our products most enjoyable and satisfactory.
Customer Service Support
General Imaging Company