Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on August 20, 2016
When I received these I was dumbstruck by the POOR QUALITY. most of the files were deformed in shape and missing cutting surface on many faces and the cuts that were there were uneven. Sorry, but General Tool, you should be ashamed to put your name on these, oh wait, you didn't only on the box with MADE IN CHINA. JUNK!

I wonder if Nicholson Files are still good quality. Sad that today it's almost impossible to purchase a good set of needle files for under $150. And even at that price, I wonder what I'll get. If you have old tools, hang on to them!!
on June 20, 2016
Typical Chinese made files you see sold everywhere.I have not done any hardness testing on them yet, so I will update this review after I put them to actual use. I am actually disappointed that General tools would put their name on imported tools like this one, but that is just me.
on April 22, 2018
I'm a locksmith and needed a fine file. These are excellent quality. The cut is such that you should only be filing in One direction. They are super sharp and by varying pressure you can get a fairly smooth finish, or cut quickly. They are not meant to be treated roughly, but for their use perfectly. If you're looking for a sharp file that doesn't leave a rough cut, these are perfect. If came with a nice hard case too. I don't understand the negative reviews other than most people don't know how to actually use a file correctly.
on May 29, 2012
This set was selected to replace my old needle file set. The item was chosen due to price and configuration. The 3 file styles cover the majority of any small jobs at hand. Regular steel design was preferred over the diamond needle files. I have found that diamond files do not last quite as long as old fashioned steel. Diamond is for more specialized jobs and they are the best for glass and soft metals. My selection was based on fine work on hard metals.
The package of needle files I selected is just what I was looking for. The files are a little larger than my old set. I have been trying them out on some small jobs and they perform well to my expectations.
The files arrived in a factory package. Since the files are loose, for now I will rely on the flimsy plastic holder from the package. I have an M&Ms plastic tube that should fit this set for permanent stowage, if not this perhaps a toothbrush case.
So if you are looking for a simple needle file set. And your requirements do not include working with glass and precious metals. This is the set for you.
One person found this helpful
on January 1, 2017
I purchased these files for jewelry making and they are not a good choice for that purpose. They are very course and not of a very good quality. I expected a better product.
2 people found this helpful
on March 21, 2015
The handle and the case are great. The file on the other hand are not so. Very poor quality files. Most of them are uneven. The 2 different style round files are identical. My old $5 6 piece set is much better and I notice I use the handle with my old file much more than these.
3 people found this helpful
on March 22, 2013
Great seller and purchase overall. These are very handy; I normally only use them on steel so I can't say how they would work on other hard surfaces. They have very fine file lines and have worked well, if you want to take off more steel/material at a time, you may want to look at a more coarse file set or it'll take just a bit longer. Otherwise, I'm happy with them and again they are fine cut and fantastic for delicate removal & shaping of steel.
on August 14, 2017
Great files, very well made and easy to use. Easy to install in the provided handle.

This is a great set of files for use in many different uses. I use mine for gunsmithing and some other odd jobs around the house.

They make a good smooth cut, very consistent and easy to handle.
on August 22, 2015
I'm giving one star because they arrived quickly and I'll be sending them back quickly.They are of such poor quality that they are unusable.
on April 5, 2018
These are CHINESE, and not very well made. The patterns vary in depth and tooth size (unintentionally) and the profiles of the oval files are unintentionally inconsistent and not cut with teeth in some areas.