- Soft white LED light that is shock resistant, easy on battery life, and should never need a replacement
- Very solid nice quality otoscope that offers real value
- Includes weblink with 30 high resolution photos of eardrum pathology along with use instructions written by an ER physician with many years experience looking into ears.
- Uses standard disposable specula including Welch Allyn type which are the most common found in clinics and hospitals. Comes complete with both a large and small size for use in adults and children. Large round optical quality scratch resistant GLASS lens that gives a crystal clear look inside the ear. Simply unscrew the otoscope head to use as a very bright throat illuminator or all-purpose penlight
- Completely sealed system and a female insufflator outlet for use with a male insufflator bulb. Welch Allyn insufflator bulb will work perfectly
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4th Generation Dr Mom LED POCKET Otoscope and both Adult and Pediatric Disposable Specula Tips and Case.
|Price:||$39.92 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$60.00 (60%)|
Specifications for this item
|Brand Name||Dr Mom Otoscopes|
|EAN||0892856002969 , 0885368242077 , 0772195199714 , 0767644628662|
|Model Number||Pocket Pro Otoscope|
|Number of Items||1|
|UPC||885368242077 , 772195199714 , 892856002969 , 767644628662|
|Warranty Description||90 Day Woot Limited Warranty|
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Be Fully Prepared for Your Kids’ Ear Emergencies with the Fourth Generation Dr Mom LED Otoscope! Not All Otoscopes Are Created Equal - Be Sure to Choose Wisely! Stop wasting tons of money on unreliable otoscopes that either don’t work or are difficult to use. Designed by an experienced ER physician, the Fourth Generation Doctor Mom LED Otoscope is our latest model that combines superior quality, functionality and an attractive price. Extremely durable and specifically designed with a short bulky size that is easy to control in your hand and comfortable to use even on children who don’t stay still, this otoscope kit comes complete with both Adult and Pediatric size disposable specula and a high quality optical lens, offering a crystal clear view of the tympanic membrane. Specula Sizes: 4.75mm for adults and 2.75mm for children and infants. Inside the package you will also find a weblink with 30, high resolution eardrum photos of healthy and diseased eardrums, as well as an instructional sheet describing how to properly use your otoscope for best viewing results. Get It with Confidence! Being so sure about the top quality and excellent performance of our otoscope, we are able to offer you a 30 day money back guarantee, and we will always stand behind our products no matter how long you may own it! With nothing to lose, order your otoscope today! Click “Add to Cart” Now, While Supplies Last! Disposable Specula are available on Amazon for this otoscope.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Other reviewers noticed the same blue LED tint, for example the previous review here from Kenneth S. Raper, MD where he writes "Also the LED is blue-ish instead of white. Very much like the first generation of 'white' LED string Christmas lights that had a blue tint. This makes eardrums and mucous membranes look odd. It makes it difficult to tell how red a throat is, or if an eardrum is a little red or not. Normal pink mucosa (in a blue-ish light) has a slight purple-ish hue. This is really the only disappointment with the product, but it is significant. I expected a white light."
I wanted to like this product because the price is good, but I'm returning this for a different brand with a halogen bulb for more accurate color.
The product package says "Designed in Texas and manufactured exclusively for Innovative Innovations Inc. in China."
Update: after I posted this review, the manufacturer posted messages trying to attack me on a personal level simply because I didn't like the blue LED. Then I went through other 1, 2, star reviews and found the same rude behavior from the manufacturer in the follow-up comments to legitimate reviews from doctors and nurses. A quick web search reveals that this company has highly aggressive marketing tactics for low quality Chinese medical knockoffs, with an F rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Some useful information on the Amazon Customer Discussion forums:
- "Always read the negative reviews. Many fraudsters will post hundreds of positive reviews, but the truth can be hidden in that one genuine negative review thread."
- "Always check the time frame of the reviews. Were the majority of positive reviews written over the course of a very short period of time? This is a red flag."
- "Compare the number of reviews with similar, well-known products. If, for example, an unknown company is selling vitamins with more reviews than Centrum or One-a-Day, this is certainly a red flag."
PS: I feel like I may have been too harsh on the 2 stars so Im upgrading it to 3 stars for value alone. As for the actual purpose of its use, its still not upto par.