Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Generic® Pen Camera DVR Audio Video MINI Hidden Camera Recorder 1280*960 Silver
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports STEM

on October 19, 2014
a $17.00 item ripped my $30.00 MicroSD card in half (first time use). Half of the card is with me. half is in the socket. i cant figure out how to pull it out. from the pen. return with a heavy hearth.
review image
on November 30, 2014
Revised review.
It worked fine the first day.
When i tried to use it again the video looked like it was through a kaleidoscope.
The audio was just a hissing noise.
I set the time and date according to the instructions but it would not keep.
It says it can be used as a webcam when connected to the computer but did not work for me.

***** Original review *****

I just got it and did a few test pictures they seem ok.
It would be nice if there was a way to change the video resolution to the 1280x960 by default.
To set the time you have to make a test file called time and place it on the SD card.
You have to enter it in yyyy.mm.dd hh.mm.ss you can also put a Y at the end to place the time on the video and pictures, if you don't want this then put a N after the time.
on January 15, 2015
I had a small problem with this pen but there customer service is great .and they took care of my problem
I will buy from them again....

Those of you that are having problems this is how my pen works,
press and hold 4 seconds release the button then quickly press it again for 2 seconds the green light will flash 3 times slowly you are now recording video
on June 24, 2015
First off, don't bother with the instructions it gives you. It gives you some poorly translated english, with no instructions whatsoever. After a few minutes of playing around, I've figured out how to get it to work.

So to enter camera mode from the off position, you hold the top button until you see the green indicator, then you are in the camera mode. Simply press the button once to take a picture. Now, to get to video mode from camera mode, you just hold the button until the green LED flashes 3 times. Then video is automatically being recorded when the light dies out. And when you are done recording, hold the button until it blinks red. That means the device is off. Unfortunately, when you cycle through the modes, it will automatically capture 1mb worth of video every time you pass by.

Pros:
-Small
-Looks like a pen
-Cheap
-Works like it's supposed to

Cons:
-Image quality sucks
-Mic doesn't pick up good audio, (clips very easily)
-Poor instructions
on September 25, 2014
Instructions translated from Chinese are hard to understand. Charged it up fully, turned it on, took pictures. Would not go into video mode. Would not turn off, cannot reset it through reset hole. Does nothing now except light up. Identified by computer as "defective device". No Warranty information. Total waste of money. The pen write well.
on January 28, 2016
never worked out of the box. unit is fully charged and when connected to the computer the message says that I must format the unit to use it, so I try to do that and get the message that there is no hard drive or memory at the device selected. I have tried three different mem. cards to see if maby that was the issue. the I tried to reset the unit as per instructions on u-tube, with no effect. Now to be fair I have not contacted the seller con cerning this issue ,but don't know what could be done. guess "I got a warped one" HaHa.
on September 25, 2014
Poor quality and does not work!!!!! I suggest everyone to never order from this seller.....and also expect to wait a month and a half for a piece of junk cause its flyin out all the way from singapore....
on March 6, 2016
I am a little disappointed in this purchase. As far as being able to pass as a simple pen I guess i would give it a 6 or 7 out of 10. It fooled everyone I put it in front of until they picked it up. At that point everyone thought it was a broken shocking pen. No one ever guessed hidden camera so thats a plus but they knew something wasn't right. My next issue is that the product comes with no instructions whatsoever. I was able to get answers after digging around on here but considering the nature of the product i was really disappointed. Finally, picture quality is... meh. I am not sure what the megapixel rating is and really that is all I am familiar with. This 1280*960 is foreign to me. If I counted that issue I would give them a 1 star but I really have no way of knowing if it is a misrepresentation so I choose to not count it as that is my fail. What did I expect purchasing such a cheap item though... I would not buy this product again.
on September 24, 2015
How it works:
First buy a 32 Gb micro sandisk so you can record videos
to turn it on just hold it until it turns green .thats picture mode
hold it again and it will blink green three times now you're in video mode
hold it again to turn it off

But first you gotta buy the Micro Sandisk,
on October 16, 2014
The camera was ok, the microphone was horrible. I had used another one before (I wear them when performing weddings as a keepsake for the couple) which worked much better.