Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 10, 2013
I wrote the review below based on an adapter based on a picture sent to me by Amazon. However Amazon posted the review for a different adapter. I have and like both adapters but the adapter that is for sale where this review is posted will NOT fit into recessed 240v outlets.

This adapter is nice because it is a grounded adapter. It also is built to that it will fit inside of recessed outlets, and you find those on occasion in Europe. You should have adapters with you that only have 2 prongs also since a fair number of outlets in Europe are old and do not have the ground. Most of the 2 prong adapters I have seen will fit inside of recessed outlets.

Note that if you need to run 120 v equipment you will need a transformer. Fortunately many electronics will work with either 120bv or 240v equipment so there is less need for a transformer than one might think.

I usually carry a transformer and 4 or 5 adapters when I go to Europe.
VINE VOICEon September 4, 2014
Just returned from Italy, and this was the easiest to carry along on my person, in case I needed to give a gadget a quick charge. I didn't try to use it to charge my laptop -- as has been noted in various reviews of power adapters on Amazon.com.

I'd say that about 1/3 of the upscale hotels we used on this trip had US-ready adapters, but the rest didn't, and it would be unusual to expect smaller establishments to provide in-wall "adapters."

The five star rating is due to price performance -- not because it does anything earthshakingly lovable.
on July 15, 2017
No problems using this in Italy for charging phones and tablets. Did not use it for any other purpose. Might be nice if it had a USB socket, but it worked fine.
on June 18, 2017
worked perfectly in Italy. Was able to charde my laptop and devices with no problem.
on June 24, 2015
I bought 2 of these for our 3 week Italy trip. I got 2 because some reviews stated they would get hot and quit working so I wanted to make certain I was able to charge my phone and camera batteries. These worked great and never felt hot. I also loaned one to someone in our travel group to use so glad I got 2. The reviews said you could NOT use a blow dryer with these so I didn't even bring my blow dryer and just used what the hotels has to offer to dry my hair. I needed the extra space in my suitcase anyway. Delivery was quick and they were in great conditions.
on July 28, 2017
This was a lifesaver! All of the outlets in the part of Italy we visited were 3-prongs, and, contrary to what I had read, the 2-prong plugs would not fit the outside 2 prongs on the outlet. Had we not had the two plugs we purchased before our trip, we would not have been able to charge our phones or our camera battery during our stay. Definitely a great purchase!
on August 16, 2016
I've tried these grounded adapters before, overseas. They didn't work then and they don't work, now.
on August 14, 2017
Took it to Italy and it works.
on January 15, 2012
I work in the US but live in Italy (sono Italiano), I would go with the two prong adapter rather than the three prong any day. No need for the "grounded" middle prong unless you want to hit your head against a wall when you find out that the place where you had in mind to charge your electronic toy will only accept the two prong! In short..with a two prong adapter..you will NEVER run into any problem..with this three prong...you better cross your fingers..dont say I didnt warn you guys. Also find the cheapest two prong adapter out there! There are plenty for around 1 dollar..remember..this will not work as a transformer!! Make sure you read the power voltage label that is on your device..in Italy the power is 220v in the US its 110v so if the U.S. device you plan on bringing to Italy is also good for 220v then a two prong adapter is all you need to bring to Italy. I would buy more than one just to stay on the safe side just in case you lose one. They also sell them in Italy but only at certain electronic shops that are mom and pop owened and you would need to drive around for ever to find that place that carries them. Otherwise you can purchase an adapter at any airport..only thing is that you will end up spending 20 dollars for one if you choose to go that route and like I said before a 10 cent adapter is all you really need.
22 comments| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 15, 2017
just as described and quick delivery.