nav_sap_plcc_acash Libros en Español Amazon Music Unlimited Grocery Makita GNO Shop now

on November 12, 2012
The imagery for the mug does not show how small it is. For a full-grown man, it is easy to wrap your hand almost entirely around it.

I originally bought this for my fiancee, as she is a coffee lover; never goes a morning without. We own a variety of mugs, but she had mentioned that her basic mug (a gift from a friend who visited Vegas) was about a year old and she wanted to switch it up. I casually showed her this one, she got excited and I ordered it.
While we knew her current mug was larger than most, we can fill it with the coffee from TWO of this mug. This mug barely fills your standard mug over 2/3 full as well, and I felt others needed to be aware of this.

However, size aside, the mug is exactly as picture and behaves exactly the same. Originally it wouldn't fade completely to white, but after dipping it in a pot of boiling water and letting it cool (a few times), the pigment began to behave as expected. My fiancee still uses her old mug in the morning, but found that the size of this was helpful in not wasting coffee as she drank either around lunch or in the evening.

It would be helpful if they had a picture of this mug next to your standard mug, or possibly a soda can, to demonstrate the size difference. I may upload pictures later today if I can find the time.
427 people found this helpful
|88 comments|Report abuse
on December 20, 2014
I'm kinda pissed. I bought the cute mug in the photo but relieved a completely different mug. Unfortunately I did not realize it was not the mug I ordered until it was opened by a friend- it was a gift for her. I probably would have loved it IF IT WERE THE ONE I ORDERED. So my advice is open and check it before you wrap it and give it to a friend. The packaging did not have any pictures or description either so you have open it. The photo explains exactly how I feel.
18 people found this helpful
on September 9, 2013
 the sleepy face never disappears! I didn't read the comments before I purchased since it was only $5.. my bad.
387 people found this helpful
|77 comments|Report abuse
on October 11, 2014
I bought this as a gift. I'm glad I was able to test it out before sending it off to a family member. The photos are misleading. I attached a photo of the actual result. Save your money by not buying this. Would give 0 stars if it was an option
49 people found this helpful
on May 25, 2015
Ok here's what you need to know. In order for the mug to change color, the temperature of the liquid NEEDS to be hotter than 70°C (158°F)! In other words, it needs to be at boiling temperature and depending on what altitude or elevation you live at (sea level/mountain) will determine how hot you need to boil your water.

Ok, enough science stuff. Personally, I like the mug. I've never seen one that changes color until now. True, you can still see the "sleepy face" afterwards, but the company that made it did their best to make it blend in. You decide, see the photo attached to this review.
5 people found this helpful
on January 18, 2018
It arrived as one of a few items in a larger box. But, the mug box itself was not the right size for the mug, leaving it open. It was dirty and scraped looking.
Even beyond the poor packaging, it's not cute as pictured. It looks really, really cheap. It looks like something you'd pick up at a Dollar Store. It doesn't look like something you'd want to put anything you'd want to consume inside.
It's a cute idea. I'm disappointed that it was such poor quality I couldn't include it in the coffee-themed gift package I was making.
on January 5, 2015
Product arrived on 01/05/2015 after I was told it would be here on December 19. It came broken and I cannot give as a gift. I rubbed my finger over the rough edge and it sliced the skin right off my finger. I cannot give this as a gift... One who wants a broken mug, two the hot water would make the crack worse and three she would cut her mouth..
6 people found this helpful
on January 28, 2015
Understood not totally turn color but fun mug......Gave it to granddaughter for wake up morning coffee...
received morning mug

Thought I may had received a different mug but very happy with one I ordered and received

Took while to received it and it was shipped long way Easy to track

review imagereview image
6 people found this helpful
on April 2, 2016
The mug does work as described, you just have to use very very hot water. I've been able to adequately great water in the microwave (in a different cup, as I'm afraid of damaging the color-changing layer), to make the outside change colors completely. I'm confident I could make the entire strip change white if I filled the cup all the way full, but that is not very safe and the effect is shown almost as well without filling out ask the way. The part that I am most worried about is that when the cup is hot, the lining on the outside gets very soft. So soft, in fact, that I would easily be able to accidentally scratch off pieces of the layer with my nail if I want paying attention to how I was holding the mug. The mug turns black again once you put your hands around it for a few seconds. Overall, it's a very unique mug that is interesting enough, but easily disfigured.
review imagereview image
on October 9, 2015
PROS
- Great looking unique mug, that puts a smile on your face every time you use it
- I use it for tea, and the color change works just fine.
- Customer Service is great - and they responded to me within 24hours.

CONS
- There are 2 displayed pics, one looks like it is photoshopped, as the hot is perfectly white. In reality, when hot water is added, you can still faintly see the lashes and the open mouth - yet in all fairness there is a second picture that is very accurate.
- DO NOT PUT IN DISHWASHER. We accidentally did and it has ruined the top of the mug, and the sticker sheet is now very ragged. I will try and cut it back to a circular shape, yet it may be ruined. To be fair to the supplier, they do mention this in the product description - yet it would be good to say so in the top description and ideally on the mug itself.

Summary
If you want a decently priced mug to put a smile on your face every morning... this is it!