Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

Morning Mug (1)
Package Quantity: 1|Color: 1pc|Change

on November 12, 2012
The imagery for the mug does not show how small it is. For a full-grown man, it is easy to wrap your hand almost entirely around it.

I originally bought this for my fiancee, as she is a coffee lover; never goes a morning without. We own a variety of mugs, but she had mentioned that her basic mug (a gift from a friend who visited Vegas) was about a year old and she wanted to switch it up. I casually showed her this one, she got excited and I ordered it.
While we knew her current mug was larger than most, we can fill it with the coffee from TWO of this mug. This mug barely fills your standard mug over 2/3 full as well, and I felt others needed to be aware of this.

However, size aside, the mug is exactly as picture and behaves exactly the same. Originally it wouldn't fade completely to white, but after dipping it in a pot of boiling water and letting it cool (a few times), the pigment began to behave as expected. My fiancee still uses her old mug in the morning, but found that the size of this was helpful in not wasting coffee as she drank either around lunch or in the evening.

It would be helpful if they had a picture of this mug next to your standard mug, or possibly a soda can, to demonstrate the size difference. I may upload pictures later today if I can find the time.
88 comments| 427 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 11, 2014
I bought this as a gift. I'm glad I was able to test it out before sending it off to a family member. The photos are misleading. I attached a photo of the actual result. Save your money by not buying this. Would give 0 stars if it was an option
review image
0Comment| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 9, 2013
the sleepy face never disappears! I didn't read the comments before I purchased since it was only $5.. my bad.
77 comments| 386 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 9, 2013
I thought this mug was the best thing and used it several times a week, only hand-washing it. Unfortunately, the graphic on the mug is merely a decal. It ended up peeling off of the mug after about 3 weeks and now it's just a plain, boring white mug. It still serves its purpose of holding my coffee, but it's far less entertaining than it once was. Don't bother purchasing it.
11 comment| 96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 25, 2015
Ok here's what you need to know. In order for the mug to change color, the temperature of the liquid NEEDS to be hotter than 70°C (158°F)! In other words, it needs to be at boiling temperature and depending on what altitude or elevation you live at (sea level/mountain) will determine how hot you need to boil your water.

Ok, enough science stuff. Personally, I like the mug. I've never seen one that changes color until now. True, you can still see the "sleepy face" afterwards, but the company that made it did their best to make it blend in. You decide, see the photo attached to this review.
on March 5, 2014
Good but does not completely disappear Details faces a cool trophy after the hottest eyes and mouth but is generally good
on April 25, 2013
I am very disappointed. It doesnt change all the way to the wake up face when it has coffee in it. Even when it had coffee in it the top and bottom had a thin stripe of black still on it. then you can still see the sleepy face. very disappointing
on January 18, 2018
It arrived as one of a few items in a larger box. But, the mug box itself was not the right size for the mug, leaving it open. It was dirty and scraped looking.
Even beyond the poor packaging, it's not cute as pictured. It looks really, really cheap. It looks like something you'd pick up at a Dollar Store. It doesn't look like something you'd want to put anything you'd want to consume inside.
It's a cute idea. I'm disappointed that it was such poor quality I couldn't include it in the coffee-themed gift package I was making.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 5, 2015
Product arrived on 01/05/2015 after I was told it would be here on December 19. It came broken and I cannot give as a gift. I rubbed my finger over the rough edge and it sliced the skin right off my finger. I cannot give this as a gift... One who wants a broken mug, two the hot water would make the crack worse and three she would cut her mouth..
on January 28, 2015
Understood not totally turn color but fun mug......Gave it to granddaughter for wake up morning coffee...
received morning mug

Thought I may had received a different mug but very happy with one I ordered and received

Took while to received it and it was shipped long way Easy to track

review imagereview image