Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Generic Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver Black
|Price:||$12.16 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Will work with future Xbox 360 Wireless Accessories
- Provides up to a 30-foot range for complete wireless freedom
- Use up to four Wireless Controllers and four Wireless Headsets simultaneously with one Wireless Gaming Receiver
- Easily integrates with PC gaming scenarios and utilizes the same binding technology as Xbox 360
- Provides a great value by eliminating the need for additional accessories for Windows-based gaming at an attractive price point
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
If the little light comes on when you plug it in it'll work. Here's how. (win7)
Right click on Computer
Go to Properties
Click on Device Manager
Right click on the Unidentified Device
Go to Properties
Go to the Drive tab
Click on Update Driver...
Browse my computer for driver software
Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
Microsoft Common Controller for Window Class
Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows
Update Driver Warning
The vendors are obviously taking apart and RESELLING the wireless controllers for windows (which come with a controller and a adapter):
Oddly - its only 5 dollars more. Thats what i call profit.
Dont be like me, do your research, buy the original packaging with the controller included from amazon, especially if the cost difference is minimal.
I received the item pictured (which says X360 on the receiver). I knew this getting into it but didn't really mind it wasn't official since many reviewers stated that it does indeed work... Which it does.
HOWEVER, one thing I must point out is that the drivers on the mini-cd they send you WILL NOT install on Windows 7. An error message comes up stating that "Windows will not allow the drivers to be installed. Installation of the specified drivers could cause your computer to boot up improperly..." or something to that effect I cannot remember exactly.
If you are computer literate then there is a simple work around: Just visit the Microsoft support web-site and download/install the drivers for the official adapter. It is under game controllers etc. This will work and has allowed me to use the controller for various games in which the controller was automatically recognized and required no configuration from my end (BF3, FIFA 12).
3/5 for inadequate driver support which most individuals would not be able to overcome.
1. There is one notable discrepency between the product I received and the one being pictured: it doesn't say Microsoft on the top, it says "Xbox 360." That's all fine and dandy, but I can't find any proof that this is, in fact, a Microsoft product by looking at stickers on the back of the product or any other piece.
2. There are generic drivers built into Windows 7 (not sure on Vista, most likely not in XP) for their receivers, in the event that you don't have internet connection (it's a offline/compatibility driver essentially, similar to the ones used for flash drives and other devices). You use this driver, but you have to do it manually because the computer doesn't recognize the device as an Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver. That being said, it does work with the generic drivers perfectly fine (and it comes with instructions on how to do it...printed out and cut with scissors) and it'll work with the updated drivers from [...] which includes a battery meter when you press the Xbox Guide button on your controller.
All in all, I can't knock it too much since it functions perfectly, but I'd like to know who made this for sure.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Total ripoff. Manually installed windows 10 xbox 360 drivers and still does not work. DO NOT BUYPublished 12 days ago by Cindi
Note drivers are not quite plug and play but instructions can easily be found onlinePublished 13 days ago by Mark Berger
I could not get the software to work on my PC. However I know it works. I just did not want to put the time in to get it to detect in windows. Read morePublished 20 days ago by Todd L Hutchinson
The device was marked as new but came with signs of wear. Like others have said, the CD included does not work. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Justin H
Absolute garbage of a product. I got it to work on Windows 8, but the signal fades in and out about every 20 seconds or so. Try something else.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer