- Paperback: 186 pages
- Publisher: Missional Press (October 5, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0982571941
- ISBN-13: 978-0982571941
- Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 0.4 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (2 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,968,424 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Generous Soul: An Introduction to Missional Giving Paperback – October 5, 2010
Top 20 lists in Books
View the top 20 best sellers of all time, the most reviewed books of all time and some of our editors' favorite picks. Learn more
Top Customer Reviews
Missional Giving is the financial strategy of the missionary manager, purposefully utilizing all the money and possessions God has entrusted to him or her according to His priorities and viewing all financial activity as integral with God's kingdom.
I think that definition is the best attempt I have seen at defining how a Christian should view his/her resources and their obligation to use their resources for the glory of God and advancement of his Kingdom. I cant even imagine what the world would look like if all Christians, if I, faithfully applied that definition to our lives.
Here are some brief thoughts on "The Generous Soul:"
1) The Generous Soul is the next needed step in the Missional Conversation. The Missional conversation has been active, productive, and pretty well rounded... Except for one category and that is how missional living affects how we reach into our pockets. Radical by David Platt is a good book to go to, but it doesn't really deal with our finances as directly as Marty does. I really have not seen a book like The Generous Soul. No one more clearly, directly, and faithfully applies living on mission with God to our finances like Marty does in this book. In my mind- to live a missional life means to apply the gospel to every area of our life- this includes our finances. For many of us, we are not exactly sure how to do that... This is where The Generous Soul is most beneficial. Marty does not give us "3 steps" to Missional Giving. Instead, he gets to the heart of the matter which is a matter of the heart when it comes to missional living- and giving. That leads to my second point...
2) This book is literally for everyone that follows Jesus.Read more ›