Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 9 reviews
on January 30, 2016
Beautifully written, with a seamless flow. Though I have read Genesis many times, this time brought more insight to me than all the other times combined. The humanity of those in the story became more apparent, more real for me. Very tastefully done. As I read, there came a time when I could not put the book down, I just wanted to keep reading.
on January 21, 2014
Stillman brings humor, humanness, and absurdity to the book of Genesis. If you're looking for an irreverent read from a reverent writer, you've come to the right book.
on October 11, 2013
Frankly I expected Genesis Deflowered to be quite appalling, definitely not the type of book I would be reaching on the shelf to read but a friend suggested I read it "through other eyes". To be honest I was quite surprised. The author doesn't disrespect the passages, but extends some assumptions and creativity. By no means should his change one's understanding, but it can lend to individuals who want to see those parts of Genesis a certain other way.

It was a good experience reading this book and it will be a great topic to share and discuss among friends. Go ahead and try reading Genesis Deflowered; I don't regret it at all.