Other Sellers on Amazon
Genesis Live 1973-2007 (8 CD/3 DVD)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Genesis Live 1973 - 2007 11 disc boxed set that includes:
Genesis Live, the band's first Top 10 album in the UK, recorded in Leicester and Manchester and issued in 1973, and featuring the classic line-up of Tony Banks (keyboards), Phil Collins (drums, vocals), Peter Gabriel (vocals, flute), Steve Hackett (guitars) and Mike Rutherford (bass, guitars). Genesis Live, for this box-set release, has been extended to feature five bonus tracks recorded at the Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles on January 24, 1975 and the full album is also presented in 5.1 for the first time. The double set Seconds Out, a Top 5 entry in 1977 that documented the group s Paris dates as a quartet with Collins on lead vocals following Gabriel's departure in 1975. The tour featured touring drummers Bill Bruford and Chester Thompson. Exclusive to this boxed set, Seconds Out is presented in stereo and 5.1 versions. Three Sides Live, a #2 album in the U.K. in 1982, mostly showcasing the Banks-Collins-Rutherford incarnation augmented by Thompson and guitarist Daryl Stuermer. The Way We Walk, finally sees these two live albums resequenced as per the original show's set list. Originally released separately and entitled Vol I: The Shorts, which made the Top 3 in Britain in 1992, and Vol 2: The Longs, this was the band s sixth # 1 album, and their only concert recording to top the charts in 1993. Recorded in London by the Banks-Collins-Gabriel-Hackett-Rutherford lineup, Live At The Rainbow 1973 expands on the live material first issued on the Archive 1967-1975 boxed set in 1998 and will delight die-hard fans of that period in their lengthy career. The concert from October 1973 features most of Selling England By The Pound at the time of its release, along with the conceptual piece 'Supper's Ready' and 'Watcher Of The Skies' from their breakthrough album Foxtrot, and 'The Musical Box' from Nursery Cryme, the last two titles on 5.1 version only. Genesis Live 1973 2007 has been designed to incorporate space for the most recent live Genesis release - the 2-CD set Live Over Europe 2007. All albums feature brand new stereo mixes created by Tony Banks, Nick Davis, and Mike Rutherford, while Genesis Live, Seconds Out and Live At The Rainbow 1973 all feature 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound versions.
Top Customer Reviews
"Genesis Live"---the band's only proper live album with Peter Gabriel, recorded in 1973, sounds great, but it now includes 5 bonus tracks from the 1975 "Lamb Lies Down On Broadway" show in Los Angeles, and they're not even in the correct order---"Back In NYC," "Fly On A Windshield," "Broadway Melody Of 1974," "Anyway," and "The Chamber Of 32 Doors." On the one hand, yes of course it's great to hear some live "Lamb" material in this box set, but why not give us the *whole* "Lamb" concert? In fact, why didn't they just expand "Genesis Live" into a double album so it's now the complete 1973 show (and not just five songs), and throw in the entire L.A. "Lamb" show as a bonus? That, I think, would have been the much better way to go. (At least the whole L.A. "Lamb" concert---more or less---is available on the "Genesis Archives Vol.Read more ›
- Having the 1973 Rainbow concert, especially in 5.1 is amazing. There's never really been a great live Peter-era album, and this is tremendous to have. Energy, humor, and great sound.
- Seconds Out sounds terrific. I never had a problem with this album, but it sounds even more clear and more "live" somehow. It feels like the older versions had you sitting in the nosebleeds, and now you're in row 10. Very well done
- All the stereo copies of the albums sound MUCH better than the stereo versions of the 1976-1982 especially. That set contains some of my favorite Genesis records, but they really killed those stereo mixes with a ton of compression. In these, sure there is probably some, but the music is still very dynamic.
- Having a cleaned up Genesis Live is awesome. I remember an old friend playing me this record on vinyl in the 8th grade, and it was so murky sounding to me that I just couldn't get into it. Now I can.
- I understand, in a way, the decision not to include the 5.1 mixes of Three Sides Live and The Way We Walk, but I'm still a little irked by it. I have no intention of ordering The Movie Box, because 1981 is just about the time in the band's history where I become much less interested. I really love all the 5.1 mixes, so I'm bothered that I can't get those last two live albums on DVD here.
- I'm not really sure how bad Peter's vocals on parts of Supper's Ready on the 73 Rainbow Show must have been, but to replace them with mid 90s gruff Peter Gabriel is a) apparent and b) hilarious.Read more ›
This set is awesome, easily my favorite of the four Genesis box set re-releases. Athough they could have been more extensive, the extras on this set are nice, particularly if you had been hoping for the eventual release of the classic 1973 Rainbow Theater show. But extras are not the reason to buy this set, glorious sound quality is! All four of the major albums are transformed, with improvements being more significant with the older albums. Genesis Live, for example, has gone from muddy and over-processed, to a dynamic, crystal-clear record that captures the power and brilliance of the early days of the band. The 2-channel versions are very nice, but if you have the gear, the 5.1 channel alternatives are amazing. My only sore point with this set is that Three Sides Live is not offered here in surround.
There is an empty slot for Live Over Europe, as the view was that most fans would have recently bought it and should not be asked to so again since it had not been remixed or remastered.
This is a great set!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
OK, first of all: many of the negative reviews here can be summed up as "I did not read the description carefully and thus I'm mad that the DVDs have only 5. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Exwag
very upset at the lack of detail explaining that the 3 dvd's in this collection are simply still photo's accompanied by the audio portion. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Product did NOT represent at all what seemed described in the product description. On the "DVD" disk there is only music with a single static image not live show footage. Read morePublished 18 months ago by chris
One of my all time favorite bands and now I have a better collection of their great live showsPublished 23 months ago by donald johnson
excellent, the sound 5.1 is perfect, a very good productPublished on May 16, 2014 by Dominique Bigeard
Awesome CD couldn't be happier , very well done recording and exceeded my expectations and would recommend this to any Genesis fan old or newPublished on February 23, 2014 by Daniel Sperry
It is unforgivable to have all fake DVD's in the box set. Not to mention the empty slot for the "Live Over Europe 2007". I felt cheated.Published on November 16, 2013 by MAuricio Velloso
One question. Where are the live concert videos? When you advertise a box set that includes 3 DVDs most people would assume that meant live concert videos. What a rip-off. Read morePublished on August 10, 2013 by Yes Fan
This was bought as a christmas present for my brother inlaw by on request of my sister.
She asked me to order it late and I told her that most likely it would not be... Read more