2 Year Asurion Portable Electronics Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to drops, spills and cracked screens and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
BTECH PC03 FTDI Genuine USB Programming Cable for BTECH, BaoFeng, Kenwood, and AnyTone Radio
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Genuine FTDI USB Programming Cable (Only Sold by BaoFengTech - insure BaoFengTech is your selected distributor to guarantee accuracy in receiving what is described)
- No Driver Issues - No old drivers needed - Plug and Play
- Unlike the common "clone" USB programming Cables available Amazon - These cables just work!
- Works with BaoFeng's Latest Radios: UV-5X3, BF-F8HP, and UV-82HP
- Helpful BaoFeng Guides and Programming Tips at Miklor.com
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Genuine FTDI Chipset - Works with the latest Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux Drivers
If you are tired of messing with the "counterfeit prolific chips" in the 'other' cables available on Amazon - this cable this is your answer. This cable works with the latest FTDI drivers
The drivers are also downloadable directly from http://baofengtech.com/pccable
Drivers are available which allow FTDI devices to work with the following operating systems: Windows, Max OSX, Linux, and Android
Works with the BaoFeng UV-5Rs, UV-82s, BF-F8HP, UV-5X3, UV-82HP and more!
Works with the BaoFeng and Kenwood portable radios requiring the 2-pin KPG-22 type connector.
Also works with other models of radios that use the same 2-pin configuration including: AnyTone, FDC, Linton, Puxing, Surecom, Weierwei, Wouxun, and Quansheng.
Q: Do I need to “back-date” or install a prolific driver?
A: NO – those procedures found online are for counterfeit cables. This cable will automatically install with the drivers on your computer.
Q: My computer did not automatically install the driver – now what?
A: Download the and update to the latest FTDI driver at: baofengtech.com/pccable or at anytonetech.com/anytone-usb-cable
Q: I need help using the software
A: Miklor.com is an excellent resource site for AnyTone and BaoFeng FAQs and Software questions.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The add says you won't have to load drivers on Windows 7. Not true at all...Windows 7 doesn't have drivers for the chipset in this cable. So, I still had to download and install drivers. That's wasn't a problem for me, but it should have been pointed out in the description. I think it would have been more accurate to say that you'll never need drivers other than the authentic drivers for authentic FT chips! It is an authentic cable, though, so once I got the drivers loaded, it worked fine.
2. When you upload to, or download from, a UV-82HP, it's important to know that the position of the volume control affects this process. The instructions that appear when you click the selection to upload or download say that you may have to turn the volume up! I have two UV-82HPs. When I programmed the first of the two, I needed to turn the volume all the way up to upload or download. On the other one, if I turn the volume up that far, it won't work...it'll say it failed to connect to the phone. I spent at least 20 minutes trying to figure out why my second radio wouldn't connect with my computer until it dawned on me to try a lower volume setting. Nowhere does it say this...but it should. Anyway, if you read this, be aware that you may have to fiddle with the volume button to get it to upload. I usually start about 1/3 up, and then if it fails to connect, I turn it up a bit and try again until it starts.
Included is a one page quick start guide which is pretty good if you haven't programmed a radio before. It tells you how to verify you have the right driver and a few tips on programming. It's written by an english speaker, no "chinglish directions". The provided website has even more drivers (for other OS) and has some other good info. Also included is a mini disk with drivers on it.
If you have a Baofeng radio for whatever reason, trust me when I say its worth it to spend a couple extra bucks and have your comms just work without hassle. As an added bonus, by programming with software (CHIRP is available at the Miklor website for free) you can name your channels (7 characters), disable TX on certain freqs (like a scanner), save those freq lists, clone your radios (not a radio to radio clone, you just upload the same file to everyone's radios), all without a bunch of button pressing or trying to remember the significance/location of that repeater you programmed into channel 57...
Ya had to BE there....You know, the old fart who just KNEW that "HE" could make it work. Those two dollar cables, YOU know the ones. Yep, HE could do it cuz HE wasn't stupid like all the cry babies who moan & groan and have no clue. And he thought that for the 36 hours straight that he never ate, slept or did ANY damned thing else but fight with those cheap a** cables....
When his wife DEMANDED he buy another one of THESE cables that is now somehow lost in his 30+ year pile of discarded PC equipment, cables, games, dead consoles, you name it. Yeah he spent a half day wading through it all and never found THIS vable that he bought in March 2014 and never even got to use once. He was NOT going to pay for another one when he had never even had a chance to see it this was legit or not. And after the last 36 hours he didn't believe ANY cable actually, REALLY even existed that would work. So he wrote a letter to BaoFeng Tech explaining that after the flood we had in this home right after getting that cable was no more and asked if there was any sort of discount for 4 times wounded USMC Combat Veterans and he included a copy of his receipt. Then, after having a couple beers in the hot tub (OK, MAYBE 3?), he caved and placed the order for a new one of these cables last night (Sunday). He figured if he ever heard anything at all, it would be in a week or two and "why bother" right?
Well just as the Amazon delivery driver was handing him that shiney NEW cable he ordered just last night (free overnight shipping paid for by BaoFeng?) he hears his email and goes to check it. Yep it is BaoFeng telling him they are just going to replace that missing cable from the flood for FREE. So after the shock wears off he decides to get this over with and make sure this cable wouldn't work either so he could just box up the new radios and super duper new Nagoya NA-771 15.6-Inch Whip VHF/UHF (144/430Mhz) Antenna and a few other goodies and ship it all back to Amazon and just walk away from this "hobby" that had been such an unmitigated DISASTER as bad as the one that landed him in that hospital 2 years ago and turned his life inside out and upside down. This was just another of his dumb a** ideas that he never should have even tried.
So you might have guessed, a little woozy still from that 36 hour fun filled journey into Chinese drivers from He**and back again, oh, maybe a hundred plus times, and sure enough, he plugs in the cable and this time it DOES show up on it's own. But, there it is STILL-That yellow error warning. He just about heaves his purdy new gaming laptop through the wall at this point and then it his him. He didn't reboot the computer after updating the driver did he? but wait, this said he didn't HAVE to do that right? OK, go back in calmly and update the damned driver. AGAIN....NOTHING. Oh, but the damned yellow WARNING/ERROR message sure is still there. OK, last time, reboot then finish boxing all this crap up and get drunk like any real man would do.
What? Yellow warnings gone? Ok, get it back out of the box and plug this into it. BAM! It SEES it, it DOWNLOADS it, it WORKS.
The moral of this story is be cheap and you WILL pay the price! And I have NO possible way on this Earth to say THANK YOU to BaoFeng Tech for their generosity in replacing a cable destroyed by nature and NOT their responsibility. I never asked for that OR expected that. I assumed they would never even answer my email at all. Just buy this damned cable and don't look back. I promise you, you DO come out way ahead.