Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on July 31, 2012
If you have a gym bag like me and shave on the go at work or gym shower or girlfriends house or traveling in general then this case is for you. It is simple and very elegant looking. Genuine leather with some back felt. Even if all you really need is something to protect everything else from your razor while it's floating around in your bad, you can't beat it for the price.

*****I UPLOADED PICS*****
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
111 people found this helpful
on July 6, 2013
I finally broke down and purchased this product after years of putting it off. Now I have a nifty way to carry my razor when I travel. I would usually wrap it in a wash cloth, but this is far more satisfactory. The case is well made and of good to high quality. It has sufficient depth of pocket for my long handle razors.
review imagereview image
19 people found this helpful
on December 20, 2016
This little case is my de-facto travel artifact for my razors. It fits and protects my razors well, and this includes longer razors (Merkur 38C HD in particular). I've taken this case on almost a year's worth of travels and have not seen an ounce of wear yet. Great quality, highly functional.
5 people found this helpful
on January 2, 2015
Most negative reviews here seem to focus on either of two complaints: it doesn't fit their multiblade razor (eg Mach 3), or they don't like the quality of the leather. I put those complaints aside because: 1.) it is not intended for the multiblade razors (I have a Merkur long handled DE), and 2.) quality of the leather is a meaningless criteria (this is not a fashion accessory).

That said I am still on the fence about this case. My Merkur fits very snugly in it. So snugly, in fact, that I have to ensure it bottoms out in the case for the flap to even button closed. That's one star lost.

The second problem I have (and lost star) is that the razor blade itself rubs on the inside bend of case flap. I anticipate the razor will eventually damage the flap from being in contact with it.

If this thing really holds up over time I will be glad to revise this review. Unfortunately there are not many options out there for a flexible razor case, so hopefully it is more durable than first appearances.
4 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on June 3, 2016
I have used a Gillette Super Speed safety razor (~1960's) for better than a decade now. While I travel somewhat infrequently, I do travel every other month on average. This case has been great for traveling with my razor. It provides adequate protection when packed in my dopp kit, protecting the blade from contacting other items in the kit.

When traveling, I do towel off my razor prior to packing, however, it never seems to be completely dry when time comes to pack up for home. I have noticed no issue with the inside of this case when placing a slightly damp/wet razor in it. The build quality is overall impressive; as I have been using this for 2-3 years now, and it shows no sign of wear--other than becoming somewhat form-fitted to my razor.

If you have not yet tried shaving with a DE, I would defiantly recommend it--not only is the shave better, it is far, far cheaper than other disposable multi-blade razors sold today. As a user of a DE, even if you travel infrequently, this is a must-have accessory for travel with your DE. I would defiantly purchase again.
on May 13, 2013
The initial quality of the product is really nice. The leather is of good quality, the full interior is felt-lined (although thin), and the reverse side of the rivet is covered over by felt to prevent scratches on the finish of your razor.

My long-handled Merkur 180/23C, Parker 99R, and Parker 65R fit without any issues. It was tight with the 99R and required just a tad bit of leather stretching (not excessive) to get it pushed down deep enough so the cover can be buttoned. The Merkur Futur should be fine (if not a little tight) but I highly doubt larger/longer razors such as the Merkur Vision will fit. On my razors, the closed the flap did not touch the blade itself - However, definitely look into this if you have a razor with a ton of blade exposure.

Something else worth noting is that mine came with "Parker Safety Razors" etched into the case from one side clear across to the other side. The etching is the same color as the case so it does not stand out. This etching has zero impact on performance but it is worth highlighting if you are brand-centric.
4 people found this helpful
on April 24, 2014
This case will fit these double edge razors that I own: Merkur Long Handled Safety Razor;Merkur HD Slant Safety Razor 37C,Feather All Stainless Steel Double Edge Shaving Razor,Muhle Closed Comb Double Edge Safety Razor, R89, Chrome Plated Metal and the Open Comb Chrome Plated Metal Razor (R41 GRANDE) razor by Muehle. I used the links so you can check the exact dimensions. The case closes easily around the razor and snaps well below towards the handle, so there really is no chance that you will scratch your shaving implement. This one stays in my travel bag ready to be filled when I am on the road. Excellent price point. Worth giving a try. I am not sure the largest of the razors, such as the Vision Adjustable Safety Razor (2000) razor by Merkur will fit, due to the extreme thickness of the handle; so proceed with caution if that's your razor. Otherwise,
Recommended.
on July 9, 2016
I wanted a little case to carry my safety razor and this is perfect. Fits my razor, and gives good protection. Doesn't seem to be bothered by a little bit of moisture, and has held up well after several trips. Of course traveling with a safety razor is in itself a challenge (TSA, must be checked, etc.) but this case lets toss the razor into my suitcase with no worries!
on July 1, 2011
As the review title implies, I consider this to be an accessory, not an essential. One could, after all, simply travel with their DE razor 'unloaded,' saving your fingers from potential slices as you hunt for your razor in the toiletry bag. But while it not be an essential item, I do think it is a worthy addition to your shaving kit. After all, DE razor users aren't usually minimalist when it comes to our facial hygiene when considering the attendant gear: Shave soap/cream, blades, badger bristle brush, alum block, after shave.... So why not treat your razor as well as you treat your face while on the road, while avoiding nicks on the fingers?

For what it is, this is a well-made product. It fits my Merkur HD Classic well and snugly. The real leather is about as nice as that of my toiletry travel bag, which is fine enough for me. It is about as well made as possible for an item such as this, which is to say it should last just about as long as you choose to travel. I don't see mine ever wearing out. The snap closure is light but positive and the stitching around the sides is nicely done. It is long enough to accommodate most long-handle versions, and the hood is wide enough to extend a good 1/4" on either side of the business-end of my razor - a nice touch that shows some thought went into keeping fingers away from the sharp stuff. Leather on the outside, the interior is actually lined - another nice touch.

I rate this at five stars because it does well exactly what this type of accessory ought to do. Could it be better? Sure, it could be cheaper. The price seems about right, though, and I prefer the natural leather to a plastic case or fake leather.

While it may not be an essential item, I'm happy with it and would purchase again.
2 people found this helpful
on May 30, 2016
When I first purchased it felt very tight. But after a few uses and keeping the razor constantly in it it is now easier to get the razor in and out and the leather has more give to it. I am glad I gave it a chance. I have what the description on Amazon called a long handle razor and it fits just right in it. For obvious safety reasons I would recommend this razor holder (especially when traveling) although I store my razor in it every day. Nice looking too.