- Paperback: 208 pages
- Publisher: Pearson; 3 edition (October 21, 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9780131014725
- ISBN-13: 978-0131014725
- ASIN: 0131014722
- Product Dimensions: 8.6 x 0.5 x 10.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 148 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #71,647 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $3.99 shipping
Geography Coloring Book (3rd Edition) Paperback – October 21, 2002
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Author
Previous problems with paper quality have been corrected for this new (3rd) edition.
For this book I have hand-drawn and lettered all the maps and names of countries, etc., using the same highly effective coloring format that I created for the highly innovative Anatomy Coloring Book which has sold well over three million copies in this country alone.
New features in this edition include the use of extremely bold headings to facilitate content recognition and introductory pages previewing each section.
Accompanying the maps of of states, countries, continents, regions, empires, flags, mountain ranges, rivers, etc. are brief, but informative and often fascinating descriptions enhancing the "learn while you color" process.
You can color eight early empires (including the two Islamic) superimposed over modern maps, clearly showing which countries continue to be bear their historic influences.
Color thematic maps of the world; each dealing with weather, vegetation, ocean currents, prevailing winds, populations, racial distribution, religions and languages.
Similarities among the flags of the world can be observed by coloring them grouped according to the geographic proximity of their countries of origin.
An extensive geographical dictionary, defining and identifying the location of each entry, is provided which also can serve as a dual-function quiz.
From the Back Cover
Wynn Kapit, the designer of the extremely popular Anatomy Coloring Book, has adapted that same coloring format to the subject of geography. This method of learning has proven to be unsurpassed in developing awareness, achieving retention, and experiencing enjoyment. This edition contains:
- Political maps describing the United States and all the nations of the world according to their regional grouping within a, particular continent.
- Pertinent data about each state or country, plus fascinating facts of historic, geographic, political, or economic nature. These facts are often related to today's headlines.
- Physical maps of each continent, illustrating the major rivers, mountain ranges, mountain peaks, and specific land regions.
- Visual comparisons of size among the countries themselves, as well as to the various states of the United States.
- Maps, covering larger areas, provide the reader with a bigger picture regarding the location of the country or region under consideration.
- Maps describing the, transformation of the former Soviet Union into fifteen separate nations, and the former Yugoslavia into five new nations.
- Thematic maps of the world describing weather, vegetation, ocean currents, prevailing winds, population, racial distribution, religions, and languages.
- Flags of the world are shown organized according to the geographic locations of their countries of origin.
- Past and future movement of continents over millions of years, plus the location of earthquake and volcano zones.
- Eight historic land empires (see below) superimposed on modern maps with extensive descriptions tracing the rise and fall of each empire.
- An index that serves as a dictionary, identifying and locating each entry. This feature can also be turned into a fascinating, dual-function quiz.
148 customer reviews
Review this product
Showing 1-8 of 148 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I like to color to relax and I'd rather do coloring books in which I learn like with my science coloring books in college.
I wasn't really good at geography so I was excited that there was a coloring book by the same author who did the anatomy and physiology coloring books I so enjoyed. I still keep and refer to them. They also helped me ace my other related science courses. I still see the colors and the visual when I think about whatever topic. I still use them as a reference point.
This is a superb book and, as I expected, well organized. It's more than geography and covers populations, land use, rain fail, climate and all things related.,
One down would be that I had a hard time grasping the overall coloring instructions at first. The examples are on the front page and it refers to that. It could be a better example and/or a better explanation. Or maybe I'm slow. I soon figured it out though.
The only other down would be that it's a little old (2003). I would totally buy an updated one or ANY other coloring book by wynn kapit!!!
As for now, I'm thinking I'll buy new anatomy and physiology books and recolor them!
I did NOT receive this product at discount.