Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 15 reviews
on September 9, 2012
Before I begin on the review of the book's content, I will begin with the quality of the actual book / binding.

The pages are of a higher-quality, smoother paper, which give the book of a more distinguished feel. While the dust-cover image and text is rather unremarkable, which, I might add, is rather expected of this kind of book, the actual volume has the simple crimson and black with gold lettering on the side. The text is small, but not too small, or the lines too close together, that it is difficult to read. Finally, I do not know if this is typical, but my copy came with a signature from the author.

Now for the book's contents:

I found the book very enjoyable and well-written. While the style isn't that of a Hollywood thriller, it does what it sets out to do, to tell the story of George Eastman, and it does it well. It is very informative, the level of detail went well beyond my expectations, and, most importantly, the extensive list of cited sources lets me know that the information is accurate. All in all, if you are looking for the story of GE, this is the copy to buy.

Overall, 5/5 stars.
on March 27, 2017
Excellent read disclosing a man that I had now idea about before.
We need more George Eastman's in the world.
on November 16, 2014
well researched, learned so much more about George Eastman, worked for Kodak for 30 years and enjoyed all the employee benefits that he put in place as a industrial leader and appreciator of loyal employees.
on June 22, 2013
Most comprehensive published biography on George Eastman, with an excellent index and footnotes. The author's access to primary sources makes this an essential reference for anyone researching Eastman, photography, business history, or the history of technology.
on June 28, 2014
after visiting the Eastman home in Rochester, New York we wanted to learn more. Although I have not yet read it my friend just finished it and said it was very intriguing but kind of a hard read as the writing is of old English style. Nonetheless he very much enjoyed it.
on December 4, 2014
My daughter used this for a reference on her history day project. It was too detailed and she lost interest quickly.
on June 11, 2016
Well written book.
on December 28, 2014
great service and price
on August 6, 2013
After seeing a series about American industrial giants on tv, men such as Ford, Carnegie and J. P. Morgan, I had hoped to be able to gain some insight into the rise and fall of Kodak, as I am a photographer. This volume is chock full of dates and addresses, things Eastman built, names of the many contributors to his success etc. Too much. I have no doubt the writer was thorough. Just not interesting.
on April 26, 2016
Best book ever written about George Eastman. Covers every aspect of his life. This is the second time I have read this book because it is just that good.