Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 263 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 280 reviews
on January 30, 2016
I love this grill! I always wanted a GF but I wasn't sure if I could afford it let alone the food to cook on it. With a students budget, life can consist of pizza and ramen. HOWEVER contrary to my assumption not only is the food inexpensive enough to buy to cook this way, I found that when I was eating healthier off of this, I stayed fuller longer and ate less often. Maybe it has something to do with putting good food in instead of junk. On that note I went beyond meat and put veggies on skewers and made kabobs right on this little grill. Finding a way to do veggies on the foreman was a must and it worked out to my surprise. I used oil to keep the veggies from stickingI highly recommend this product to anyone who is short on time or space in the kitchen. Made wasting my time on the oven a thing of the past!
on April 19, 2015
HI, All!

Bought this because the other model (GR136b) had sticking problems. That model had kind of a tan color grill surface with lower plate bars (almost flat, maybe why my gourmet burgers got stuck?). And after very careful scrubbing, I still couldn't get all the black residue off, really! So, bought this older model (maybe older?) with higher grill bars and it worked great. Just needed some wet paper towels to do a quick clean and swipe (ready to go!). Of course, I'll use some cleaning swipes later.

Oh! One big thing wrong with this cooker (no off/on switch?). What little amount of money would it cost to attach an off/on rocker switch for our (safety, always?). Also, power cord needs another 6 inches! But about the switch, I use the GE 52149 "BIG" lever switch (can't miss the status)! Also, Belkin Conserve Power switch seems to be another good choice!

Updated:
Oh, bought the Cuisinart AMB-17BS 17 inch baking sheet to put the grill on. Lots of room, will catch any spills and room for the Salt shaker, Mustard and my OXO small, black (Silicone) spatula, (often, on the "Best Seller" list), etc. And I can kind of use the baking sheet to catch some water when I thoroughly clean the grill, then pour the liquid into the sink!

Thanks!
------------
------------
on March 29, 2017
What a great little grill. I got this for my 84 year old mother and she is thrilled with it. It is very easy to use and she can make herself a quick and healthy meal without have to mess with heavy pots and pans and the clean up is simple.
on April 7, 2013
I just bought this grill and it was delivered in 2 days. It replaced an earlier one that I had for about 8 years which was losing its non stick coating.

The size of this grill was a little smaller than my first one and I was a little surprised even though I had written down the measurements.

However it turned out to be a blessing in disquise. It is still large enough for my needs and the benefit of the smaller size is less weight and less counter space and easier cleaning. Actually it is so light that I can hold it with one hand so that running hot water runs over the plates while holding with one hand without getting into the wiring or the underside. That enables me to use those separately sold sponges to easily clean the grille. Then wipe it dry with a paper towel.

I had initially wanted to purchase a grille with the removable plates for washing in the dishwasher, but after reading all the customer reviews it appears that those models do not heat up sufficiently to really sear the meat.

This model heats up quickly and heats up to a higher temperature than my original model, easily searing the meat. It will cook a 1 pound hamburger or two thick pieces of pork in 5 minutes.

I would recommend this model to single people who want something quick, easy and economical. Get the sponges as they are worth the money.
on February 18, 2014
Wow, what a difference 7 years makes. When I first moved into my apartment, I bought the version of the Champ grill that was on the market at the time, and it lasted all that time (through EXTREMELY regular use) with very little degradation. It felt weighty, substantial, and its grease trap fit into a neat little slot. This model feels much cheaper--it slides around just from the pressure of cleaning it, the grease trap is separate and just kinda hovers there, and maybe it's just me, but the non-stick on the top half of the unit seemed to be defeated by black gristle after just one use. Maybe if I bought the Official George Foreman Sponges (TM) this would clean off more easily, but as far as things already in my house go, the only thing that seems to work is a combination of a paper towel and my own fingernails--and even that only goes so far.

That said, it cooks the things I like to cook at about the same rate as my old model, and even the little burned patches I sometimes get on top don't ruin anything. If this is what I can get at this size, I'll take it, but with some reservations.
on November 14, 2014
I read good and bad reviews of this grill before buying, but I've been very happy with mine. I don't know whether the amount of grease that runs off this grill is enough to reduce calories to the point that I would lose weight. To me, the selling point of this grill is that I can fix meats quickly and easily. I'm no gourmet under any circumstances, but I've been happy with the taste of steaks, chicken, and pork chops that I've grilled.

One point that anyone needs to consider is that grease will splatter through the sides of this grill. The counter around the grill will pick up some grease and need to be cleaned carefully after every meal.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 4, 2015
This grill is far better that the newer one replacing it, that I originally purchased. The newer model has a VERY short cord and a microscopic cooking surface. This one has a somewhat longer cord, and has enough space to grill to servings of most things. I like to do pork chops, mainly, but I have also done chicken breasts and burgers.

The only negative is that the grill plates are not removable for cleaning. I would have easily paid more for that.
on March 4, 2017
Why didn't I think of this idea!!!! I live alone and eat Palio, so lots of protein! This is the perfect for a single serving. The heat is consistent and the meat is grilled evenly. It heats up in about 3 minutes, and takes about that long to clean it up. Definitely worth the affordable price!
on January 10, 2015
My pre-teen enjoys cooking and likes making the typical grilled cheese sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, etc. but I'm not comfortable with her exploring her culinary curiosity on her own so this was a great option for her. Now she can come home after school and make something hot without actually "cooking". This grill was perfect! It can fit 1 large burger or 2 smaller ones and it allows her the independence without the risk. It's easy to clean and she just wipes down the metal plates with a damp napkin after it cools down. I had a Foreman Grill years ago and used to make grilled vegetables, paninis, rolls that won't fit it in toaster, seafood - you name it! I highly recommend this product!
on April 3, 2015
love this! use this on my counter, great for easy and convenient grilling for yourself or another person. I make hamburgers all the time on this, cooks fast, heats up really fast, and comes with the little grease/fat catcher. Easy to wash, just be careful if you are using a knife to scrape things off you dont damage the grill/the coating on the grill!
great product, glad i got this!