Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill
|With Deal:||$74.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$2.63 (3%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- No-fuss grilling made easy, for use indoors or outside
- Grill can be used on pedestal (stands about 1/2 feet high) or on tabletop
- Uses electric heat, with adjustable range from low to high
- Sloping grate base draws fat away from food to collect in easy-to-empty tray
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Compare to Similar Items
This item George Foreman GGR50B Indoor/Outdoor Grill
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||20.5 x 22.2 x 13 in||20 x 11 x 20.5 in||25.2 x 24.4 x 38.2 in||24 x 9.1 x 12.1 in|
|Material Type||Metal||Not Applicable||Steel||Not Applicable|
Easily converts from outdoor to indoor use. 240 sq. in. cooking surface. 1 removable grill plate. Center channel drains fat into large grease tray. Double nonstick coated plates. Dome round lid with adjustable steam vent. Adjustable temperature control. Cool touch handles. 1600W. Stand is included. 20" x 12" x 21". Black.
Grilling really can't get much easier than this. After assembling the grill (which takes only a few minutes), simply plug it in and allow about 10 minutes to fully preheat the surface while you gather your steaks, kebabs, or whatever's to be grilled. The electric heat has an adjustable range from low (for keeping food warm) to high (for searing steaks). The nonstick grill surface not only means you can use a minimum of added fat, but it also makes cleanup a cinch. The surface has a subtle slope, with channels that draw accumulated fat or other liquids into a tray just below the surface. The high domed and vented lid helps create a circular flow of hot air to ensure even cooking--particularly important for a large roast or whole chicken.
The grill can be placed either directly on a tabletop or atop its pedestal. On its own, the grill surface stands about 6 inches high; with the pedestal, it stands about 2-1/2 feet high, not counting the domed lid. The pedestal is plenty sturdy for cooking, but the grill still seems a bit top-heavy, so pay special attention if grilling in a high-traffic area or near kids. Because of the easy electric heat, this grill can be used outdoors or indoors--when using it indoors, though, be prepared for potential spattering, steam, or other side effects of cooking. --Cynthia Nims
From the Manufacturer
- Color: Silver
- Domed Lid: Yes
- Drip Tray: Yes
- Indoor-Outdoor: Yes
- Non-Stick Surface: Yes
- Patented Slope Design: Yes
- Plates Included: One
- Variable Temperature Control: Yes
- Volts: 120
- Warranty: 3-Year Limited
- Wattage: 1600
George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Grill
Item #: GGR50B
Hope you’re hungry! (Or have lots of friends!) The George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Grill has room for over 15 servings of delicious meats, veggies, kabobs, desserts, and more! Plus, it’s right there in the name and it’s totally true—you can use this grill just as easily outdoors as you can indoors. It’s made possible by the removable grill stand that’s sturdy on the patio and can be removed for countertop grilling. Add in the removable grill plate and the patented fat-removing slope, and you’ve got the power to create large, tasty portions of everyone’s favorites with simple cleanup, to boot. What—and where—will you grill?
The low-profile stand attached to the grill bottom keeps the grill elevated for safe use on most countertop surfaces.
Adjustable Temperature Control
Perfect heat is the secret ingredient. The temperature probe lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best results on any kind of food.
Removable Stand Included
Don’t let the weather keep you from the glory of grilling. The easy-to-remove stand takes you from patio to countertop in no time.
Your landlord will love this grill just as much as you do. The fully electric system gives you high-quality grilling with no charcoal, no propane, and no flare-ups.
The dishwasher-safe drip tray collects excess fat and grease so you don’t have to. How nice is that?
Removable Grill Plate
No Charcoal! No Lighter Fluid!
Ditch the mess and hassle of charcoal and experience the power and convenience of electric grilling.
Top Customer Reviews
That being said, this product caters to people (me) willing to try a product that is not a traditional charcoal grill, could be useful in smaller spaces/porches, looks like it is easy to use and clean up, could potentially cut some fat (never hurts, right?), and seems like it will work well as a good back-up grill or a quick solution to throwing mini-bbqs requiring even heat distribution without the hassle of buying/lighting/dumping coal. If that's you, then read on...
Here, I'll try my best to outline the grill's pros and cons, as well as do a quick, inevitable comparison it to a traditional charcoal grill.
The pros of this grill basically equal the pros of using hot plates in general:
1) Quick Heat - The whole surface heats up very quickly (you'll be ready to cook in a few minutes after you twist the switch)
2) Design - Basically you have the stand, a bottom dome, the flat grill that sits on the bottom dome, then the lid (top dome). You can easily remove the flat grill part to use indoors separate from the stand, and it also makes for easy cleaning since you can just throw the flat grill surface in the sink.
3) Easy to Clean - The grill surface is relatively easy to clean. Understand, grease is never easy to clean. But in my situation, i wipe off the chunks of grease with paper towels, then run hot water over it in the sink (yes it fits in my sink) and wash it with a soapy sponge.Read more ›
1. Can be used on decks and balconies where gas or charcoal are forbidden as a fire risk.
2. Small footprint, can be used tableside or on pedestal
3. Foreman (Salton) quality is generally reliable
4. No gas or charcoal lighter flavor (I don't like the gas flavor.)
5. Quick heating
6. No need to replenish a gas bottle or run out of charcoal.
Now the Cons:
1. Be careful of the fat drainage; if you clog the hole, it can get ugly, real ugly.
2. On that note, if you have a composite deck--one made of resin and sawdust or even a wood deck, any spilled fat or juices will stain your planks. An outdoor rug or mat under the grill is a good idea--something that will catch drips.
3. The grill really isn't as hot as really hot charcoal or gas and you won't get that char-broiled taste. No different than cooking indoors.
4. Requires an outlet. You really shouldn't use an extension cord. The wrong one can short out or get hot, or they are a hazard for tripping over.
If you are in an area that does not allow open fire or outdoor grilling, this is a very excellent alternative.
I am quite happy with the surface area, as I can easily fit 8 large burgers on at once. I live in the frozen north, so the fact that this grill will also work indoors is plus.
It's portable, reliable, easy to use and clean, and a bargain compared to other outdoor grills.
George put his name on a very good product.
Update: I have owned this grill for 2 1/2 years now and it still works like new!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Exceeded my expectations, cooks great, takes up little space, perfect apt/condo grill!Published 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
It cooks amazing and fast BUT..... not very sturdy. Doesn't seem like it will last many years.I also wish I could put the grill top in the dishwasher but I cannot because the... Read morePublished 17 days ago by Dee Dee
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.