Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou MeBeforeYou  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 203 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 262 reviews
on January 1, 2017
Foul language, filled with racial hate, and left wing politics. Sexually inappropriate. He is now an egomaniac, not a representative of our wonderful Hispanic heritage. You are not my Mexican, George! You don't deserve to sell out large venues anymore. Get some humility, spend the time to write some good material that does not rely on four letter words, passing gas and masturbating. You have the talent, use it right, don't waste it on trash. I think that he is now trying to capitalize on his past achievements and thinks that he no longer has to put in the hard work needed to write good material. Gabriel Iglesias is now my Mexican!
on November 30, 2016
Overall: disappointing, offensive & bitter. Looking back on George Lopez's brilliant career, this performance had only fleeting moments of comedy. I've been a fan of Lopez - the COMIC - since the beginning. But I am not a fan of his bitter, angry political rants, which his recent performances have degenerated into. "Tall, Dark & Chicano" makes me cringe with Lopez's bitter, hate-filled, anti-Anglo racist, mysogynistic, immature sex-masturbation-farts-qweefs obsessions. I understand and have total empathy w/ the societal sources of Lopez's bitterness. But, at this point in his stellar career, he needs to decide if he's going to be a politician or a comic, because as a bitter COMIC (falling back on cheap, filthy, sex- and bodily-functions obsessed references to sprinkle a few laughs in his routine), he's just not funny any more.
on October 12, 2016
George is a talented, funny performer. Some of the content was a little more profane than I expected, but I had not seen his live stand up before. (He is not as profane as many other stand up comedians I have seen) I appreciated his insight and humor regarding race and discrimination. We need more performers like George to share their culture (good, bad, and everything in between) proudly and with the cultural awareness and self deprecation all cultures deserve - none of them are perfect and all of them have humorous aspects.
on May 17, 2017
I had to turn this off about 12 minutes into it. I had not laughed once and just could not be bothered to see if the rest was any better. I did not think it was racist. Lopez made fun of Latinos as much as he did white America (in the first 12 minutes, anyway.) There was a couple of times when I thought "I could've written a better punch line than that."
on May 14, 2017
Garbage. This guy used to be funny, now he is just a racist. Does he think that Latinos are the only people who paid his salary? Spewing hatred for white America is very foolish. Probably the reason he has no career now. So sad as I used to think he was a very talented comic.
on August 29, 2016
I usually find George Lopez very funny, but this comedy show suggest that as he gets older he becomes more of a racist. He also is very "angry" at his grandmother. Many things that I did not expect from this comedian. I now find Gabriel Iglesias to be much funnier, and a better comedian overall.
on January 27, 2015
I am an Irish American, and to the reviewers who suggested that George, and other "offended" Hispanics return to their "native countries", let me take this opportunity to say......................(you'll understand when you watch!)

In addition, geniuses, why don't YOU all go back to your homelands if you are offended by the rights of ALL American's to question authority and practice free speech? If you are able, read the handwriting, then tell me how many comics of ANY color could fill a damn STADIUM, and command that size stage, the way George did?

If his show seemed more like a political rally, it was. Mark my words, George will be running for office when the time is right, and will probably win.

I was blown away by his unapologetic attitude, and sharp, incisive, BRILLIANT writing and performance. He does what all good comics do, he educates his audience. If his social commentary was not right on, it would not be funny. As one other 5 star reviewer put it, his humor is "raw".

He survived poverty and abuse by making it funny. He is a minority that has gained success because he is fearless.

Bravo, George!
on May 20, 2017
Pretty much nothing but racial slurs. I can handle a little ribbing but this is way over the top.
on April 12, 2017
Didn't realize I was watching a political rant
on August 29, 2016
Actually I never got past his first *,*Mother F** which almost happened in his first sentence. If he wants to eliminate people who are offended by this language, it worked. I enjoyed the movie Spare parts. I thought he did a great job. He is a good actor, but now I see that he is not at all like the instructor he played. He is full of himself and vulgar.