Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: George Lopez: Tall, Dark & Chicano
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Format: DVD|Change

on January 27, 2015
I am an Irish American, and to the reviewers who suggested that George, and other "offended" Hispanics return to their "native countries", let me take this opportunity to say......................(you'll understand when you watch!)

In addition, geniuses, why don't YOU all go back to your homelands if you are offended by the rights of ALL American's to question authority and practice free speech? If you are able, read the handwriting, then tell me how many comics of ANY color could fill a damn STADIUM, and command that size stage, the way George did?

If his show seemed more like a political rally, it was. Mark my words, George will be running for office when the time is right, and will probably win.

I was blown away by his unapologetic attitude, and sharp, incisive, BRILLIANT writing and performance. He does what all good comics do, he educates his audience. If his social commentary was not right on, it would not be funny. As one other 5 star reviewer put it, his humor is "raw".

He survived poverty and abuse by making it funny. He is a minority that has gained success because he is fearless.

Bravo, George!
on February 18, 2010
I loved this DVD! It's his best performance yet! The reason why is because his jokes are even less politically correct than in his other stand-up performances, and because he tends to focus on race relations between Mexicans and Latinos and European Americans. The combination of these two factors made for a powerful, raw and extremely funny show. It's also wonderful to see how a loved Mexican comedian now has enough roots in the industry, fans and confidence to pull off the jokes that he makes in this show. In hindsight, it was like watching my favorite comedian fully come out of his shell and finally break free from the societal restraints that had in part kept his jokes w/in certain limits. In other words, after I watched a rerun of this show on HBO, I realized that I had just seen a particularly historical show with respect to George Lopez's career. After a show like this, you'll be wondering about and looking forward to his next show, new jokes and next move in his career.
on February 11, 2010
Wow!

My husband has always been a major George Lopez fan. It didn't take me long to become one as well

I didn't know what to get my husband for Christmas. This released at exactly the right time, and my husband was really happy when he opened this gift.

I normally don't laugh out loud at anyone, but George Lopez is seriously funny. I did a lot of laughing out loud with this one!
on July 31, 2016
This is the second George Lopez comedy special I tried to watch tonight. The other was It's Not Me, It's You (or something like that) I gave both a single star. I used to like George, mainly from watching his sit-com, which was clean and funny. His standup reveals him to be coarse and racist, with a gigantic ego. He starts this off like a Nuremburg rally, even indulging in a sort of Nazi salute. I lost all respect for him, and I will not watch him again. Just a dirty, unfunny racist
on July 26, 2016
I expected George to be funny, but the opening of his show was ridiculous and off putting and I do not need for him to parade his political views in this forum. I didn't watch past the first few minutes.
on July 8, 2014
I'm a fan a of George Lopez but this was political and nasty which he hasn't done in the past. Don't get me wrong there are some comedians that pull it off but not him that is not what got him to where he is at. Sorry to say it was a waste of time.
on June 26, 2014
First of all, I'm a George Lopez fan and have been for years. I'm writing this review because the show was more disturbing than entertaining. George was very negative about many issues. He normally is a great observer of our society and the way things are in reality. George showed a much darker side this time. I'm sure he is happy with his show, I was not.
on May 19, 2015
While there were some funny moments throughout the show, there wasn't enough. I felt that he focused his time on spewing hatred, making accusations, and telling white people how bad we would treat them in the future. As a person of mixed race, I appreciate heritage pride, but I do not want to promote hatred in people; that is not the way of fixing anything.

Also, when I am watching a comedy show, I am not particularly looking for a political statement. Though I do appreciate smart comedy, it needs to be done in a thought out manner.
on December 26, 2014
Personally, I do not like George Lopez. If you think that a bunch of bad words would make a good comedian, then he is your guy. I got it because my cousin like him. The quality of the video was OK, I guess... I did not stay long to see it.
on January 27, 2010
Alrady owning 2 previous George Lopez DVD's i order this one on the urging of a friend of mine. Taking her advice I too found it very funny. I laughed so hard I was crying.