Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 278 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 370 reviews
on January 14, 2017
Back in October 2016 my Dr had his NURSE call to tell me my labwork came back bad and I had to quit eating sugar and go low carb. That was it. It's been years and years since I was in school. So it had been years and years since I had studied any sort of nutrition. Which let's be honest, we don't go into any sort of real depth in this country. So I had no directions of what 'low carb' meant. I got the no sugar part and right before the holidays too. Meanies. But I had to research the low carb. I started on google for definitions of carbs and nutrition. Graduating to recipes and chefs..where I discovered George Stella! Next stop-Amazon! I start by looking inside some of his recipe books (LOVE this feature Amazon-just wish we could view MORE pages than you allow!) then I read REVIEWS. I decided to take a chance and I bought 2 of his older recipe books. Baby steps! I'm so glad I did! He has superb recipes in both! I know I'll be ordering more of his recipe books in the future. Did more labs last day of December-all is looking good, plus I lost 30 pounds! No longer craving sugar! Did tell the doc though that they really need to tell patients what low carb means because most folks ain't gonna do the research like I did. Either because they don't have access to the information or laziness.
on July 8, 2014
Very disappointed!! I just downloaded the Kindle Edition of this book- and there are NO PHOTOGRAPHS! I'm sure I'll enjoy the recipes and look forward to trying them, but I was sorely disappointed that the digital edition does not contain photos. There should have been a disclaimer in the description!
on September 15, 2013
I like the idea of low-carb for its many health benefits and I saw all the good reviews about this book, as well as some videos. I think the book has a good variety of recipes and I like the idea of taking a beloved dish (such as pizza!) and reinventing it, instead of being completely deprived. However, from a health standpoint, I have to make substitutions for many of the recipes because they rely heavily on SOY FLOWER as well as SPLENDA. I have come to the conclusion that these are not healthy ingredients to consume. So, for me, I wish the recipes would have other alternatives ingredients. So, just be warned. Also, I wish it had more pictures. I only has a handful of them. Other than that, the instructions are well-written and there are many recipes.
on August 27, 2014
I just received this book a week ago. I have read it from cover to cover and am really excited to get started Livin' Low Carb. Knowing that the Stella family used these recipes themselves and lost all of that weight and got healthy, really inspires me to start cooking this way. I was getting so frustrated going to the grocery store each week and not knowing what to get to eat healthy. Now, with this cookbook, I have many dishes that I can make and he says that there are no portion control, "eat til you are satisfied"! How wonderful is that! I have ordered three others of his cookbooks also. Just waiting for them to be delivered! Can't wait to try all the recipes! Going to the grocery store will no longer be a drag. Both of my parents are diabetics. I have told my mom about Stella's Cookbooks. She said she was going to order them also. I'm trying to lose weight and get a healthy lifestyle BEFORE I encounter health problems in my future! Thank you George Stella!
on December 11, 2016
All of George Stella's recipes have turned out to be really tasty! I have bought 3 of his books so far and have been so happy with the food I've made. I can't say enough about how good his food is!
on May 17, 2010
When I found this book on Amazon.com and was contemplating purchasing it, my wife pointed to the row of low-carb books on the bookshelf. Many were all about the how and why, while Stella's book is about HOW to cook. I have done low carb for a long time, on and off again, but this book really gave me a lot of good suggestions. I just made the chocolate chip muffins and the pizza. It takes a little getting used to some of the preparation tricks and of course, I had to go out and buy soy flour, but for the most part George keeps the recipes simple but satisfying, especially for someone like me who doesn't spend a lot of time at the stove.. I wish I had found this book years ago!
on July 10, 2016
This guy is awesome. He's married already though.
on June 7, 2017
Was not very happy at all the way this book downloaded!
Very choppy and hard to read. You have to go through
ALL the pages to find a recipe not a very user friendly
cookbook.
on July 25, 2005
I know I feel better when I eat a low carb diet but getting my husband to join me has often been difficult. I tried Atkins but I don't want to go out and buy all his prepackaged foods. Plus, they were't all that tasty. For the last two weeks, I have tried a variety of the recipes with great success. Our favorite is the Tequila Chicken, thought the Mock Mashed Potatos are delicious too. Baking with soy powder is fine, I can't tell a difference really. George has a sweeter tooth than us so we find we might reduce some of the sweetener in the recipes too. George uses more salt than we do so I just cut it out when I can. I am excited aobut cooking agina, about eating well, I feel better than I have in months and best of all, mu husband says everything I've made is fabulous and we share more dinners together. I recommend to anyone.
on March 17, 2017
George Stella's cookbooks have really helped me regain my health. I have embraced eating healthier and exercising and use his books for meal planning. No joke- I have dropped nearly 25lbs in about 9 weeks. But here's the thing: it doesn't taste like you are sacrificing anything. There are still desserts and twists on favorite snack foods. I feel better in mind and body than I have in years. Stella's own weight loss story is amazingly inspiring. Before I got this cookbook, I got the Best of the Best - Low Carb Cooking by George Stella. I have place-holders on probably 40 pages. Amazing cookbook. This one is also great. He has recipes for every meal in the day, plus substitutes for sugary pantry items - like homemade BBQ sauce, sugar-free chocolate ganache and more. Thank you George Stella!