Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on September 15, 2012
I got this as a sharpener to put in an emergency survival bag just in case the worse happens. I did use it to sharpen all the knives I have in my bag and had no problems with its use. It has a course side and a Fine side and a hole which I used a piece of para-cord in to make it easy to hang onto. I bought two of these and the person who has the other one has been pleased with its use as well. The housing fits fine in my grip and It does the job it says it will do.This item also came with a warranty which amazed me and it came in Gerber packaging. So even if you cant afford a Gerber you can afford to keep knife as sharp as one. I was pleased that the product came so quickly as well. I would have no issue with ordering from this seller again and would do it in a heart beat.
review image
One person found this helpful
on December 1, 2014
I have no hesitation in giving this product 5 stars. It does exactly what it should. The coarse side and sharp side are labeled and the thumb guards prevent you from accidentally cutting yourself while sharpening your knife. I have sharpened a couple of my pocket knives and dull kitchen knives with this and have been happy with the result. The sharpness provided by this sharpener has been good for anything from cutting a steak to whittling wood.

This is a very simple product and while it may not feel like it will last forever, I see no reason it cannot last for a very long time as long as you are not throwing it on concrete or at brick walls.

Would absolutely recommend buying this product if you need a sharpener.
on June 8, 2013
I have owned one of these for several years and it does a great job on any knife I have used it on. Just bought 3 more so I have on in the truck and my backpacks for camping. Would not try an axe with i9t, but that is not what it was meany for. I have used it on folders and fixed blades for years and never had a problem. Good, lightweight piece of gear. I put a neon show\e string on them so they are easy to find in a tool box or pack.
on September 28, 2012
for the price this little pocket sharpener is fantastic. I originally purchased it solely for the porouse of maintaining an enge on my knives or machette when out backpacking/camping or whenever it isn't feasible to carry a full sharpening kit (stones angle guides ect.). now I am buying a second for the kitchen, because it is so quick and easy to use in just a few seconds and several swipes it put and edge back on any non serrated blade that is nearly as good as using multiple stones and honing to a fine edge. it cant replace a full sharpening kit but it makes maintaining a good edge much simpler. and if you want it for portably its the size of a credit card and about half and ich thick.
One person found this helpful
on July 26, 2013
This item isn't going to turn your low quallity gas station knife into a Yarborough or anything even remotely close so forget about it. What it will do however, is allow you to KEEP a blade sharp. Just regulary give your blade a few drags after use and it'll keep cutting as if it was just recently battle-sharpened. The price is great too. Certainly worth the money. If you think you could use it, buy it.
on December 18, 2012
This is a handy item to have for a quick sharpening touch up. The price is reasonable and I got two at the same time. Don't expect to be able to shave the hair off your arm. No luck yet, but I am always on the look out for the perfect sharpener. These will be great to have in handy places. I may even order more for the cars and toolboxes.
on November 21, 2011
I was a skeptic when I bought this, but for 5 bucks it was worth a shot. It quickly put a very sharp edge on my Gerber and Swiss Army knives. My very dull traveling cheap kitchen knives took a couple of minutes for a very sharp edge. Not close shave razor sharp, but cut hair sharp.

Seriously, who shaves with a knife anyway? I need my knives chef sharp and this little tool does it quick.

I also have DMT fine diamond blocks and a folding sharpener which are very good but require a little more patience and don't fit in your pocket.

I am buying several of these for stocking stuffers.
3 people found this helpful
on February 4, 2012
Let me start off by saying that it works great, and it's cheap. You could buy a few and stash them in various places for the price of a more expensive model. This is my camping sharpener. I sharpen a Mora TopQ with it, and it does the job flawlessly. The ONLY gripe I have is that the opening will not allow a thicker blade to be sharpened. It's just a bit narrow for things such as a boot knife, but that's not a concern to me.
on November 29, 2012
The seller I bought this from sent me 2 for the price of 1! The seller was ExpressBuy123. They say these style of sharpeners can chip your blade and that Im sure is true, but its not a big concern for me. This is the fastest and easiest way to sharpen a knife.
on October 31, 2016
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.