Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Gerber Zombie Apocalypse Survival Kit [30-000601]
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon November 4, 2012
Ok, as tools go, they are Gerber tools...and I have them all except for the 'zombie chete' that looks like an overgrown guthook machete. That said, you are basically getting two machetes, a hatchet axe, two folding knives and a fixed blade. Others have already done the math on this, at MSRP, that comes out to about $275...putting the canvas bag-roll at about $90.

Seriously...it looks cool...but for a kit, where's the folding camp shovel? Why do I need two machetes? Why do I need two folding knives and yet don't get a multi-tool?

If you are collecting this because of AMC's 'The Walking Dead'...then congrats...excellent show, and might end up being worth the investment...(they really should show the whole kit again, if that is the case, though). If you are actually considering buying this because of 'preparedness'...take a pass, then on Amazon look up 'GERBER' and hand-pick the Gerber machete, a Diesel or Gerber 600 multi-tool, a folding knife and a folding camp shovel...then get a couple of yards of canvas material and a stick of blue chalk...lay it out on your living room floor, where you want everything to go...giving 1-2 inches between each tool, then mark it with the chalk, now roll up the canvas ONLY, and take it with you to the nearest 'fabric store' or seamstress and pay them $15-$20 bucks to sew you a REAL carrying bag that fits your actual tools and needs...(or if you are like me...beg the wife, who can sew, that you will take her to Olive Garden if she will sew it up for you)...

You get more tools, for a smaller price, with a custom fit bag...without 'The Walking Dead' premium...
1818 comments| 324 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2012
Before I saw this product I was stuck using a paper shredder to get rid of 300 dollars. Now I can buy this product and instead of shredding the bills I can get a product that will protect me from the massive wave of zombies outside. Thats killing two zombies with one stone, or even better two machetes. It just sucks that they didn't include Trollsbane with this kit, because who has the magicka to sit there using flames for 20 minutes? Other than that though, great product.
88 comments| 148 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 11, 2015
Pros: the LMF II is a beast of a survival knife. (Not bushcraft) rat tail tang and all, I'd trust my life to it if I had to. Sheath triples as a sheath, hammer handle, and sharpener.
Gator axe II, Fiscars makes good, reliable, inexpensive, axes. This is a recolored and branded Fiscars x7 (I think x7). There are few axes in it's price range better.
The DMF: a good, but not great, folder. This is the Chinese version of the American, s30v, DMF auto. This knife is, assumably, 7Cr13Mov, but this was the hay day of Gerber's mystery steel. Regardless, the lock up is good, blade is sharp and takes a resharpening good enough.

Cons: the gator pro machete. Seriously... It's actually useless. The main edge should have gone to the tip and around, not 80% down. I'm assuming it was either a cost thing or to keep it legal in all 50 states to avoid "weapons" classification vs. a edged tool or knife.
The hook is useless. It seems only to be made to cash in on the zombie apocalypse craze.
The gator machete II: cheap, but slightly effective. I've never tried the saw back, I just don't trust it. Might work fine, you decide yourselves. The blade grind is too low. The grind should have gone further up the blade, creating a better profile for slicing through overbrush, it's actual purpose.
The bear grylls parang: see what I said about the machete, minus the saw, same complaints.
The epic: a knife with a identity crisis. It wants to be a robust fixed blade, but it's blade design and handle screams neck knife. It's just too heavy, even if you made a kydex sheath for it. It feels good in hand and the reverse tanto sheepsfoot is a utility dream... but it isn't for me. The sheath sits to high, it doesn't bite in for a boot carry. Just a confused knife.

All in all, I'd avoid this. Buy a LMF II on it's own and get the leg straps. You'll be happier and won't clutter up your knife collection with stuff you won't use.
on December 13, 2012
When face-to-face with a zombie, it takes too long to pull the machete out. Look, you're gonna be in a hurry when faced wirh a brain-eater, and pulling a machete tool from this bag is cumbersome and ALL of the tools spill out (embarrassing!).
on August 3, 2015
Best toy my hubby ever gotten. All items are of very high quality, very well thought out package. Used the axe during a camping trip; all items are very sharp. Machete has a great grip; not too heavy for a petite female. Smaller knifes get attached to legs, arms, backpacks very well. Absolutely love these.
on September 26, 2015
Works perfectly. I just got back from the Congo and had to fight my way out of a zombie epidemic, and in a nut shell, me and my battle hardened comrades saved the world thanks to gerber. First zee, our chesty brunette goddess of destruction took out a flock of deadeyes at the bay of zigundala, then specs knifed an entire wedge of trippers in the forests of handuen. Finally, I scalped a gaggle of bug eyes as we ran across the fields of zazachuien. Overall, we diced a schoolyard full of the undead and didn't leave a single one left to infect living! The infection is only contained for the moment though, and it's only a matter of time before the apocalypse! Be ready to protect your friends and family!
on December 31, 2014
Holy Cow! Did my zombie obsessed teenage kids love this gift! They felt like they were really ready for the apocolypse and they weren't getting a silly little kids toys. I'm impressed because the package has some very useful tools (and at least one I have no idea what it is) that can be useful on camping trips.
on March 9, 2015
I got these for my son for Christmas and he absolutely loves them. The weapons are good quality and are pretty sharp right out of the bag. It's an item to show friends and joke about being ready for zombies. If you're looking for tools you can actually use then this isn't the kit for you.

The bag is decent and we haven't lost any snaps yet, but I can see that happening if you're not careful. The bag is a little tricky, at first, to get rolled back up correctly, but you'll get used to it. Great gift for men and teenage boys or a zombie butt kicking girl if you happen to have one. Nice collector item.
on November 4, 2013
This kit was delivered on time and in pristine condition.

Pros:
-Appropriate sheath for each blade.
-The carry case is durable with good stitching. Each section is the appropriate size for each piece.
-The case allows you to store multiple pieces of gear in minimal space.

Cons:
-You pay a few $$ extra for the carry case vice buying each piece separate. However it is a quality case that is worth the investment IMHO.
-There is no multi-tool. This is a fairly major failing. I would like to see this corrected in the future.
-Case is not repellant. I will be correcting that with a waterproofing spray such as Camp Dry.

Overall this is a good kit. Gerber are cheap enough to use and not get too upset if you break/lose a piece. I would recommend this if you have a few extra $$ to spend.
on July 31, 2014
I did not know that Gerber made other things aside from baby food, but apparently they do and do it just as well. After little Carl, the son of my friend Rick, found this in an abandoned car on the highway, I knew I had to have my own set! It is not as cool as the crossbow that my bud Daryl carries around, but he is also a bad ass biker, so I would need more than the crossbow to be that cool. The only thing better than this kit is Michonne's (another one of my buddies) sword (I think is a Katana, or maybe that is also a motorcycle) but those seem a lot harder to find and to handle with mastery the way she does. It has been tough in the Georgia area during this apocalyptic times. but some comforts remain and Amazon is one of those. Now if only they would carry guns, I could ditch the drab looking 19 shooter semi-auto 9mm and get me a slick looking long revolver (even if it only carries six bullets) like Rick's!