Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 96 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 116 reviews
on January 9, 2013
I bought this product approx 1 year ago to supplement/add on to my lightweight survivor kit. The main reason for me to get his product is for the small Gerber knife and the fire steel. For the price of less than seventeen bucks, the knife and fire steel by themselves are worth the price. I need a small knife for my mountaineering survivor kit and the small folding knife suit my needs and work as I wanted it to. REMEMBER, this kit is less than seventee bucks, my expectation is way low and you should not have high expectations too. Other review has pretty much discussed all the pros and cons and what's good or bad here are just my brief points

Pros : 1.) Knife is small but decent quality for its type and class - great for light weight survivor gear or for mountaineering purposes. 2.)Fire Steel works and flawlessly. 3.) Price point is very attractive.

Cons : 1.) Other than the knife, Fire Steel and maybe the matches, the rest of the stuff can be replace - Snare wire is week, cord is not 550 paracords, whistle can be replace with multifunction ones. 2.)Item missing for real survivial suitation - no means of shelter and water purification.

Recommendation :- The bag is a good start but I would replace the cord, snare wire and whistle with those of more robust products. I would also add some kind of emergency bivy/blanket and water purification tablets.

Overall :- I'm happy with the product due to the price to value ratio and not necessarily for completeness or for the namesake of Bear. I would recommend this product as a good starter kit for someone.

DMAN
on February 2, 2014
Product is as described. The outer pouch is good quality material & construction. Like the emergency help symbols being on it. Has inner clear H2O proof bag with all items inside. Not sure what the copper wire would snare; it is very thin; could be useful for something. Not sure what the cord that came in kit is for either, but again, it could be useful. The knife and fire starter are useful items of good quality for the price. H2O proof matches come with striker. I would want to put both the cotton ball and matches in a small container instead of having them loose in the inner plastic bag. This would be good item to have in a day pack, a backpack, in tackle box, or glove compartment for emergencies. Compact size is good and bright color makes for ease in finding in whatever you carry or store it in.
One little kit. A few dollars. Maybe your life. Aall the little stuff most people would forget to grab in an emergency. The means for 2 of the most essential survival skills. Food and fire. I have a kit in the glovebox, just in case.
on July 5, 2015
I really liked everything in this kit except for the striker on the flint and steel. I understand that you have to scrape off the flint, but the silver striker is absolutely terrible from what I've seen from it. The best thing you can do is use the cerated part from the knife that comes with it. If the striker was better, I would rate this 6/5 because of the price and the contents.
on April 15, 2016
This is the best starter survival kit available. The rip stop bag can be filled with a lot of gear, including an SOL blanket. It will still fit in most pockets when full. All included components are good quality. Don't under value the pocket guide. You need a clear head and a plan. Thanks Bear.
on January 26, 2014
I got this kit to serve as the beginnings of a more complete kit. The pouch has extra room which I filled with a space blanket, signal mirror, button compass, bandaids & antibiotic cream, a pencil stub & a few sheets of Rite in the Rain paper, a photon flashlight, a bottle of water purification tablets, a water storage bag, and a few vaseline-impregnated cotton balls. Now I feel like a have a fairly complete personal survival kit that still fits in the back pocket of my jeans.
on June 20, 2016
Everything you need to survive a night or two in the woods... In a small, convenient little pack.
on December 15, 2015
Got this for an xmas gift for my "outdorsy" brother. He liked it. it's a great little gift for someone who is not Bear Grylls.....
on December 4, 2016
This has a bunch of neat little things in the kit.
on November 19, 2013
Good deal for the price (about $20). Would have cost more individually. The instructions with it are excellent. But for tinder, instead of a cotton ball, I keep my dryer lint. Dryer lint ignites faster; which is why you want to always keep your dryer lint screen very clean.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.