|Part Number||G0581_Taille XL|
|Item Weight||7.2 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||9.1 x 5.2 x 0.1 inches|
|Item model number||31-000581|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Warranty Description||Lifetime Warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Gerber Answer FAST XL Knife, Serrated Edge, Tanto [31-000581]
|Price:||$49.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$60.01 (55%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Rugged and reliable design in all our products
- Can be used in various military, hunting, survival, tactical, industrial and outdoor situations
- All products are field tested
- F.A.S.T. (forward action spring technology)
- Textured inlay, for secure grip in all conditions
- Black anodized aluminum handle, lightweight and discreet
- Partially serrated tanto point tactical blade
- Open length 9.3-Inch, blade length 4.0-Inch and closed length 5.5-Inch
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
The first thing I noticed is that the blade was loose when drawn, unfortunately, this meant the blade would wiggle around during use. This is a huge contrast from the FAST draw serrated knife, which were both extremely tight upon opening.
Whipping out a torx screwdriver set soon fixed the problem, however, within 4-5 weeks, very minimal use, the thumbstud had popped out and was lost some time during a camping trip. Then it loosened up again.
Gerber knives have always exceeded my standards, I'm sad to say that this was a far cry from their normal worksmanship, however, I will say that the FAST draw serrated knife (stainless steel) that I received was well made, and thus far have had no issues.
By the time the issues were apparent, I attempted to return the item, but I was outside of the 30 day return policy. If Gerber would send a replacement knife, I would be happy to update the item's rating, as long as the replacement was of the standard Gerber Quality.
1. Overall good quality materials are used in the construction of the knife. Design is great too, its is not overly bulky.
2. Belt clip works well for me just be careful when clipping to anything other then the belt or jeans. The knife is heavy and will slide out of your pocket if the pocket compartment of your garment is slightly inverted (while driving).
3. Handle is very well designed to provide grip in wet conditions. (Rubbery inserts do help.)
4. Finally, good size blade for a folder. Blade is sharp out of the box, made of good steal. Fairly durable coating helps to prevent rust and conceal the true nature of the object in your hand:) I haven't experienced issues with wobbly blade as reported in some of the reviews here. Mine was and still is tight. FAST works well for me, flawless in execution every time. That said, I do take care of it and I do not use it for an axe.
Cons: I really can't think of any.
Bottom line: There are better knifes out there that is certain. But for the price, I am convinced that this is the best bargain out there if you are looking for an everyday driver.
Cons: Not made in America and the belt clip was moved from the butt of the handle to the pivot side, and it was easier to use on the butt side for my usage.
Overall: YES! YES! and more YES!
Well, It's been almost a year since i bought this, and I still carry it with me daily. I had to send it into Gerber for warrenty work, the main screws that hold the blade came loose. The locking switch gets gummed up on the inside from being in my pocket too. Still a sturdy knife, and with a good sharpener, it still holds an edge.
A further addition, I have since had to send it into Gerber for work, the hindge screw came loose and the saftey was gumming up. They promptly sent me a brand new one, no questions. The new one seems a bit better then the first, showing an improvement in manufacutring process and attendion to quality control. I cannot say enough good about Gerber as a compnay, and it's sad that many overlook them for Kershaw, SOG, and Leatherman only. Nothing against those comapnies, but open your options and you might find exactly what you wanted in Gerber.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very sharp and clean. Had to take off a star for how hard it is to open. I got out of the shower once and tried to open it and it actually ripped off the top layer of skin on my... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Great knife. So far I have put this knife through hell (sand, water, dirt, metal to metal, and the Middle East). Read morePublished 1 month ago by Austyn marks
Very good knife but after the tenth time opening the thumb stud came offPublished 2 months ago by Jeff M Lohman
Clip can be better placed. Clip screw not set right, stripped.Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
Haven't had that long yet but so far it's performing as well as expected ....new spring was super stiff to break in but other then that no problems... Read morePublished 4 months ago by gino martin
About to order my second gerber xl tanto. The first one last me almost exactly 3 years. Used almost every single day.Published 6 months ago by Sean
Im giving it a 2 just because of the weak opening assist. Other than that, it's a typical Gerber.Published 6 months ago by erik