|Item Weight||10.4 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||2.8 x 1.5 x 5.7 inches|
|California residents||Click here for Proposition 65 warning|
|Item model number||07563|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||5|
|Warranty Description||Limited Lifetime Warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
Gerber MP600 Pro Scout Multi-Plier, Needle Nose, Stainless 
Find the perfect gift for the tools professionals and DIYers in your life Learn more
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||1.5 x 2.81 x 5.69 in||1.5 x 2.81 x 5.69 in||—||1.8 x 5.7 x 3.1 in||2.25 x 9.5 x 1 in|
|Item Weight||—||0.6 lb||0.5 lb||0.66 lb||0.85 lb|
Like the men and women who carry our gear, Gerber is Unstoppable. Decades of innovation and dedication have put us here. Renowned as a master of knives and tools, Gerber's problem-solving, life-saving products are designed with the unique needs of specific activities in mind. Today that includes much more than a blade.
The Gerber Pro Scout Needle-Nose Multi-Plier with Sheath features a one-handed plier opening for ease of use. No handle rotation or gyrations are necessary to open the Pro Scout -- just a flick of the wrist slides the plier jaws into the locked and ready position. The locking system is safe and easy to use with components locking up against a solid bar of steel, rather than a spring. It also features independent tool rotation, allowing access to components you want without other tools following it out. The multi-plier includes needle-nose pliers, wire cutter, crimper, standard/metric scale, crosshead screwdriver, bottle/can opener, serrated sheepsfoot blade, drop point blade, Fiskars scissors, replaceable saw blade, file, lanyard ring, and small, medium, and large flathead screwdrivers. The multi-plier comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
What's in the Box
Multi-plier and sheath.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Interchangeable blade is a great idea
- Scissors are Fiskar and actually great quality
- One-handed slide-style pliers are MUCH better than the fold-out type
- Solid, quality feel
- Wire cutters at back of pliers jaw are strong
- Locking system works on all tools, not just knife blade
- Takes a bit to loosen up - slide is tight at first
- Carrying case is not too great
- Screwdriver is not great for tight locations as the tool has to be closed to use
Overall, a fantastic multi-tool. These come in a variety of sizes and with different tools, so you can really select what you like. One last thought - I bought eight of these and each one showed up greasy and almost used looking. Gerber QC could improve on the out of the package cleanliness.
Before I got my Gerber again, I looked at the leatherman tools - Wave and Juice models, and the swiss army tool. The reviews on the leaterhman looked good, and I really liked the juice, but their seems to be a problem with the wire cutters being of softer metal and that being a problem. I cut alot of wire and this would be an issue.
The Juice models look really cool, but they are more pocket knives than multitools. Other than that, I think they will give swiss army knife users a serious alternative. But, as a multitool, they really aren't.
I really liked the Swiss Tool from Victorinox. But, and I just couln't believe this, it didn't have a scissors! Yet every swiss army knife I have owned always has had one? Someone was really asleep at the switch on that one!
The pliers on the Gerber do yeoman duty. They are tough, they open wide and you can really exert comfortable leverage.
The ability to use the optional bit adaptor for any 1/4" bit is just way useful. The second most used blade on my tools are the screwdrivers and there never seems to be the right size - with this, it just isn't a problem anymore. You can get the PERFECT bit for the job and always have it with you.
I also like the sheath better on the Gerber than for the SOG. But i do miss the ability to be able to clip it onto by belt instead of thread it. You would think there would be a great 3rd party tool sheath out there, but there really isn't (that meets my specs).
My complaints with this tool - or at least what I would like to see:
- Serrated knife: For some reason, there seems to be an infatuation with multitool mfgs with serrated knives. They have a place, but boy, are they hard to sharpen. A sharp straight edge will do 90% of what a serrated blade will do and is far easier to sharpen and touch up. The Gerber has a half serrated knife and it would be much better if it were a straight edge.
- Using the pliers is the most common use of this for me. However, it would be nicer if there was an easier way to get blades out without having to open the jaws first. This isn't a big deal, but it can get tricky.
- I would like the sheath to have one of those hook style serious clip sheaths. If they substituted this on the vs the belt loop on the sheath, I would be happy. Everytime you undo the belt, the tool and sheath want to slide off and drop to the floor.
I also bought, but did not receive yet, the Legend 800. I had a budget for multitools and the pricing on Amazon was such that I could buy both the Pro Scout and Legend for the same price as a Legend elsewhere. I uses these things so much that having one handy at home and for the boat really works well.