|Item Weight||0.3 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||3.1 x 1.3 x 0.7 inches|
|Item model number||22-01769|
|Size||Pack of 1|
|Color||Stainless Steel - Titanium Coating|
|Item Package Quantity||1|
|Number Of Pieces||6|
|Warranty Description||Limited Warranty|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Gerber Shard Keychain Tool [22-01769]
|Price:||$7.13 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Order it now.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Lightweight and airline safe
- Titanium nitride coating for corrosion resistance
- Perfect size with the basics to carry anywhere
- Includes: small and medium flat driver; Philips head driver
- Includes: wire stripper, pry bar, bottle opener, lanyard hole
This item is available because of the Add-on program
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: Gerber Shard Keychain Tool [22-01769]
Infora Utility TU247 KeyTool Multitool Set B007IOHPEU
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||VirVentures||FT-Four||yiyuezhuo||Hardware Sales Inc.|
|Item Weight||0.02 pounds||0.1 pounds||0.25 pounds||1 pounds|
|Dimensions||0 inches x 0 inches x 0 inches||0.3 inches x 3.2 inches x 1 inches||0.79 inches x 1.96 inches x 0.12 inches||3 inches x 2 inches x 1.25 inches|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Don't let its size fool you, the Gerber Shard keychain tool is the perfect companion when you want just the basics. With a shape of its own, the Shard has seven useful functions: small flat driver, medium flat driver, cross driver, pry bar, wire stripper, lanyard hole, and bottle opener. It is light enough to carry on your keychain, but tough and durable enough for everyday use. The Shard is made of stainless steel with a titanium coating, and it measures 2.75 inches. It's backed by a limited lifetime warranty.
Top Customer Reviews
The real one was sturdy and well made. The phillips screwdriver is precise, and the pry bar seems sturdy. The "V" shape wire stripper seems like it would work well for the intended purpose.
The second imitation one was slightly thinner, and the quality was obviously lacking. The "V" shaped wire stripper was more a "U" shape, making it useless for the intended purpose. The regular screwdrivers weren't flat either, so they aren't very useful. overall, I would consider the fake one pretty much useless.
I've included pictures of the original beside the fake. The genuine product is a great purchase, just be careful and get it from a trustworthy source.
1. Bottle opener = works well and looks more respectable on my keychain over the Coors Light one I had on there
2 & 3. Small and medium flat drivers = too wide for most screws that you might use
4. Philips screwdriver = works well with smaller head screws but not helpful on even medium sized screws
5. Wire stripper = not very effective as you have to be very careful so as not to rip the wire, much easier to use a normal wire stripper
6. Pry bar = very effective, I was able to open a can of paint with no problems
7. lanyard/keychain attachment hole (kind of a stretch calling this a use) = large lanyard hole which easily accommodates key chains or hooking to your pack
In terms of the 7 uses, I would say besides the bottle opener the pry bar is the only really other "useful tool. Overall though, if you're looking to replace your free Budweiser or Coors Light bottle opener on your keychain, then this is a great tool. You get a lot of "wow that's cool" factor.
This is not for everybody. It is a handy makeshift tool to have on hand, not a replacement for real tools. You can tear open a box, unscrew a couple screws , open a paint can, etc.
Here are the reasons to buy this in my opinion:
1) If you use the Shard on a key chain, you can stick your keys to a magnet, like a bucky cube. Much quicker to attach and retrieve than hanging on hooks.
2) Attach a magnet to the Shard while unscrewing Philips screws -- helps keep from dropping or losing screws as you remove them.
3) Bottle opener (with a magnet stuck to it) ... you can see a theme here right? Remove a bottle cap and instead of it rolling across the floor it sticks to the Shard.
4) There is no four ... just wanted to reiterate that I love magnets.
5) Prybar works. The philips screwdriver works pretty well as an awl to poke holes.
Reasons not to buy:
1) you wear nice clothing and carry this in your pocket it may tear or damage the cloth. You might be able to sand down the edges, but let's face it, this just isn't something you will carry around.
2) You don't want to support products that falsely claim to do things, such as strip wires.
3) You rarely find the need to pry things open
4) You dislike sharp edges and like refined designs
Overall a tough and useful tool to have around, but has design flaws. If you have need of what it does, it is a good buy.
...and I love it! The prying capability is great, and I think all three screwdriver tips are very useful. Now come on, you don't want to assemble a 74,000-piece Ikea bookcase with it but for what you'd use it for, it's awesome. I wrapped mine in a short piece of hollowed out paracord and it's going to be a long-time companion. My only gripe is the weight: While not heavy, it's not as light as I would prefer (about the weight of 2-3 standard keys). No worries- I just took off 2 keys I never use anyway.
Note to Gerber: Make this EXACT tool in titanium--no matter the cost (Atwood)--and you will have the PERFECT tool. Until then, 4.5 stars. Enjoy! (oh, and it's a complete bargain at <$10)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Keep on a small keyring, comes in handy more than I realized it wouldPublished 10 hours ago by Austin Sullivan
This is a solid everyday carry tool to keep on your keychain. It will get mildly scratched but it doesn't affect the functionality. Read morePublished 1 day ago by β Ori
The Gerber Shard is just the right size for your key chain. I've put it to use a number of times and when people see it suddenly it becomes a conversation piece. Read morePublished 3 days ago by El Muan
Useful little widget. Great for prying stuff. The bottle opener could work a bit better, though.Published 5 days ago by P.T.
I got this primarily as to serve as a minimalist bottle opener on my FreeKey System keychain, and it does just that. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Bee Neuf