- Clip this coupon to save 10% on this product when you buy from Amazon.com. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "GermGuardian AC5250PT 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System w..." and save 56% off the $229.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Asurion Personal Care Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Mechanical and electrical failures are covered after manufacturer warranty expires
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- Protection when you need it from a name you can trust
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
GermGuardian AC5250PT 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System with Pet Pure True HEPA Filter, UV-C Sanitizer, Allergen and Odor Reduction, 28-Inch Digital Air Purifier
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- True HEPA + Pet Pure Treatment: True HEPA captures 99.97% of allergens including pet dander, dust mites and pollen. The Pet Pure is an antimicrobial agent added to the filter to inhibit the growth of mold, mildew and odor-causing bacteria on the surface of the filter.
- Air Purifiers with Charcoal filters reduce common odors from pets, smoking and cooking
- UV-C light technology works with Titanium Dioxide to kill airborne bacteria, viruses, germs and mold spores
- 28 inch digital tower with 5 speeds is best used for medium to large rooms and CADR rated 125+
- IMPORTANT: Use GENUINE Guardian Technologies replacement parts to maintain product performance and warranty. Only one single filter needs to be replaced every 6-8 months depending on the use of the product; Replacement filter is filter C Pet- Model FLT5250PT (ASIN B00A9JHQ1I). To lengthen the life of your filter, a 4 pack of the carbon filters is also available - Model FLT28CB4 (ASIN B017ANUUTA). Voltage: 120V 60Hz
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Use Genuine Parts for Best Performance and Warranty
Replacement Filter is Filter C model FLT5250PT.
- It is important to use only Genuine Guardian Technologies replacement parts to maintain product performance and the warranty
- Using non-genuine parts will void your warranty
- Only one single filter needs to be replaced every 6-8 months depending on the use of the product
- To lengthen the life of your filter, a 4 pack of the carbon filters is also available
Germ Guardian 3-in-1 Pet Pure Air Cleaning System
With True HEPA Filter, UV-C Sanitizer and Odor Reduction
The 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System is perfect for allergy sufferers. True HEPA captures 99.97% of allergens including pet dander, dust mites and pollen. The Pet Pure is an antimicrobial agent added to the filter to inhibit the growth of mold, mildew and odor-causing bacteria on the surface of the filter. According to the American Academy of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, doctors recommend HEPA air filtration to reduce exposure to indoor asthma triggers. More than just a filter, the UV-C light kills germs, while the charcoal filter captures odors. CADR Rated 125+ and standing 28 inches tall, it is lightweight and ideal to use in both medium to large rooms. The easy to use digital display panel includes UV-C control, a filter change indicator and an up to 8 hour timer. 5 speeds provide high speed allergen control down to ultra-quiet sleep mode.
- True HEPA Filtration + Pet Pure Treatment
- CADR Rated 125+ (Clean Air Delivery Rate)
- Great for Medium and Large Sized Rooms
- 11"L x 6.75"W x 27.25"H
- 5 Fans Speeds
- UV-C Control
- Filter Change Reminder
- Energy Star Qualified
- 5-Year Limited Warranty
- Voltage: 120V 60H
What a Germ Guardian Air Purifier will Do for You and Your Home
True HEPA captures 99.97% of Pollen, Dust Mites, Pet Dander and Mold.
UV-C Power kills airborne Bacteria, Viruses and Mold Spores.
Charcoal filter Reduces common odors from Pets, Smoking and Cooking.
This Air Cleaning System is More than Just a Filter
Multiple levels of cleaning include HEPA, UV-C and Charcoal to help improve your indoor air quality.
Why True HEPA Filtration?
Common household allergens can trigger and asthma or allergy attack. HEPA filters trap 99.97% of particles down to .3 microns in size, reducing airborne allergens in your home.
Did You Know?
- Indoor air levels of many pollutants may be 2-5 times, and occasionally, more than 100 times higher than outdoor levels
- People spend a lot of time indoors – in fact Americans, on average, spend approximately 90 percent of their time indoors
HEPA Air Filtration Systems to reduce exposure to Indoor Asthma Triggers.
UV-C Light Destroys the DNA of Germs Eliminating their Ability to Reproduce.
The GermGuardian 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System can be kept running all night thanks to ultra-quiet operation.
This product is CADR rated 125+ and is Certified Energy Efficient.
Guardian Technologies offers a full range of small appliance-based solutions which make it easy for people to live healthier and happier lives at home. Products include air purifiers, uv air sanitizers, ultrasonic humidifiers, dehumidifiers, essential oil diffusers and essential aromatherapy oils.
The 3-in-1 True HEPA Air Purifier is perfect for allergy sufferers. True HEPA captures 99.97% of allergens including pet dander, dust mites and pollen. The Pet Pure is an antimicrobial agent added to the filter to inhibit the growth of mold, mildew and odor-causing bacteria on the surface of the filter. According to the American Academy of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, doctors recommend HEPA air filtration to reduce exposure to indoor asthma triggers. More than just a filter, the UV-C light kills germs, while the charcoal filter captures odors. CADR Rated 125+ and standing 28 inches tall, it is lightweight and ideal to use in both medium to large rooms. The easy to use digital display panel includes UV-C control, a filter change indicator and an up to 8 hour timer. 5 speeds provide high speed allergen control down to ultra-quiet sleep mode.
Voltage: 120V 60Hz
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Compare to similar items
Top customer reviews
I have also submitted a report to the CPSC. I'm concerned that this could happen to others and they may not be home to unplug their unit and then it could end up possibly catching fire. The unit I have was ordered in September 2014 and it has a Mfg code of 1415A and serial number 1404008182.
So i plugged this thing in downstairs and turned it up to level 5 and turned on the light to kill anything it can that gets cycled through it. As some reviews say there is a smell... my unit had zero initial running smell/ odor about it. I came downstairs and could tell the air was a little fresher but didn't really pay to much attention to it. I Then moved it into our bedroom so it could clean up/ kill anything bad in there we couldn't see, smell, taste, feel etc.. so i turned it on high and closed the door. I returned a couple hours later to get something out of the room and as soon as i walked in I felt the lightest, cleanest , best smelling tasting feeling air ever! So much of a huge noticeable improvement, I told the wife to check it out in case i was over reacting and she was blown away how fresh the air was.
If your looking to clear stale air, odors, dusty air etc.... this will do the job. $ I got the unit for $150 and I was questioning spending that much, especially since it takes replacement filters every 6-8 months opposed to just cleaning the blades off like other air cleaners, but i think its the Hepa filter that needs replacing. Either way, I was skeptical at spending the money and I always do mega research to make sure its not cheaper somewhere else, if this model is really better then others etc. etc. etc. and I couldn't be happier. The lightest air I ever breathed! I just stand in the room taking full deep breaths of air cause it smells so fresh and clean and clear and light..... its so unbelievable to me. Next is to move it back downstairs and let it run a few days and clean that big area up. The bedroom cleaned up in hours.... the downstairs is so large it will probably take longer.
The illuminated display is easy to read and understand, and the controls are straightforward. The fan has 5 speed levels; on the lowest one you can hardly hear it, and it's not even very noticeable on medium speed. The unlit flat touch-buttons are for power, fan speed, UV on/off, and an optional 1-8 hour timer (after which it turns off). There's also a recessed reset button for the filter reminder (it's easy to remove and replace the filter).
I measured the power usage with my little Belkin power meter - with fan on max and UV on, it's 63 watts; with fan on the lowest setting and UV off it's 33 watts. So running it all the time shouldn't be too costly.
When the UV light is on a blue strip around the top lights up, and there's a slight odor of ozone (which I don't find unpleasant, but which might not be healthy to breathe all day - but that's what kills the germs). If you look into the front grill at just the right angle, you can see a little bit of the bluish UV light (probably not a good idea to stare at it for long).
The only negative is that for the first 2-3 days, there was an odor kind of like a combination of a blown-out match and a plastic chemical smell. But since it didn't really smell like melting electrical parts, I waited it out and it went away eventually.
And as others have mentioned, the air it blows out goes off mostly to one side, not straight out. But that's not a big deal for me since it's just sitting in the middle of the room.
P.S. Now that I've had it for a while I'm still very happy with it and it's working fine. I did notice one minor issue which may be a bigger deal for some people - if the power is lost while it's running, it'll stay shut off even when power is restored - you have to press the on/off button to start it up again.
UPDATE: UV LIGHT LIFETIME
This isn't in the instructions... after about 9 months the UV icon on the display started to blink. I contacted the manufacturer and they told me this means it's time to replace the UV light tube. Apparently even though the light is still visible inside the unit, over time it loses effectiveness, and I did notice less of an ozone odor by then. I haven't replaced the tube yet, but you can stop the blinking by holding down the UV button for 5 seconds.