Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Personal Care Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's labor warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
GermGuardian GG1000 Pluggable UV-C Sanitizer and Deodorizer, Kills Germs, Freshens Air and Reduces Odors from Pets, Smoke, Mold, Cooking and Laundry, Germ Guardian Air Purifier
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Provides cleaner, fresher air in your home using the power of UV-C light technology.
- Gets rid of nasty odors caused by, smoke, lingering laundry, pets, unpleasant cooking smells, or even from the diaper pail in your nursery.
- Reduces the spread of germs by attacking microscopic airborne bacteria, viruses and mold spores as they pass through the UV-C Air Purifier light.
- UV-C light kills germs without the use of chemicals. Not recommended for outdoor use. UV-C bulb will last between 4,000 and 5,000 hours
- IMPORTANT: Use GENUINE Guardian Technologies replacement parts to maintain product performance and warranty. Replacement part is LB1000 (ASIN B001TLRSOA). Voltage: 120V 60Hz
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Use Genuine Parts for Best Performance and Warranty
Replacement UV-C Bulb is Model LB1000.
- It is important to use only Genuine Guardian Technologies replacement parts to maintain product performance and the warranty
- Using non-genuine parts will void your warranty
- Bulb should be replaced every 6-8 months depending on use and environmental factors
Germ Guardian UV-C Air Sanitizer and Deodorizer
Germs and odors beware! The Germ Guardian Pluggable UV-C Sanitizer and Deodorizer provides your home with fresher, cleaner air. UV-C light destroys the DNA of germs eliminating their ability to reproduce. UV-C light kills germs without the use of chemicals. Odors caused by last night's dinner or your teens overflowing laundry basket are no match for the power of UV-C. This air purifier is easy to operate and requires no set up or assembly. Its sleek and compact design is ideal for small spaces. Just plug it in to a wall socket to destroy bacteria and fight odors from cooking, mildew, smoke, pet areas and more.
- Great to use in Small Sized Rooms
- Easy to Use - Runs on 1 Fan Speed
- No Filters to Clean or Replace
- 1-Year Limited Warranty.
What Are UV Air Sanitizers?
Simply put, UV Air Sanitizers utilize UV-C, which is part of the ultraviolet light spectrum that is filtered out by the earth’s atmosphere, to kill airborne germs. The goal is to reduce or eliminate the actual growth or development of microbiological organisms such as fungi, bacteria, or viruses.
How Do UV Sanitizers Work?
UV-C light destroys the DNA of germs eliminating their ability to reproduce. Titanium Dioxide enhances killing efficiency and odor elimination.
Why UV-C Technology?
- UV-C is not a new technology. It has been actually been used for over 100 years in various applications to kill germs on surfaces, in the air and in the water
- UV-C has been proven to kill up to 99.9% of germs
- Many hospitals use UV-C to sanitize rooms, medical tools, sinks and more
Sanitize and Destroy Odors in Small Spaces
Plug it in your bathroom, or any area where there tends to be moisture which can cause mold or mildew.
Plug it in near your litter box, dog bed or crate to fight odors caused by your pet.
Plug it in your kitchen to eliminate the odors from last nights dinner.
Plug it in near your changing table or diaper pail to help sanitize and fight odors.
Germs and odors beware! The GermGuardian Pluggable UV-C Sanitizer and Deodorizer provides your home with fresher, cleaner air. UV-C light destroys the DNA of germs eliminating their ability to reproduce. UV-C light kills germs without the use of chemicals. Odors caused by last night's dinner or your teens overflowing laundry basket are no match for the power of UV-C. It's easy to operate and requires no set up or assembly. Its sleek and compact design is ideal for small spaces. Just plug it in to a wall socket to destroy bacteria and fight odors from cooking, mildew, smoke, pet areas and more.
Impure Air, Respiratory problems, Air Cleansing
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We purchased two and they arrived yesterday. We plugged one in underneath our sink where it smelled like mildew. This morning, the mildew smell is gone, which is great, but there is an unusually strong sweet smell in its place and my face started to tingle and feel weird when I looked underneath the sink.
I read two studies this morning that report that the combination of UV-C and titanium dioxide (or PCO (Photocatalytic Oxidiation) which is what powers this GermGuardian) does indeed break down mold spores and VOCs...but it breaks them down into simple molecules like formaldehyde and other aldehydes:
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
"The researchers found that because of incomplete decomposition of the VOC's in the inlet air stream there was a net production of formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, formic acid and acetic acid. Of particular concern was that the outlet concentrations of formaldehyde and acetaldehyde were 3.4 and 4.6 times the inlet concentrations, respectively. Both formaldehyde and acetaldehyde are recognized as important indoor toxicants. Formaldehyde is classified as a human carcinogen."
Science Daily source Concordia University
"Imagine if, in an effort to clean the air more efficiently, you were involuntarily introducing chemicals more dangerous than the ones you were trying to scrub. Concordia University researchers have found that this exact situation is happening with a type of air filter called photocatalytic oxidation (PCO), a product already on the market. The chemical by-product? Formaldehyde, a known human carcinogen."
I'd like to hear from the GermGuardian people about this. It looks like a very serious health hazard that is created by these devices.
Well now I know that it was probably the humidity levels that were the issue. I'm in a very dry climate. My basement is cooler and has higher relative humidity than the rest of my house. So elsewhere in the house, I was getting ozone but little to no hydroxyl. Ozone is prone to leave breakdown products from VOCs. Here is a study of an industrial-level-remediation hydroxyl generator, which indicated it took about five days to completely break down house-fire type smoke odors in a testing room. http://envair.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Mike_Pinto_Hydroxyl_Radicals_for_Fire_Restoration_Part_2_Study_Final.pdf. They don't discuss humidity but this one does http://hydroxyltruths.com/Comparison-UVSystems%20Total%204-15-13.pdf.
Just found some mold on my pantry floor from a leaky container of fruit. Pulled out several cardboard containers with visible mold. Sprayed this https://www.amazon.com/EnviroKlenz-Fragrance-Free-Non-Toxic-Treatment-Upholstery/dp/B01I00V9II all over the floor and put my Germ Guardian in the pantry with a jar of water and a fabric pad sticking out to help diffuse it into the air. So get busy lil hydroxyls and decontaminate my pantry! I will leave it for several days and re-evaluate. Seems weird to be adding humidity to the air where mold is found, but we'll see. So far no nasty odors from the Germ Guardian like before.
I could have remedied this by closing the bathroom door, but then my cat would not be able to use the littler box and this would defeat the purpose. I really wanted to like this product because of its compact size and the fact that it does help clean the air. However, the noise was too much and it was far from pleasing... specially at night when trying to sleep.
- Fairly compact
- Cleans the air of some rooms such as bathrooms
- Loud, sounds like a hair dryer
- Does emit a fair amount of light
Most recent customer reviews
FYI it does make a slight humming noise but I hardly even...Read more