Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Asurion Personal Care Extended Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins at the end of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
GermGuardian GG1000 Pluggable UV-C Sanitizer and Deodorizer, Kills Germs, Freshens Air and Reduces Odors from Pets, Smoke, Mold, Cooking and Laundry, Germ Guardian Air Purifier
|Price:||$30.92 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Provides cleaner, fresher air in your home using the power of UV-C light technology.
- Gets rid of nasty odors caused by, smoke, lingering laundry, pets, unpleasant cooking smells, or even from the diaper pail in your nursery.
- Reduces the spread of germs by attacking microscopic airborne bacteria, viruses and mold spores as they pass through the UV-C Air Purifier light.
- UV-C light kills germs without the use of chemicals. Not recommended for outdoor use. UV-C bulb will last between 4,000 and 5,000 hours
- IMPORTANT: Use GENUINE Guardian Technologies replacement parts to maintain product performance and warranty. Replacement part is LB1000 (ASIN B001TLRSOA). Voltage: 120V 60Hz
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Use Genuine Parts for Best Performance and Warranty
Replacement UV-C Bulb is Model LB1000.
- It is important to use only Genuine Guardian Technologies replacement parts to maintain product performance and the warranty
- Using non-genuine parts will void your warranty
- Bulb should be replaced every 6-8 months depending on use and environmental factors
Germ Guardian UV-C Air Sanitizer and Deodorizer
Germs and odors beware! The Germ Guardian Pluggable UV-C Sanitizer and Deodorizer provides your home with fresher, cleaner air. UV-C light destroys the DNA of germs eliminating their ability to reproduce. UV-C light kills germs without the use of chemicals. Odors caused by last night's dinner or your teens overflowing laundry basket are no match for the power of UV-C. This air purifier is easy to operate and requires no set up or assembly. Its sleek and compact design is ideal for small spaces. Just plug it in to a wall socket to destroy bacteria and fight odors from cooking, mildew, smoke, pet areas and more.
- Great to use in Small Sized Rooms
- Easy to Use - Runs on 1 Fan Speed
- No Filters to Clean or Replace
- 1-Year Limited Warranty.
What Are UV Air Sanitizers?
Simply put, UV Air Sanitizers utilize UV-C, which is part of the ultraviolet light spectrum that is filtered out by the earth’s atmosphere, to kill airborne germs. The goal is to reduce or eliminate the actual growth or development of microbiological organisms such as fungi, bacteria, or viruses.
How Do UV Sanitizers Work?
UV-C light destroys the DNA of germs eliminating their ability to reproduce. Titanium Dioxide enhances killing efficiency and odor elimination.
Why UV-C Technology?
- UV-C is not a new technology. It has been actually been used for over 100 years in various applications to kill germs on surfaces, in the air and in the water
- UV-C has been proven to kill up to 99.9% of germs
- Many hospitals use UV-C to sanitize rooms, medical tools, sinks and more
Sanitize and Destroy Odors in Small Spaces
Plug it in your bathroom, or any area where there tends to be moisture which can cause mold or mildew.
Plug it in near your litter box, dog bed or crate to fight odors caused by your pet.
Plug it in your kitchen to eliminate the odors from last nights dinner.
Plug it in near your changing table or diaper pail to help sanitize and fight odors.
Compare with similar items
Germs and odors beware! The GermGuardian Pluggable UV-C Sanitizer and Deodorizer provides your home with fresher, cleaner air. UV-C light destroys the DNA of germs eliminating their ability to reproduce. UV-C light kills germs without the use of chemicals. Odors caused by last night's dinner or your teens overflowing laundry basket are no match for the power of UV-C. It's easy to operate and requires no set up or assembly. Its sleek and compact design is ideal for small spaces. Just plug it in to a wall socket to destroy bacteria and fight odors from cooking, mildew, smoke, pet areas and more.
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
We purchased two and they arrived yesterday. We plugged one in underneath our sink where it smelled like mildew. This morning, the mildew smell is gone, which is great, but there is an unusually strong sweet smell in its place and my face started to tingle and feel weird when I looked underneath the sink.
I read two studies this morning that report that the combination of UV-C and titanium dioxide (or PCO (Photocatalytic Oxidiation) which is what powers this GermGuardian) does indeed break down mold spores and VOCs...but it breaks them down into simple molecules like formaldehyde and other aldehydes:
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
"The researchers found that because of incomplete decomposition of the VOC's in the inlet air stream there was a net production of formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, formic acid and acetic acid. Of particular concern was that the outlet concentrations of formaldehyde and acetaldehyde were 3.4 and 4.6 times the inlet concentrations, respectively. Both formaldehyde and acetaldehyde are recognized as important indoor toxicants. Formaldehyde is classified as a human carcinogen."
Science Daily source Concordia University
"Imagine if, in an effort to clean the air more efficiently, you were involuntarily introducing chemicals more dangerous than the ones you were trying to scrub. Concordia University researchers have found that this exact situation is happening with a type of air filter called photocatalytic oxidation (PCO), a product already on the market. The chemical by-product? Formaldehyde, a known human carcinogen."
I'd like to hear from the GermGuardian people about this. It looks like a very serious health hazard that is created by these devices.
Some people complain about these units.. saying there is low airflow through them. I'll let you in on a little secret.. it takes some time in contact with light to kill germs in the air. If the air moved too fast the germs would not have enough contact time with the light to die. Put the unit in an area where the air moves around it. Perhaps near a door or in a room with a ceiling fan that normally runs. If you put it in the corner of a room with dead air.. its going to purify the heck out of that corner.. :)
I placed the unit on a kill-a-watt meter tonight and it registered a constant draw of 9 watts. Thats pretty great as far as air purifiers are concerned. I have electronics that draw more than that when they are off. Costco has them 2 for $67 and Lowes has them for $39 ea (then you find one of the MANY coupons for Lowes like $10 off a $25 purchase.. exc).
The technology behind the units is a little questionable and I was not able to find links to the documented evidence of their effectiveness. They claim Harvard did test this product.. hope thats true but I would like to see the source of that claim posted somewhere. UV-C bulbs have been around for a long time, but for some reason they are just now showing up in this kind of a product with no real description as to why that is.
The bulbs only last one year and I cant find replacements locally (yet) so minus one star for that.. otherwise.. good job. Hope its for real. I went back to Lowes today to get another one and they were sold out.
UPDATE: Year and a half later, first bulb replacement (should have been done at the one year mark.. I guess). I took the opportunity to use a duster can and blow out all the dust that had built up in the units over 18 months of continuous use. Wiped down the outsides with Windex. Back in business.