Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 29, 2011
I am in the beginning stages of learning German: I have some understanding of the grammar, verb conjugation and declensions for nouns, pronouns and adjectives. However, my vocabulary is woefully inadequate. I am finding the German Vocabulary Cards to be very useful.

I am impressed by the organization of the cards; many of the cards have several words related to the principal word. For example, the noun die Absicht is accompanied by the related adjective absichtlich and verb beabsichtigen. The cards are quite thorough in providing alternative meanings. For example, some elementary German books provide the meanings by, near, at for the preposition bei. This preposition has several other uses, and the card lists the meanings associated with these uses (Larry Wells "Handbuch Zur Deutschen Grammatik" made me aware of the extensive use of this preposition; other "simpler" books did not).

The cards are well worth what I spent to acquire them.
19 helpful votes
20 helpful votes
on March 29, 2015
This is a fantastic adjunct to my German lesson books -- like having a German/English dictionary always at hand and always convenient for reference -- great purchase. I always carry a few of the cards in the car so that when I am stuck in traffic I can continue my education on-the-go.......
4 helpful votes
on March 5, 2014
I really could have given this product a five. It arrived on time and in good condition. The cards are simple vocabulary cards. The card stock is thin, but then it has to be or the case would be twice as long. The only thing I would have liked better was to have the root on each card, and a short sentence in German to better put the word in context. It's nothing fancy - I got exactly what I expected for a good price, with good service.
on March 12, 2008
My 8 year old is enrolled in German school while we are stationed here, and having had no prior German language instruction I bought these to boost his vocabulary. These cards are awesome! We carry a few with us and both try to learn a few new ones each day. Even though there are 1000 cards, many have multiple words on 1 card, so there are even MORE than 1000 things to learn. They are small and easy to carry around, and are great for anyone wanting to learn German! The best German language product I have ever purchased, well worth the money!
49 helpful votes
50 helpful votes
on December 26, 2012
I really like these flash cards. The first thing I did upon receiving them was sort them. I sorted them by categories and that made them easy to find when you needed them. I usually memorize a few cards from a category each day. This really helps after awhile. These cards make a great study aid.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
on December 28, 2013
These are very thin---like normal printer paper. they come in alphabetical order, so right out of the box...I spent a long time putting in like groups...Plus I want to put them on card stock so my kids can use them as well, and not tear them or crumple them...

I would just make my own next time...I will be donating them to our base library...
1 helpful vote
on December 10, 2011
I bought these to supplement a self-paced computer course and find they're great for memorizing words! Unlike vocabulary lists, I can remove the cards I've already learned and only use the ones I don't. And with related words on the same card, it gives an instant opportunity to learn the visually related words. Handy when the words look similar, but mean something different as I'm finding happens a lot in German!
on November 23, 2012
flimsy cards but adequate. Worth the price. Sure the german language was updated after these cards were printed but its good to know what the Eszet stands for, especially if you plan on reading old German texts at some point!
4 helpful votes
on July 29, 2012
These cards are good, and I'm glad I have them, but they could/should have been better. My main criticisms are:
1. They waste far too many cards on obscure words while commonly used words are missing
2. The printing should be larger, especially on the back
3. The cards are very thin stock
All in all though, they are handy.
9 helpful votes
10 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse
These "German Vocabulary Cards" are a very helpful way to reinforce German words and their usage. Our son is taking German in school and he wanted these cards to prep at home. While the shear number of words (1000) makes it a little hard to find the current list he is working on for school, we suspect that over time the new ones he learns from using these will nicely augment his class work.

The cards are fairly small and slightly thinner than expected, but are good quality and should last a long time.

Recommended!