Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 10, 2013
I was looking for a replacement for my 30+ year-old-Gerry down jacket. This one does the job: even though the clothing line is no longer made in the US, the quality and pricing are good. The jacket is warm and so far seems durable. There are a couple of cost-cutting measures when I compare it to my beloved old jacket. The old one had the down distributed in compartments that were further covered over by the jacket lining--the compartments of this one don't have that extra layer. Some improvements over my old jacket are a much more convenient hood and a sort of interior belt that snaps together as a cold air shield. I also had to return the first jacket sent because of a faulty snap installation (quality control issue)--but Amazon made that whole process fast and convenient. The replacement jacket looks to be in fine shape, and I'm anticipating years of warm wear out of it..
3 helpful votes
on October 24, 2012
This is a fantastic product. I ordered a medium, which was too small (I'm 5'9" and 170 lbs), but Amazon exchanged this size for a large in about two days. This coat has a tailored fit, not baggy at all. Great exchange service from Amazon. The coat itself is just what I wanted--warm but lightweight. Gerry has always maintained a great reputation for making the best winterware. Terrific quality, good price. I'm a happy camper. :-)
6 helpful votes
7 helpful votes
33 comments|Report abuse
on December 21, 2012
The jacket arrived today and my husband loves it.It fits great and is really warm.Looksnice too. I would reccomend this jacket to everyone that lives in a cold climate. Great buy.
on February 21, 2013
Nice for wet snow because it is water resistant. The hood is attached and protects well. Inside pockets for cell phone and other valuabels.
on January 15, 2013
this jacket is great, I love it. It's soft and not too heavy. It is very warm to wear it outside.
on January 7, 2013
this coat keeps me warm and dry hope keep have those coats out and it awesome coat to wear to
on January 20, 2013
This jacket is very nice and actually slimming. My husband usually wears Northface but decided a change would be good. My husband ordered this in a size 2X (his actual size) and it fits better than expected. The jacket is very warm and to my surprise my husband is actually very satisfied with the purchase (we had been looking for weeks for just the right jacket). The sleeves have fingerless gloves attached on the inside as well as a phone compartment (looks weatherproof) The jacket is very well detailed inside and out. There is even a compartment to attach "things' for outdoor activities. This jacket is definitely ideal for cold east coast weather as well as outdoor sporting activities.
on August 30, 2013
Ordered an XL as I have long arms and wide shoulders. It fits great.
Have not had an opportunity to wear it yet because the weather does not call for a winter jacket, but it seems like it will be very warm.
Was not sure how I was going to like the built in hand warmers but they seem like they will be fine. If one does not want to wear them they can just be tucked back up into the sleeve.
Still not sure what the inside shoulder straps are for but they are not a problem.
Not looking forward to the cold weather coming but when it does I'll be ready for it with this jacket.
I am rating it five stars because I'm sure it will be as warm as it is cool :-)
Jack
on January 2, 2013
Bought this jacket for my first Chicago winter..the jacket really keeps me toasty in sub 20 degree weather..with or without a sweater inside. it also comes with a LED / compass carabiner which is a nice add-on. The jacket has 2 internal shoulder bands/straps which allows me to keep the jacket hanging onto my body when am indoors...deserves 5 stars
on February 17, 2013
So nice, so warm and so stylish. I like the curved cut in the front. That design is just so unique. U dont have to scarify the style to get a warm jacket like this. Why would you spend $200 extra for the North Face!
3 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.