|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$92.76 - $159.99 & FREE Returns. Details|
- Shell: 95% Polyester, 5% Spandex; Filling: 80% Down, 20% Feathers
- Machine Wash
- Water repellant and wind resistant shell fabric
- Premium 550 down fill power provides maximum insulation, warmth and comfort.
- Adjustable draw cords on the hood and waist to protect from the elements.
- Zip pockets on shell and inner mesh pockets to protect valuables.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Gerry's patriot hybrid down jacket is the perfect versatile all-weather jacket It can be worn on a trip to the slopes for the weekend or dress it up with a nice pair of pants and a sweater for work. Layer a fleece underneath it for maximum warmth.
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B00E6K001E
- Item model number: EG8314
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 29, 2013
- Domestic Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top Customer Reviews
The zipper is one of those double zip styles, which I was very reluctant to buy, because they almost always end up getting jammed. For the most part, the zipper is fine. Occasionally it won't thread, and you have to reset it. This is the sort of problem you always have with this style of double zipper. It actually came in handy while shoveling to unzip from the bottom for some circulation.
The jacket claims to be a 550 fill, and I would agree with that. I bought this specifically to handle the ultra cold Chicago Winter this year where temperatures have dropped below -10F (nevermind the wind chill). I would rather have a 700 fill jacket, but I just couldn't find one at a price point I was willing to spend. This jacket + cashmere sweater + 180s ear muffs + warm gloves + scarf for face is keeping me alive while I walk my dog at 10pm.
However, and this is the BIG criticism, the jacket is constantly losing fill. I recently had to defuzz aforementioned cashmere sweater, and it took quite a bit of duct tape to get it 80% delinted. Most of this lint was from the jacket bleeding fill. The down is coming out as tiny hairs. This is still happening after one month. I'm afraid in time the jacket's warmth will be affected. This jacket may have a short life expectancy of only two or three winters. Disappointing if it works out that way. We'll see.
1. The jacket is not even that warm. I'd still be cold in 30 degree weather.
2. The inside of the jacket started leaking down from the moment I first wore it, and it has just leaked more and more every time I wore it . It became embarrassing to be covered in down every time I took my jacket off, so I even went as far as buying a black tight-fitting fleece to wear UNDER the jacket to prevent the down from getting on my sweaters. The last straw was when after a week of this, the black "under-fleece" was absolutely blanketed in leaked down feathers! I was stunned. This is completely ridiculous!
I just put the jacket away for good. What a waste of money!
I wouldn't recommend buying this product. I would stick with reliable brands such as North Face, Patagonia, or Columbia and shell out the money.
The down started coming out last winter, and it was a major pain. I kind of thought it would stop after a while...and then it got warmer again, and I stopped wearing the coat, and forgot about the issue.
Now, every day when I get to work, I have white down (of varying sizes) all over my shirts...lint rollers don't work, and it's maddening...
I hate that after "investing" in a nice winter jacket, I have to get a new one not even a year later...
white duck feather continued to come up. ＢＡＤ ＬＵＣＫ, Ｉ ＷＯＵＬＤ ＮＯＴ ＢＵＹ ＴＨＩＳ ＡＧＡＩＮ.