Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Get Closer
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Gemini Syndrome Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

Format: Audio CD|Change

on November 16, 2010
I know Amazon won't appreciate this but this is directed towards Keith fans that will hopefully read this review before buying the album. For some reason that I have not been able to figure out as of yet the release of Get Closer only has 8 songs on it, HOWEVER, Target exclusively sells a Deluxe version of this album with the extra new songs (bringing the total of new songs to 11) as well as 4 live songs. Why this is only at Target I do not know but that deluxe version is definately worth it. It cost me $11.99. The album itself is great and why I gave it 5 stars. In my opinion it is far better than Defying Gravity with Keith's guitar much more prominent than on some past recordings (check out the end to Georgia Woods, he tears it up). The central theme is obviously loved based but the music itself is very well done and very enjoyable. In conclusion, go to Target and get the deluxe version!!!
22 comments| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 16, 2010
This CD is a very good release from Keith Urban. Could be his best since Be Here. My favorite songs on this album are You Gonna Fly and Shut out the Lights. I love how he gets back in touch with the sounds from Be Here. Good job Keith.
on November 16, 2010
Just go get it....now...if you are a KU fan you won't be disappointed.
And GO SEE HIM LIVE if you can......everything is 100x better.
on December 7, 2010
I am a die hard Keith Urban fan. I have every single album that man created. My all time favorites are "Golden Road" and now "Defying Gravity". I have to say I was disappointed in this CD. The entire album is tribute songs to his wife which is very, very nice. However it lacked his extraordinary guitar playing ability and savvy vocals. I know most folks find it very good but I find it lacking "Keith". I am a fan, will always be a fan and will always buy his work regardless! He is one of the best recording artist across all genres. Sorry Keith it just didn't grab me like your other work has :-)
on November 16, 2010
Love this CD - Keith Urban does it again! Catchy lyrics and music, with more depth to his voice than previous albums. I really enjoy his work, and loved hearing all of the new songs. "Georgia Woods" and "Long Hot Summer" will be my favorites I'm guessing. For all of the reviewers complaining about 8 songs - the price is lower than other newly released CDs, and reasonable. I agree that the Target version is worth purchasing. I pre-ordered with Amazon, but bought the Target CD earlier today. My Amazon copy will be a gift for a lucky friend!

Great job Keith!!!!
on November 17, 2010
FYI: The standard CD edition of "Get Closer" in Canada contains the 3 "bonus tracks" only available at Target stores in the US. Namely: "Big Promises", "The Luxury Of Knowing", and "Winning". Of course, the Target edition contains the 4 live tracks, but if you're after the studio recordings only, they're on the Canadian edition of the CD...which is available at Amazon.CA
on November 20, 2010
I bought the Deluxe CD from Target the day it was released. It's been playing through my iPod or in my car ever since. In my opinion, this is the best CD from Keith yet. His vocals in this record are just outstanding. I can hear a new confidence in his singing and for that matter, in his playing. Sonically, this record is just amazing. Georgia Woods just blew me away. I don't know how many times I've listened to it. Right On Back To You, Shut Out The Lights, Luxury of Knowing (on the Deluxe version), Big Promises (also on the Deluxe version, Without You, and All For You are my favorites although You Gunna Fly and Long Hot Summer are wonderful, too. Every time as I'm listening to a song I think I want to hear this one again, then the next one starts before I can hit replay and I'm hooked on listening to that one. I can't stop listening. I don't want to stop listening. I can't wait to hear some of these live in concert - it's going to kick butt.

If you love great music, do yourself a favor and go to Target, spend the $11.99, go TODAY, and buy this album. This will make a fantastic gift also!!!
on November 16, 2010
This CD is great!!! 11 songs + live tracks from concerts. Keith's guitar solos are fantastic. Without You is my favorite. Well, You Gonna Fly is pretty amazing too. I think I like this CD more than the last one. Go out and buy it now. You won't regret it.

Wow, just an update. I absolutely love this CD even more than the first time I reviewed it. Without You is an amazing song and on its way to the top. If you haven't gotten this cd yet get it now - even just for this song - it is so worth it!!!!
on November 1, 2011
Yet another winner from the so-foine Keith Urban. I'm not giving a song-by-song review because music is just so subjective, so personal experience, a song that reaches right in and hits you in your solar plexus might leave someone else going, "meh." But having said that, I don't think Keith Urban can put out a bad album. That husky, earnest voice, with just a hint of that Aussie accent peeping through when he sings certain words, his *amazing* guitar skills, the great production... he's the kind of singer that makes you want to buy a high-end stereo system with turntable and then buy his entire catalog on vinyl (because unarguably, the best CD in the world just cannot quite reproduce the richness, the vibrancy, that you get from vinyl). The only thing better than a Keith Urban CD is a Keith Urban concert. One of the few artists I still automatically purchase on CD (and not download from iTunes) because, short of vinyl, I want to hear that voice, that guitar, in its finest glory. An album you can put on repeat and never tire of hearing.
on March 14, 2016
I love everything that Keith puts out! I had missed this album, though, so I wanted to add it to my collection. He really gets to the "heart" of everything. Love his voice - a combination of crystal clear and gravely. Love it and him!