Truck Season Automotive HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on May 26, 2015
Knew very little about social networking when I purchased this - was adequate for openers. Spoke to author on phone and she was very interested in enlisting me in her program for a significant number of dollars to learn more, however, I was so naive at that time, I wasn't spending money on anything I didn't understand better than just a read in her book. She was also busy starting to expand her business at that time an I didn't know how much time I would get or attention for the money expected. Book was a good entry for basics however.
on February 18, 2010
This is a great book for someone that is just starting out using social media to market their business product or service and as a reference to use over and over. I have read it cover to cover and keep it on my desk for a quick and detailed reference whenever I am working on our social media campaign. Not only is it an easy read it is thorough and covers a lot of material. If you are only going to buy one social media how to book buy this one, if you are buying more than one social media book buy this one first.
on February 22, 2010
Get Connected is a quick read chock full of everything you need to know about social networking, as well as how to go about it. I'd taken courses on how to use social media but it wasn't until I read this book that I was able to determine what sites were best for building my business and how to leverage them. In fact, I found the information in Get Connected so helpful it's won a permanent spot in my reference library.
on May 25, 2011
Social media has made it possible for us to conceive with positive people around the planet 24/7/365. If you just aren't sure your business needs your "face" on a "book" or if you can learn how to tweet, get Starr Hall's book today. Read it tonight. Take action tomorrow and watch your business grow as you attract more of your ideal clients and customers.
on March 8, 2016
Awesome
on February 18, 2010
I thoroughly enjoy this book and I still refer to it regularly. Great advice for anyone starting to enter the social media world! Provides a logical, down-to-earth perspective on a complex topic.
on August 4, 2011
I would highly recommend this book for beginners and the novice for social networking business advice. An easy read at a cheap price...
on February 25, 2010
This book is a MUST have for anyone who is online trying to use social media/networking to grow their business. No wonder it's skyrocketing up the Amazon rankings!

Don't be anti-social. But don't SPAM your friends, fans, and followers either. Let Starr Hall guide you through the perks and pitfalls of taking your business to the online masses.

Whether you're new to Web 2.0 (or don't even know what that means) or you realize you simply don't have the time to explore and research every new social media product or site; Hall has distilled in this book the essential information you need (and don't need) to grow your brand online. There's no hype here. Get Connected clearly defines solid, tried-and-true tools, tips, tricks, and traps to help you gain market- and mind-share for your brand.
2 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon June 17, 2011
I must have missed a memo somewhere, because unlike other reviewers I was not impressed with this book! It was not well edited, with basic typos and glaring grammatical/syntax errors that distracted from the work. It read very much like social networking sites - bubbly and bullet-pointed, light on overall content.

If you know anything about business etiquette and have common sense, you don't need the opening chapters. There is some useful information about Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to be found in the next section, but the remainder of the book consists of brief summaries of every social networking site known to mankind.

If you have an unusual or extremely specific target market, this book could save you some time in identifying which social networks to start with. Otherwise, I see very little application for and benefit in this book for the average businessperson.
One person found this helpful
on February 18, 2010
This is a solid "how to" use Social Media to grow your business. It is logical, well thought out by someone who really knows her stuff. If you get a chance to hear this women speak you will catch the energy and pizazz she brings to the audience. Get Connected is written for those of us who need an A-Z guide to building a following and latch on to the hot new way to market you business. All small business owners should read this book. Get Connected: The Social Networking Toolkit for Business
2 people found this helpful