Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Magazine Deals Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals Prime member deal on Amazon Video: 50% off select Pixar movie rentals  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on July 12, 2013
Lots of great info for someone new to Detox and Fasting. However, I'm rather disappointed in the numerous "For more information see 'The Bible Cure for ???'." I'd very much prefer to have the info on detoxifying in a book about detoxifying, than have to purchase an entire series of books to get the tidbits of info I actually need. I will, however, be using many of the recipes in the back of the book.
3 helpful votes
on March 2, 2016
great
on February 19, 2014
Detox and Fasting was very informative read. Its very important to become educated about these topics in this age of modified grains and questionable environment we live in today.
Book arrived on time and is in excellent condition.
I would recommend this to a friend.
on May 15, 2015
great
on April 1, 2015
Excellent book.
on July 10, 2013
Very educational on why our body needs to be detoxified every so often and how to do it step by step with healthy whole foods and through a liquid/juice fast!
on April 3, 2010
The book content is good, and it explain a lot of good reasons why is good for people to fast, however, the 28 day recipes for fasting have too many ingredients that are unknown at least to me.
3 helpful votes
on January 14, 2012
The credibility of this doctor is outstanding... all of his books are filled with wisdom... I recommend any of his books highly. He writes with much authority, knowledge through his many years of experience and in simple verse that is easy to comprehend. He does not talk down to the reader, but uses many visuals to relate what he is presenting.
on March 28, 2008
this has some valuable information-but always consult your physician before fasting if you have medical conditions.
on February 27, 2010
I loved this book! It was such a great program to follow, albeit time-consuming. But I figured it's either take the time NOW and learn a new way of living or have a whole lot of time on my hands after being admitted to a hospital for some degenerative disease or spending the end of my life in nursing facility (where my mother is right now), neither of which do I plan to do.

As a Christian I loved the fact that it gives daily devotions that made me focus on why I was detoxing and fasting, from both a physical and spiritual perspective. I journaled my entire 27 days so far. It was an excellent way of beginning to renew my mind and really examine myself as God's Word commands. I imagine if you're not a Christian you might be offended by the Biblical references throughout but I found them to be a cleansing tool for my soul, mind and spirit. It's an icredible way begin to learn to walk in the Spirit and crucify the flesh (you know, that unruly fleshy thing I live in that has been dominating my choices for too long!)

I felt like a drug addict in rehab during this program as I noticed how my body reacted to what others were eating. It's amazing how addicted we can become to some of the most unhealthy food and not even realize or acknowledge that we are using food like a drug! It gave me a whole new perspective on those who are in drug rehab (as my nephew was many times before his premature death). It's not easy to give up habitual choices we've made time after time for so many years but I am living proof that we can. I bought this book three years ago and tried reading it then and used it for about a day and that was it. It sat on my bookshelf until last month when I finally made the choice to begin living healthy. It really is a mindset. The way we think will determine the way we live. We either make death choices or life choices and we do reap what we sow.

The recipes included were very tasty and satisfying. And I appreciated the fact that the first 20 days of the program prepare your liver for the fasting part of the program by cleansing the liver with liver-friendly foods. Most of the juice recipes were tasty too.

I found the juice fasting during the last week has been the hardest part, especially after the third day, but I have stuck with it and tomorrow is my 28th day. Yeah!!!! And day 29 will be the beginning of my new and healthier life.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who is serious about changing the way they think about food and living a healthy life.

Thank you Dr. Colbert for "writing down the vision and making it clear so that I could run with it!" Habakkuk 2:2
10 helpful votes