Customer Reviews: Get It Girls: A Harlem Girl Lost Novel
Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Cycling on Amazon

Format: Paperback|Change

on June 30, 2012
I am a true Treasure Blue fan and I judged this book by its cover. Boy was I wrong. It was not your typical urban tale. There were twists and turns that I never saw coming and I love an unpredictable book. There were lessons, drama and action all in one. No spoilers. Get this book because it is truly an original storyline. Thank you Treasure. *wink*
on February 20, 2013
The book, Get IT Girls, by Treasure Blue, focuses on four best friends, naming their pact, Get It Girls. The girls become victims of violence and then convicted of a crime they did not commit. The story leads you through their prison term then to a war on drugs. I found the read to be dry, stretched way to long and boring in many areas. I am a little disappointed. I rate this book OK.
on October 28, 2012

After reading Harlem Girl Lost, I was left wondering what more can this author do? Well my questions were answered as I turned the first page of Get It Girls/Harlem Girl Lost 2. SAY WHAT? Can you say page turner. Treasure Blue is the Griot Of Urban Literature. This author has the ability to draw you into his world without your even realizing that you have taken that trip until its over.

The what ifs from the first book were all answered here. True bonds and loyalties were tested and lessons were learned. Always tell the truth (even if you are trying to protect others feelings), for an omission of what you may call a little white lie may have detrimental effects on your future as it did for some of the characters in this book. Sometimes the people that you think are for you are totally against you. You have to be able to separate the sheep from the wolves, because if you can't, that wolf dressed as the sheep will devour you before you know what is happening. The saying "you can't teach an old dog new tricks", has been debunked here as there were life altering experiences that changed the lives of several characters in this book. You will definitely, enjoy this book as did I.

This book has some of everything. You find love, truth, loyalty, adversity, triumph, reckoning and second chances all within the pages of this book. You walk away full, like you've just digested a seven course meal with an extra helping of desert. But you walk away satisfied until the food digests and you find yourself wanting to read more by this author. Well you can do that as you can pre-order "Fly Betty", which is do out early next year. I'm just saying ...LOL

So come on and take that trip with Treasure Blue as he revisits the lives of Jesse, Vonda, Tiny, Lynn, Chubby, Kenny as well as others with a new spin and while you are at it check out some of the authors other titles.

on November 6, 2012
I absolutely loved Get it Girls! They were some parts that literally had my mouth hanging open... I didn't expected for the end to turn out the way it did but the ending will leave in tears.

I decision can change your life forever. I can honestly see all the characters and feel their pain. When Treasure writes he makes sure you know them personally.

When Treasure puts his pen to the paper, he didn't write about the things he didn't know and you can obviously tell from his writing. He had touched thousands of people and they've made life changing decisions for the better.

My dear Treasure Blue, I bow down in front of you.. Excellent work and I didn't expect anything less!!
on August 24, 2013
Treasure Blue is an awesome storyteller. H never disappoints his fans with the tales he weaves. This book gives insight on how things began for Jessica and how her crew. I couldn't put the book down because I had to know what was going to happen next. You will love the ending. I did. So if you haven't read this book or any of Treasure's other books, then you better get started. We love Treasure Blue!!
on December 28, 2012
Treasure Blue never cease to amaze me!! He is consistent in all of his books and you will feel like you know the characters! You will never know what type of emotion he will bring out! Get it Girls was awesome read! I loved the plot and everything in between. This book will have you wondering why did a person do what they did all the way til the end. Read this book and you will not be disappointed!!
on August 18, 2013
Treasure Has rendered me sober...sober to my is a sobering fact that life can render you humble and is living on tipped scales ...your spirit...your will to live...Innocence is truly in the Eye of the Beholder...survival is all I know..with that being said Get It Girls!..
on June 6, 2012
I loved this book as I love all of his books. For me now his books are right up there with Wahida Clark and Nikki Turner as books that I must read and as books that I can read more than once. He shows women who are strong no matter what the situation. I will be buying his new books as soon as they come out. Keep up the great work Treasure Blue.
on June 21, 2014
This book had many twist and turns and was very unpredictable....when the girls first went to the joint I thought they'd never make it out...they were so green

Tiny redeemed herself CAUSE she was on some other s*** salute to the Get it Girls......on the the next Treasure novel...keep it up Triple og
on December 4, 2012